Sign in to follow this  
Rycka

PSO 2 with english patch on JP servers

Hi folks !

For those who still want to experience the last game of the franchise without knowing japanese i got maybe the solution, and honestly i found this.. whithtout really searching, it was kinda a lucky coincidence.

http://arks-layer.com/index.php

By going to the link just above, you can download a patch that enable you to play de client mostly in english ( or at least the essential cause didn't try everything yet ) i suggest you if you want to dl that to let you pc running the client during the night cause.... the client very heavy, and maybe due to all the updates as well ( currently the full client's around 12 Go ) . ( PSO2 Tweaker )

As you may know jp servers don't block ip adresses unlike the SEA version was, so if you are interested give it a try ^_^

Already got 85 level on all classes except phantom, now my laptop burned and I cant play anymore, but I got bored of pso2, psu after pso2 seems so slow, but it's still one of my favourite games.

I have yet to reinstall the game, but last time I tried to apply this patch it did not work so I gave up on it.

Well as for myself it did work nicely.😉

But the client is pretty heavy on space it took like at least 2 to 4 hours to install all the patches è_é

@SHOTGUN : iv'e tries a phew action rpg's recently, true that pso2 is a bit slow pace compare for example to Soul Worker ( i am on their private server not the official ) but the graphics still are realy pretty for a game that's already 7 years old ^_^

Posted (edited)

I'm a bit surprised there are some people who still aren't aware of translations and easier patching on PSO2, but then again some people do avoid PSO2 like the plague and I can't really fault them for that, SEGA has made the game feel pretty soul sucking IMO- Older fans get turned off by all the useless collab shit, newer players can still fall into traps with skill trees and mags, especially with how quickly you can level, and may find gearing up difficult because of how much you need to understand with the affixing system and whatnot. You can practically skip through Normal, Hard and VH difficulties. For lategame players, Endless quest grind and progressing Omega Masquerade every day gets real tiring. That said, Episode 6, Ultra Hard and the new Armada of Demise EQ have been a breath of fresh air so far.

Personally, I've been having more fun on PSU so far than I've had in the last few years I've been on PSO2 lmao

But by all means, try it if you haven't yet, for all its faults PSO2's gameplay is still solid enough to this day that I hop on every other day just to wail on shit sometimes

Edited by Helmont
  • Thumbs Up 1

PSO2 is more interesting to watch than to play. It's very impressive to watch on youtube, but when we're on it, I think we get bored soon enough... Very personal ofc

Also, it look likes a random asian f2p, not a Phantasy star...

I found the combat a lot more fluid, but removing the need to level up PA's felt like a bit of a backwards step. As did only having 1 lobby, which removed the feeling of exploration that you get in PSU. It's certainly a much nicer looking game, but in 12 player parties, the amount of visual effects going on with PA's and magic etc makes the screen an epileptics nightmare. I could only manage a few hours at best, otherwise I'd end up with terrible headaches.