Sign in to follow this  
Light

Regarding Serious Unbalance

Just now, Time said:

is it really stressful for the clem team to do a small balance change though???

Screenshot_4.png

Edited by Killroy

3 minutes ago, Killroy said:

Screenshot_4.png

hmm so basically we gotta wait  x amount of months for a good balance change/update?

I am just happy I have something to be my stress relief again. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to Clementine. Including everyone who is so passionate about balancing and are anxious for the server to be done. 1.5 years ago Clem was at a state where Marmalade was too stressed to work on it and made that very clear. 

I only joined back recently and the server progress has advanced what feels like 10x. 

Maybe its because I am still so relatively new that I do not really care about things being so unbalanced. Maybe its because I always play a support character and never really cared if I was the strongest in the party. I played my part and had fun doing it. 

TL/DR: Thank you to all those who brought Phantasy Star Universe back into my life! 

Just now, Time said:

hmm so basically we gotta wait  x amount of months for a good balance change/update?

Pretty much yea if you not patience enough to wait until we reach that point then sorry to tell you. I want functionality first and get most of that annoying bug crushed as possible.

2 minutes ago, Killroy said:

Pretty much yea if you not patience enough to wait until we reach that point then sorry to tell you. I want functionality first and get most of that annoying bug crushed as possible.

oh bro by all means I have the patience but im not sure about the rest of the community though, guess we jus gonna have to ride out the rough times then 😞

@Matt In any project you start with a focus group. Then when you are nearing finishing the project you start opening things up to discussion. Balance should come once all/most functionality is restored. The changes they make without community input is fine with me, honestly. It allows for them to jump into the server make the changes and see how it effects the functionality of the server as a whole. This balancing thing is more or less the fine tuning that comes towards the end once the official server (s) are finished. I would presume at least. 

Still though you are not wrong in that you do need community feedback in order to keep the community together. The focus group should keep this in the back of their minds. You sometimes are going to have to throw a bone to the masses that are playing this game right now. Keep them invested in the project because without them who are you building this server for? All however many remain? 

So I do agree you need compromise but if the team is saying they still are working on functionality than let them work on that. We can continue to have discussions about balance on here. But as the team is still returning functionality. The balance of the game is always going to be an ongoing discussion. 2 months from now we could be talking about why some other class is way out of balance to this other class. 

I would also add. Sega had to constantly battle balancing as they implemented new things. So I am imagining that we will always be arguing this issue, at least until nearly all updates and functionality are returned. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

No disrespect, but you haven't been around long enough to see some of the ridiculous changes being discussed in there. 

Your right. I have not. But I just see it as if the people working on this are busy implementing re-balancing every month; its just going to slow the progress down of more important work to be done. At this point I am trusting the Clem team. As I said the server is 10x better than the last time I joined. It feels like the server is on par with what we originally got in the U.S. Not everything was perfect but they had enough functionality to where it felt like a game. 

And that is not to take away from your point Matt. It is important for the Clem team to see this. Afterall its a fine line between returning functionality and keeping people interesting in playing on Clementine. We need to have these discussions to help the Clem team out. But its more important to find bugs/glitches at this point, than in it is to re-balance everything every single time they implement a new feature. 

But again its not to say they can ignore the community. After all our support is why they continue to work on Clementine. Without the community who are they building this all for? 

Edited by stinkyfish97