We're currently having a problem with our launcher. Please launch the game via the PSUC client in the game folder. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Sign in to follow this  
AlphaOmegaWolf

PS2/PC physical copies

Hello all, first off I'd like to say I am glad someone had the same idea i had about 5 or 6 years ago(i have no coding knowledge or i would have tried doing it myself) cause i have missed playing this game.  My suggestion is this, if we could, for those of us that still have an actually PS2 console/PS2 emulator with the physical disk of AOTI, or physical PC version disk , to connect to the clementine servers like schthack did for PSO(I have played and still occasionaly play there). I have no clue how much work that would entail, whether it be more work or less then what is being done now. The reason i suggest this is cause from my understanding, all the game info, PAs, Classes, Max Levels, etc., is all on the disk, it was/is just unaccessable because of certin codes the devs put in place that when removed would allow access to more things in the game, like higher lvl missions and better weapons and the like. If this sounds like a dumb idea then please just ignore this post or even better delete it. Figured i would just through my 2 cents into the pot. 😋

• Thumbs Up 1

With the PlayStation 2 version, that will be very hard because PS2 games that had online functions had this thing called DNAS. Pretty much, DNAS was some authentication system made by Sony. (was used in PS2, PSP, and i think PS3 games) which eventually was killed off back in 2014. And if there were to be Clementine available for PS2, there would have to be a custom/emulated DNAS Server as well I think. There are a couple unofficial servers for PS2 games but the list of games is very small.

From what I see, I am assuming this game is pretty server-dependent because it seems like whenever there’s the maintenance there’s a fix in the smallest things such as PP costs. (I could be wrong but feel free to correct me) and IDK if things like patches would be different for PS2 versions, maybe. (Not to mention it will probs take a lotta space on a memory card)