Sign in to follow this  
Tes

Community

Anyone else find a lot of MMO players can be a little intense? Roleplaying within a roleplaying game, elitists, highly over opinionated types, unnecessarily confrontational or rather melodramatic and over the top.

Not to say there isn't a wide variety of different people and personalities online. Maybe as I've gotten older I prefer calmer/quieter gamers to play regularly with.

On another note, why is it when 1 or 2 people leave a party, a whole 6 player team can vanish in an instant, and nobody has the courtesy to say "bye".

3 hours ago, Tes said:

why is it when 1 or 2 people leave a party, a whole 6 player team can vanish in an instant, and nobody has the courtesy to say "bye"

in my case, I just don't care enough to sit up from my chair, put my controller down just to type bye. seems pointless imo. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

It's true that even though people say hello, they never say goodbye (90% of the time). So, I guess it's "cultural"? Since it's not only on PSU, but always happen when playing with us/uk people whatever the game/year.

edit : or maybe they just don't care enough to sit up from their chair, put their controller down just to type bye. I was wrong all those years, it's a serious plot twist.

Edited by Aelphasy

Nothing meant personally. We all have our preferences.

As for people leaving parties, I think it's more the cascade of players leaving that's more unsettling than people not saying they're leaving.

Well as for my side i can't judge about that, iv'e played with other players last night while streaming, one's one of my acquaintances and the other one was very gratefull before leaving the team. ( And is on my friend list now )

It was a hard fight on the donjon but still the fun was there at the end ^_^ ( and a couple of xp lv as well )

i feel like its more of an "oh ill see em around again anyway and maybe we will talk, since the community is so small" Ive only got 30 hours in or so and ive already started seeing some of the same people; greetings and all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It works on some armors. But some are broken - they show they have arm or leg slots but when you go to equip them, it doesn't work. Wind up spending more on armor than you need to in order to find working armor that accepts the units you wish to equip

I find people can be pretty nice. However, I definitely can say that I don't have the same mindset that I did playing PSU a decade ago. I play it frequently, but sometimes I log on just to play a mission or two quickly to gain some money or leveling. In that case, I may or may not say hello and good-bye if I group up with people. I agree with muffins2yadome - part of it is now that it's a small server, I imagine I'll meet y'all again. I'm not too worried about having a conversation every time I'm on. My apologies in advance! 😅

I'm at the point now where I strongly feel more than ever to reassert my feelings that society is doomed.  Too many childish kids in this game and this is the worst generation of kids.  This is why they are labeled The Lost Generation

5 hours ago, FUFME said:

I'm at the point now where I strongly feel more than ever to reassert my feelings that society is doomed.  Too many childish kids in this game and this is the worst generation of kids.  This is why they are labeled The Lost Generation

Don't have to wait a PSU private server to know that. But im not going on a political debate.

Anyway, the community is fine by now, and in any case, I understood that the most disruptive elements were quickly banned... 😉