TurtleHermit0

Phantasy Star Online 2 Western Release

Confirmed at E3 during Microsoft's press conference. Game is set to be released in North America in spring 2020 on PC and Xbox One.

Posted (edited)

SEGA have said there is nothing to confirm when it comes to a release in other areas though which is a bit disconcerting, but let's hope it eventually happens.

Edited by TurtleHermit0

When it's released it'll be just shy of 8 years since the original game was released. Not only that, but it'll be 1 year before the next Xbox is due to be released.

Rather bizarre timing.

Honestly this is why Sega should be bought by Nintendo or something, this isn't shade at Microsoft they're just the platform of choice for this. This is shade at Sega's idiotic decision making that has been plaguing their games for ages now. For one, Most people who wanted to play PSO2, have already or are currently doing so. Secondly, limiting yourself to the Xbox platform only sequesters your sales focus to an already very limited group left of people who'd want to limit themselves to a console, especially since not everyone wants to use windows 10 to play it either.

Furthermore, we already know that SoA is absolute garbage at maintaining their own servers, keeping out cheaters that ruin the game for everyone, AND that SoJ has been outwardly xenophobic about content updates to western servers. Even if they release it fully updated to the current version, it'll fall behind very fast. Like...we learn from the past but does Sega? Honestly this might seem petty but they took so long to release the western version that I hope it flops, screw em.

• Thumbs Up 3

Posted (edited)

This gives more questions than answers. Xbox has been around for quite a while, so why only now are they bringing it over. Maybe it will be for the next Xbox ?   

I don't keep track of PSO2 , doesn't it already have a release on console, why aren't those being brought over here (US) or Europe now? I'm thinking Japanese are going to have their servers and some for everyone else now that ultimately won't be treated as well. We've been down this road before with PSU. Wasn't the PSU Us/EU like several months (if even) behind compared to Their real servers?

Still we should try to support this move if we can. "Thanks SEGA" kind of stuff. It could help bring more stuff to US/EU in the future. 

Edit: seems I pretty much just restated what Nikki already said. Oops.

Edited by Core

5 hours ago, Nikki said:

Honestly this is why Sega should be bought by Nintendo or something.

Uh, no thanks. If that was to happen, every SEGA game would be Nintendo exclusive. I would rather have my SEGA games on PC.

Generic Sega employee: "The game has been delayed. Stay tuned for further updates." I've lost all optimism with this game and was shocked beyond belief when a friend IRL told me about it. I had to confirm the suspicion for myself as releasing it 8-years later seems like a stand-up act greater than Dave Chapelle's. If a person wants to play the game, they're better off playing the JP version instead of hoping for the 3424 time they'll have an "actual" NA release.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wont play if there is a cash shop, I would pay a monthly subscription but anything more then that, no thanks. Plus they took way to long to release, not even excited lol.