Valen

What do you think about HP scaling?

How do you feel about HP Scaling?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that HP Scaling should be changed or removed?

• HP scaling should be removed.
    • HP scaling should be lowered.
    • HP scaling should remain the same.
    • HP scaling should be increased.

I feel that a lot of Types are falling short due to HP scaling currently.
Do you feel that HP Scaling is in a good spot right now, or do you think that it should be changed or removed?

I feel as if the HP scaling makes a lot of classes and PAs not as good as they used to be and there needs to be a change

Edited by Time

Think its a good idea to tone back the HP scaling but not remove it completely for sure.

The current HP scaling makes it so certain weapon types and PAs become obsolete as soon as the enemies HP is increased too high, JP slicer PA with a large party becomes less worth using and just resorting to higher single target DPS just works out better. Its the same with certain FM PAs, Tornado Break and Jabroga start to be less useful and instead resorting to Skadd is a better option. It sucks because it limits playstyle and makes the game seem less fun.

I think toning back the HP scaling would let other weapon types/PAs shine and increase the diversity of everyone's loud out.

I believe mobs and bosses need way more HP to make this game actually playable. everything dies so fast and level is far too quick. Longevity!

I voted to reduce the HP scaling. I really love having it and think its a great idea for balancing the various party sizes, but the current +40% ends up favoring solo / small parties more than it should. It's too easy for a strong player to end up feeling discouraged to play with weak or average players.

+20% ~ +30% HP would probably be better.

Honestly I enjoy this HP Scaling which is in Clementine. It's more, I don't see a "huge discourage" of the other classes when I see perfectly a good ammount of full parties.

Perhaps, and if people is annoyed with the HP scale, it could be interesting for keeping that scale for S4 or even for events with an increased difficult for making parties a needed thing in an online game since S4 is basically the endgame of all PSU, which means many S weps with 10-20% of PA/Tech damage modifier are there...

15 minutes ago, ImLucyMiya said:

I believe mobs and bosses need way more HP to make this game actually playable. everything dies so fast and level is far too quick. Longevity!

Nah fam

I voted for it to be lowered.

There is an indirect solution : remove the 6 members party, and leave it to 4. As in all Phantasy Star.... 6 players makes no sense, it makes the game confusing. Almost 15 years later, don't get why Sega make that choice.

Anyway, when there are 2, 3 or 4 players, hp scaling is good and enough to me.

I love having 6 player parties!! 

I voted to reduce the HP scaling but I still really enjoy it.  It's just a tad too high.

On 8/20/2019 at 8:42 AM, Aelphasy said:

I voted for it to be lowered.

There is an indirect solution : remove the 6 members party, and leave it to 4. As in all Phantasy Star.... 6 players makes no sense, it makes the game confusing. Almost 15 years later, don't get why Sega make that choice.

Anyway, when there are 2, 3 or 4 players, hp scaling is good and enough to me.

A fair compromise might be to instead make a 6 player party have a lowered HP bonus to say what 4 is now or around it. As well as adjusting the 2-5 party bonus accordingly.   But a drawback would be bosses HP if they use the same system rather then bosses having their own set of bonuses. As it is a party with more members makes enemies more difficult to kill. (Damn dark gargoyles!) Bosses though still seem to go down easily, sometimes too easily in comparison of the run to it. (Relatively to types / damage/ and difficulty of course)  

I'd like to point out something you did well with this topic: you proposed an idea without leading the question. By not stating your stance you don't discourage people who don't want to insult it or contradict you for no reason. I only have mild opinions on the hp scaling currently, and if it was something I knew you cared about, I wouldn't have felt ok voting against you.