Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Increase Scape Limit to 5.

YOmap

Since there are boss drops now, I like to hunt boss drops. Problem is we have a 1 scape limit and once they scape is gone, and you die, YOU HAVE FAILED THE MISSION. You can't reload the mission.

Can we please increase the scape limit to 5?

Not everyone likes to be in parties, specially when I am hunting something.

I personally like the 1 scape limit, I am also a solo player and it's made me reconsider how I play. I intend to pickup the Incap immunity from Dallgun eventually to deal with Megid and I'm sure it's possible to avoid getting 1 shot by raw damage no? Just don't face tank all boss mechanics for max dps.

54 minutes ago, Fuzedknight said:

I personally like the 1 scape limit, I am also a solo player and it's made me reconsider how I play. I intend to pickup the Incap immunity from Dallgun eventually to deal with Megid and I'm sure it's possible to avoid getting 1 shot by raw damage no? Just don't face tank all boss mechanics for max dps.

It's not being Incap by Megid. Its boss mechanics that happen all at once when you can't do anything about it. Motherbrain AI isn't a pattern so she'll do her arm swipe, rockets and razonde all at the same time and those attack happen within milisends of each other. Even with 56% lightning resistance, it still one shots me.

So, NO...1 cap Limit is not ok.

• 1 month later...

Did we not have a limit of 10 on the sega servers?  To start with it was oh no I have to spend 5k to buy another but after you got leveled up it was more of a joke about having to buy them.  Outside of 21+ stamina vijeri resist were very common.  As a cast vijeri resist was the way to go due to getting stamina above 21+ was useless if you wanted to have any chance at SUV's.

3 hours ago, Burnhil said:

Did we not have a limit of 10 on the sega servers?  To start with it was oh no I have to spend 5k to buy another but after you got leveled up it was more of a joke about having to buy them.  Outside of 21+ stamina vijeri resist were very common.  As a cast vijeri resist was the way to go due to getting stamina above 21+ was useless if you wanted to have any chance at SUV's.

Yes, 10 was what we had before. I'm happy with 3 though, it feels like the sweet spot.

10 scapes made revive techs useless, imo. Nobody complained on the official servers because they were all casuals anyway. I don't remember a damn thing that was challenging about the official servers besides getting around the atrocious frame drops.

7 hours ago, Jet said:

10 scapes made revive techs useless, imo. Nobody complained on the official servers because they were all casuals anyway. I don't remember a damn thing that was challenging about the official servers besides getting around the atrocious frame drops.

I wouldn't say it made them useless.  There were only a few people I knew who could actually play the support tech class worth anything.  Majority only wanted to play master for damage and the moaning that would come across when someone had to be picked up in  random parties was insane.   Either way 1 3 5 10 I'll still enjoy playing just makes me cringe when I see someone down in Clementine and no one wants to pick them up.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 10:05 AM, RiggedGaming said:

So here's a wild idea. Bring back the 10 scapedoll limit like on official, and anyone who feels that's too much can just willingly limit how many scapes they carry on them.

Yeah that's the thing. I really couldn't care less about currently being able to hold 3 scapes. I come close to that limit but never cross it unless I just flat out don't want to risk the 5k and hold 3. That being said, I'm sure there's some content that is going to be way less viable like this, but I haven't personally run into it. It's hard to care that much about something that isn't affecting me.

That being said, what about people who are further from the server? This server plays like a dream for me, but what if you just flat out lag and get hit by attacks that aren't even where they look like a lot? Even if it's just lag... I don't think lowering the scape doll limit impacts anybody except those who can't get through missions without them, be it solo players, laggy players, or just bad players, and I don't think any of those three things should be penalized by straight up taking away their MP. It's just not a "punishment fits the crime" thing. "You're bad, so you're going to 

*BUT* on the other hand it is a barrier to bosses that are harder than you should be doing I guess? I haven't really run into too many things I can't play patiently to avoid except a few attacks that home a bit better than they should. This game doesn't really have evasion mechanics outside of more traditional RNG rolls, and anybody who plays turned based will tell you sometimes you kinda just die to those.

As long as the limit isn't 1 or 2 I'm not going to care personally, but I also want to empathize with the players who struggle and don't have the godlike reactions and game sense we all do (Like my wife...She's bad. 🤫)! 

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2019 at 12:05 AM, RiggedGaming said:

So here's a wild idea. Bring back the 10 scapedoll limit like on official, and anyone who feels that's too much can just willingly limit how many scapes they carry on them.

I agree. An increase limit to like 5 or 10 would be nice for beginners, but later on when you want a challenge, just limit yourself would be nice, especially when you are most likely to play by yourself.