Sign in to follow this  
Kyu

A Change to the Grinding System

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, duithy said:

i dont play a lot but it seems i am out of luck for so much as i can not keep up with the cost of things in game.

small scale the grinders are not dropping much 6 runs of protecters one grinder and a few unsafe fight for food and no grinders but 4 non grinder drops

does it seem like protecters has a reduced drop rate??

It's because you dont play a lot, but the drop rate is good. Go see the player shop, in total there must be 100+ grinders. The problem comes from elsewhere.

edit : not saying the drop rate is good for all grinders, maybe those of intermediate level (+4/+6 or +7) deserve a small boost rate.

Edited by Aelphasy

Are there any good C-A weapons to justify spending money to grind them? I always thought it was a waste of time and money to grind low-grade weapons.

52 minutes ago, Aelphasy said:

It's because you dont play a lot, but the drop rate is good. Go see the player shop, in total there must be 100+ grinders. The problem comes from elsewhere.

edit : not saying the drop rate is good for all grinders, maybe those of intermediate level (+4/+6 or +7) deserve a small boost rate.

I think something to note with current grinder costs is that we are currently in an event so the amount of players online/getting grinders is much higher than it would be normally. Grinder A+10s are averaging around at 500k atm, when event time passes grinder costs will inevitably increase to be higher than they originally were in Dallgun. Grinders S+10 are averaging around 4mil (there isn't much of them on the market) and will also increase when the event passes possibly higher than previous Dallgun prices also

47 minutes ago, Jet said:

Are there any good C-A weapons to justify spending money to grind them? I always thought it was a waste of time and money to grind low-grade weapons.

C & B weapons : no.

A : yes. Top tiers A-rank weapons are equal to some 12 or 13* S rank (and even more) like Black Rebellion, Skull Ankh or Twin Dil Edge.

The jump in price to A and S is too high imo. Should be like 2.5mil and 5mil or something. Maybe even a bit less. At those prices your weapon could cost into the 100s of millions with bad luck. That's a little crazy considering how few players there are and overall meseta in the game.

11 hours ago, KanameChidori said:

The jump in price to A and S is too high imo. Should be like 2.5mil and 5mil or something. Maybe even a bit less. At those prices your weapon could cost into the 100s of millions with bad luck. That's a little crazy considering how few players there are and overall meseta in the game.

I've actually been considering this change.

I still don’t think that’s going to be enticing enough for the average player to want to grind,  the S+10’s need to be around 1.5mil.

Id like to showcase what grinders at 1.5mil would mean, so people don’t shout easy mode at me 😄

I understand sometimes you cans get lucky and your weapon will go straight to 10, but on average it takes double then some..So around 23-24. (This is before things could break) so this means :

Straight to 10 x 1.5 = 15mil

On average 23 x 1.5 = 34.5mil

That above would have been decent, not great! BUT only if things couldn’t break! 

But things break now = So let’s say for SCIENCE  😄 all grinders were now completely FREE of charge HURRAY, you have a 4%? chance currently of getting an S rank 10/10, it costs 10mil per repair. So that’s 1/25 chance to get 10/10, on average that’s 20 attempts - that’s an average cost of 200mil per weapon without factoring in the cost of the grinders 😔which you would need 120 of.

I don’t know if many people know this, but the reason why repairing worked on JP was because after repairing the item, you could just go and guardians cash it to 8/10 for about 3 bucks, then chance the last two grinds yourself, here that model doesn’t work because it resets it to 0/10.

Going forward I think a few things should be added, this needs balanced. repairing an item shouldn’t reset it to 0/10, it should repair it 7/9 = 7/10

S+10 needs to reach about 1.5mil, repairing should be around 3mil, this with things getting repaired and not reset should bring a more well rounded grinding experience. 

Try it please and have an end to the grinder stress 😄❤️ 

17 minutes ago, Delta Violet+ said:

I still don’t think that’s going to be enticing enough for the average player to want to grind,  the S+10’s need to be around 1.5mil.

Id like to showcase what grinders at 1.5mil would mean, so people don’t shout easy mode at me 😄

I understand sometimes you cans get lucky and your weapon will go straight to 10, but on average it takes double then some..So around 23-24. (This is before things could break) so this means :

Straight to 10 x 1.5 = 15mil

On average 23 x 1.5 = 34.5mil

That above would have been decent, not great! BUT only if things couldn’t break! 

But things break now = So let’s say for SCIENCE  😄 all grinders were now completely FREE of charge HURRAY, you have a 4%? chance currently of getting an S rank 10/10, it costs 10mil per repair. So that’s 1/25 chance to get 10/10, on average that’s 20 attempts - that’s an average cost of 200mil per weapon without factoring in the cost of the grinders 😔which you would need 120 of.

I don’t know if many people know this, but the reason why repairing worked on JP was because after repairing the item, you could just go and guardians cash it to 8/10 for about 3 bucks, then chance the last two grinds yourself, here that model doesn’t work because it resets it to 0/10.

Going forward I think a few things should be added, this needs balanced. repairing an item shouldn’t reset it to 0/10, it should repair it 7/9 = 7/10

S+10 needs to reach about 1.5mil, repairing should be around 3mil, this with things getting repaired and not reset should bring a more well rounded grinding experience. 

Try it please and have an end to the grinder stress 😄❤️ 

The weapon repairs don't reset the weapon to 0/10. They keep the current grind. So repairing an 8/9 weapon right now makes it an 8/10. I explained all of this in my grinding post.

Posted (edited)

what I mean is if you break a weapon at say 6/10 , instead of going 0/9 it should go 6/9.

then you repair it back to 6/10.

or

lets say you break a weapon at 6/10, instead of going 0/9 it loses a grind and goes to 5/9.

then you repair it to 5/10

The RNG needs to be reduced / grinders need to meet the 1.5 mark / repairs at 3mil 🙂 this would be around 9 breaks with this method, making it not great, but fair and something to work from.

Edited by Delta Violet+

Your weapon breaking does reset the grind though as we went back to the old system no? Honestly, a method to restore the max grind on weapons is a good idea but I feel like the old system was bearable only because it was easy to craft grinders and you could stockpile tons of them. The current drop rate on grinders just doesn't feel generous enough to warrant going back to a system that can be so punishing. I said it on discord but I think a good compromise might be to make it to where failing a grind doesn't reset the grind level but does lower the max grind available to the weapon. So if someone gets to 6/10 but fails going to 7 they'll just be at 6/9 instead of 0/9. It'd still keep the new items worth using and having lower drop rate on grinders wouldn't feel so bad if you aren't risking everything with each grind.

Right, having it drop the max but not the current grind might be a nice middle ground. You still need to use another grinder and repair it, but at least it's not another 6 or 7, or whatever you got up to. Could keep the prices/drops how they are. Could work.

An inbetween from that would be to have a chance to lose some current grinds while repairing. For example let's say you get a weapon to 7/10 and it breaks going to 8, now it's 7/9. Well when you use the repair it could have a chance to lose 0 current grinds, 1, or 2 (or any number you think is fair) when repairing. That would make grinding still more rng based like the original system, but not bullshit like it can be sometimes. You would have a 33.3% chance of either 0, 1, or 2 grinds being taken off the current grind when repairing.