Posted (edited)

Just give them more incentive to actually use their techs so they don't feel like a gimpy forte fighter with buffs is all, I think most Wartechers would be happy lowering S rank wands to A rank for this is it's deemed too strong in it's own right, thoughts/opinions?

reasons for to me is because of the obvious synergy you would have with using a melee in the right and magic in left hand, akin to what guntecher has now with their combo, switching off melee to a wand doesn't feel very fluid an slows down combat I think it would serve them a lot better to be able to do both decently without having to swap weapons an might and magic combination is what this class is themed around, currently there is little reason to cast techs as even resistant monsters go down easier with twin claws maybe with this change they can make a use for it. It will also buff their support options allowing them to heal without swapping off weapons though albeit they can do this with just A rank fine so /shrug

Edit: made a low effort post slightly less low effort.

Edited by Rain Starfall
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

No. Wartechers do no need s-rank tech mags. They need photon arts to have their correct hitboxes. If people wanted a temporary bandage, should ask for a slicer. Group attacks are its biggest weakness atm cause hitboxes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 hours ago, Kat said:

Wartecher is not really using Techs for dmg

that's the point, isn't it a shame? figure if they could throw out a few RA techs or something on the side with a mag then maybe it'll incentivise using them abit, may not be best option for speed running or whatnot but they have a large TP modifier on them that they currently don't touch.

As for slicers it'd be nice, but they currently have a very large arsenal of melee weapons already so~

• Thumbs Up 1

What single handed wep is good on a wt outside a whip for damaging? None. If go with that kinda play style you are hindering yourself and your party. S rank wand and crossbow keeps getting mentioned for gun techer. That combo is super trash. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Hindering the party? I'm pretty sure you can make up the 40%hp mod you add to the enemies via any weapon, by your logic WT may aswell just have twin claws an use nothing else an be done with it you can still put out decent numbers with a dagger or infinity storm just because it isn't the best possible damage weapon doesn't mean that play style should be ruled out there's more to this game then just grabbing the most op weapon of the month and spamming the most op PA.

wartecher techs can still do 2.2.k with grants (no elemental bonus, more with better gear and/or ele bonus) an provide knockdown CC which is nice, RA techs do similar or more mobs you can definitely use them an not hinder your party an for those whom enjoy that style of play I don't see why this would be something we'd not want?

Edited damage quote because i low ball guessed earlier when i wasn't online to test.

Edited by Rain Starfall
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, G@tman said:

What single handed wep is good on a wt outside a whip for damaging? None. If go with that kinda play style you are hindering yourself and your party. S rank wand and crossbow keeps getting mentioned for gun techer. That combo is super trash. 

Hindering the others just for using the tools which are supposed to use the WT? I’m sorry, but for me, a WT which uses just Twin Claws in parties is more hindering that that thing, plus those guys who’re completely convinced that WTs, in conjunction of GTs, shouldn’t use the offensive techs are people who are highly influenced by the TA metagame. 

The meaning of, for example, seeing certain skilled players using hybrids which are supposed to use a mix style of melee/ranged with techs, using in practice only melee or ranged with Megiverse lvl 3 for getting better results in TAs is not the meaning of a balanced game, plus it punishes a lot of to those players who want to play those styles just for the whim of certain people who dealt with those nice results in TAs. 

Oh, and don’t worry for the one handed weapons because if there is a very few reasons for using it, I don’t think Clementine will negate to buff those weapons for balancing between the one handed weapons & two handed weapons, plus I’d like to tell you that Clementine, in the case that the team makes a change, it’s for general purposes ingame, not because certain people tell the others that the game is purely balanced which is not. Just certain PAs are very powerful (Like Dus Skadd), making certain classes “better” because those PAs. But that thing is not balance, and this is a false concept of balancing. 

In other cases, I prefer to call the guy who has made this topic to join my party to a guy like you since for just using Twin Claws & buffs, I prefer to be myself a FF, dealing much more damage than it. Megiverse & Foverse don’t make a class like WT balanced. That’s all. 

Edited by Sakarisei

Since when did i ever say only use twin claws and buffs only? There is situations where it won't be the best. Like dragon. Did you know that knuckles are better than twin claws and dus skadd on those classes that can use them? And for the record using the single handed weapon for wartecher with techs is much worse than using twin sabers, spears, and twin claws in parties. To judge how I play wt without seeing me play is pure ignorance. For example I cast sa barta to help vs the delp salmi to help stop them of course I switch to my twin claws after casting. People love that shit. 

Fyi you arnt hitting much harder than a wt as ff. I have both of 20

• Thumbs Down 1

On 6/4/2019 at 6:26 PM, G@tman said:

Since when did i ever say only use twin claws and buffs only? There is situations where it won't be the best. Like dragon. Did you know that knuckles are better than twin claws and dus skadd on those classes that can use them? And for the record using the single handed weapon for wartecher with techs is much worse than using twin sabers, spears, and twin claws in parties. To judge how I play wt without seeing me play is pure ignorance. For example I cast sa barta to help vs the delp salmi to help stop them of course I switch to my twin claws after casting. People love that shit. 

Fyi you arnt hitting much harder than a wt as ff. I have both of 20

You… 

I can assure you that for every 20 WTs who don’t have intentions of unlocking the MF class, just one of them uses really the techs because the newman race while other two are using bows / cards for having some coverage for certain enemies who are mainly resistant to the striking enemies. 

In practice, there are basically no reasons to use the techs because the left slot is completely useless, and I can assure you that you can contribute much more to the party if you have a S-Rank T-Mag using your Sabarta (More PP and more TP, obviously) and then using your Whip / Dagger for not losing your time switching constantly the weapons. That thing offers much more coverage than just dealing damage near the same than a FF. 

If you think damage is the only reason while playing the game, I can assure as I, as a FI, can offer much more coverage than a WT since FI have huge variety of mixing your melee with the guns (Even that A-Rank Grenade Launcher is a very nice coverage for a hybrid like the FI) while WT is absolutely nothing more than a FF with buffs and end of story. FI is even more a hybrid than the WT. 

There is basically no need to have a huge experience ingame to see how other WTs are acting in parties since the lack of gameplay because the very limited of gear which they can deal. 

And finally, no one will stop from using that class for just Twin Claws and that very situational Sabarta at the cost of losing your time switching constantly even you have a S-Rank Wand with 20%. Just, the very few of people using the WT class means generally how effective is that class or not even certain JP TA Videos make them “better” just for using Twin Claws and buffs. 

Greetings. 

39 minutes ago, Sakarisei said:

You… 

I can assure you that for every 20 WTs who don’t have intentions of unlocking the MF class, just one of them uses really the techs because the newman race while other two are using bows / cards for having some coverage for certain enemies who are mainly resistant to the striking enemies. 

In practice, there are basically no reasons to use the techs because the left slot is completely useless, and I can assure you that you can contribute much more to the party if you have a S-Rank T-Mag using your Sabarta (More PP and more TP, obviously) and then using your Whip / Dagger for not losing your time switching constantly the weapons. That thing offers much more coverage than just dealing damage near the same than a FF. 

If you think damage is the only reason while playing the game, I can assure as I, as a FI, can offer much more coverage than a WT since FI have huge variety of mixing your melee with the guns (Even that A-Rank Grenade Launcher is a very nice coverage for a hybrid like the FI) while WT is absolutely nothing more than a FF with buffs and end of story. FI is even more a hybrid than the WT. 

There is basically no need to have a huge experience ingame to see how other WTs are acting in parties since the lack of gameplay because the very limited of gear which they can deal. 

And finally, no one will stop from using that class for just Twin Claws and that very situational Sabarta at the cost of losing your time switching constantly even you have a S-Rank Wand with 20%. Just, the very few of people using the WT class means generally how effective is that class or not even certain JP TA Videos make them “better” just for using Twin Claws and buffs. 

Greetings. 

The only time you should ever be a Newman wt main is if you want your female character to be cute. Other than that, its garbage. Not sure if you have seen the update recently but yea atp and tp were combining. The sad part is with all that extra power for attack spells, it was still horrible. I'm not sure what controls you are using but my setup I press two buttons and bam instant weapon I want. no single-handed weapon is going to make up the damage unless you got like a group of 5 or 6. Even then its debatable cause enemy level could be much lower like on the twin dil edge farm. weapon switch macros are so nice. the grenade launcher is going to be so bad when they fix duranga. I'll give fighgunner this, slicer with crossbow clean up is nice.  Sa Barta isn't situational at all.

Your way of thinking is very flawed. You observe other people being Luigi instead of acting like Mario and saving the princess.  When it comes to wartecher, you more like the toad character. you need saving too. I want wartecher to get s rank tech mags just to show you how bad it really is and how irrelevant they are for making the class have more varieties.