Sign in to follow this  
Redtear

When boards are here :D

so when we do finally get boards it would be awesome to see an event hit at the same time if its possible.. like absolute zero 😄

I don't see a point in adding in boards. They would have to spend a lot more time redoing the drop chart to include the materials. I feel there are more pressing needs imo such as getting bosses to work and getting hitboxes correct. They seem like they prefer a more pso2 type loot system which has good and bad things to it. 

On 6/1/2019 at 5:55 AM, G@tman said:

I don't see a point in adding in boards. They would have to spend a lot more time redoing the drop chart to include the materials. I feel there are more pressing needs imo such as getting bosses to work and getting hitboxes correct. They seem like they prefer a more pso2 type loot system which has good and bad things to it. 

Materials are already in. Also boards are a good thing to include for a number of reasons: One, from a game design standpoint, they are a smart idea. They give a player a sense of progression; finding the board, finding the materials, and waiting for the synth time to tick down -- It's one of those things that just kind of adds up. The success rate could be done away with though, or at least made 100% for not-store-bought stuff...

But, the more important, and practical part, of synth boards, is that it allows you to choose the element of weapon/armor you're creating. Allowing the player to control that helps remove some of the tedium of finding multiple (imagine if you just found 6 of the same element in a row), or lets you pick and choose based on what else is available to you ("I already have a 50% lightning axe so, I can make this spear something else!").

I honestly prefer boards over pure drops, but, I don't mind having both.