Kyu

Clementine Area Drops

Hello Clementine!

Me and Jakoo have been hard at work to complete Area Drops for Clementine. We're excited to present this to all of you today. This sheet includes all specific drop items (both old and new). That's right, we've ADDED items to Area Drops to make them way more rewarding than Official's Area Drops. This version does not include materials/ores/consumables, but they will be added along with the specific drops with the first implementation.

Here's a few note worthy things:

-The percentages for each drop are NOT the actual percentages for a drop when you kill an enemy. They are simply the base percentages for the area drop table. To get the actual rate of a drop, you need to factor in the chance of getting an area drop roll. You can do this by taking the percent you see on the sheet and multiplying it by ~0.37 (~0.51 for Rare Missions), which seems to be the average chances of rolling that specific item. This is different for every enemy.

-Almost no clear box items were added. We tried to keep it exclusive to content you couldn't get before. We've added items from event clear boxes since those might never make it into Clementine. There may be some still left in lower levels due to the lack of items we had at that level range.

-Items for S3 (Lv 175+) missions were added. These items are stronger than all previous drops at much lower chances of obtaining them.

-Insane items were added to S2 Rare Missions (Lv 150+) at incredibly low rates to give something for everyone to go for even at max level. Please take the time to understand how incredibly low the percentages on these items are before you freak out. These items WILL be incredibly scarce, and only obtained by a few people. As of now, S2 Rares cannot be played, but will be available in the future. Good luck.

-Grinders were temporarily added to Rare Missions since grinder bases currently cannot be used.

-Elemental items (mostly melee weapons) have slightly higher drop rates than Non-Elemental items (Ranged/Tech) since multiple of that weapon might be needed before a good attribute/percentage is acquired.

Here is the link to the specific drops table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pDpWbM31EkHhhbmzQH_oMay31jjeEYVr6peaEYwflOs/edit?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

First off, I want to say thank you for all the hard work trying to patch holes left by official servers that might not ever get filled. I am fully aware that some things will never work the way they did in retail simply due to being difficult (if not impossible) to recreate, so having to find alternatives, and accepting that things'll never be a "perfect recreation" are a given.

That being said, I'm wondering if some things could be expanded upon for the sake of transparency.  While I think it's important for conservative minded people to realize that some things will have to change simply for the game to function, progressively minded people also need to realize that change isn't always better. Discourse is important, and nothing should be designed in an echo chamber. Critique is important, as is getting the opinions of people who don't agree with you, as they can point things out you might not have otherwise thought of.

I am very curious to know what the process was for coming to these values. It was mentioned in the chat that "party size" and personalized drops factored into this, something that the solo players and small-group playerbase aren't fond of. While I personally fall into that group, I don't want to jump the gun before I know all the details on what might be a simple misunderstanding.

Another thing I'm curious about; is this taking into consideration synthing for when the time comes? Will drops be replaced with boards? The nice thing about boards is it gets rid of the randomness of elemental drops, which could affect the drop rates for elemental versus neutral. Will things change when synthing is finished? Will it stay the same? Too far down the road? Or is it just a test run?

Are area drops static or easily manipulated by modifiers? If there were an event that boosted drops for example, would this also affect area drops or just mob drops? Can you affect one but not the other?

And what exactly is an "insane drop"? Just a 14-15* drop? An area only drop? A clear box drop that can't be implemented properly? Or a pre-existing item that's been modified?

11 minutes ago, Miyoko said:

First off, I want to say thank you for all the hard work trying to patch holes left by official servers that might not ever get filled. I am fully aware that some things will never work the way they did in retail simply due to being difficult (if not impossible) to recreate, so having to find alternatives, and accepting that things'll never be a "perfect recreation" are a given.

That being said, I'm wondering if some things could be expanded upon for the sake of transparency.  While I think it's important for conservative minded people to realize that some things will have to change simply for the game to function, progressively minded people also need to realize that change isn't always better. Discourse is important, and nothing should be designed in an echo chamber. Critique is important, as is getting the opinions of people who don't agree with you, as they can point things out you might not have otherwise thought of.

I am very curious to know what the process was for coming to these values. It was mentioned in the chat that "party size" and personalized drops factored into this, something that the solo players and small-group playerbase aren't fond of. While I personally fall into that group, I don't want to jump the gun before I know all the details on what might be a simple misunderstanding.

Another thing I'm curious about; is this taking into consideration synthing for when the time comes? Will drops be replaced with boards? The nice thing about boards is it gets rid of the randomness of elemental drops, which could affect the drop rates for elemental versus neutral. Will things change when synthing is finished? Will it stay the same? Too far down the road? Or is it just a test run?

Are area drops static or easily manipulated by modifiers? If there were an event that boosted drops for example, would this also affect area drops or just mob drops? Can you affect one but not the other?

And what exactly is an "insane drop"? Just a 14-15* drop? An area only drop? A clear box drop that can't be implemented properly? Or a pre-existing item that's been modified?

The process for percentages was pretty much to try and be lower then enemy drops. The real rate of these items is about a third, because you have to actually roll an area drop. we were mostly going off the "real" ones. non-elemental items were made to be harder to get compared to elements due to the fact that you have to farm elements. we made sure to make drops starting from 125 lower because those items tend to be a bit stronger then most of the current enemy drops.

When synthing comes, grinders will be removed from rare missions and weapons that were meant to be boards from retail will become boards again.

Area drops are manipulated by modifiers, if an event boosts drop rates, it should boost the rate of these items and the normal enemy drops.

Insane drops are meant to be the best weapons of that type from phantasy star online. They are not modified.

This table is subject to change down the line, either it be rates or actual items. For now this should be what items drop whenever it releases.

I hope this answers most of your questions. have a nice day 🙂 .

11 minutes ago, Jakoo56 said:

The process for percentages was pretty much to try and be lower then enemy drops. The real rate of these items is about a third, because you have to actually roll an area drop. we were mostly going off the "real" ones. non-elemental items were made to be harder to get compared to elements due to the fact that you have to farm elements. we made sure to make drops starting from 125 lower because those items tend to be a bit stronger then most of the current enemy drops.

When synthing comes, grinders will be removed from rare missions and weapons that were meant to be boards from retail will become boards again.

Area drops are manipulated by modifiers, if an event boosts drop rates, it should boost the rate of these items and the normal enemy drops.

Insane drops are meant to be the best weapons of that type from phantasy star online. They are not modified.

This table is subject to change down the line, either it be rates or actual items. For now this should be what items drop whenever it releases.

I hope this answers most of your questions. have a nice day 🙂 .

Indeed it does for the most part! I was very much curious about the boards part of it, as a lot of people I've talked to seem to never think about the fact board = the ability to choose your element.  It absolutely makes sense to me that elemental drops should be more plentiful because you need more of them; boards would alleviate that, but not entirely of course!

Good news and information for everyone to have, I think. Thank you!

this looks great i played on 360 back when but it seems that this version is a bit light on loot but this should help a lot.

i just looked it over and the chainsawd is on the list (one of my favorite wt swords) but no missions will drop it o well at still good there is new stuf

Edited by duithy
add

Is this drop chart just a plan that still needs to be figured out to be implemented?  Or is it already known how to do and just has to be put in?  If its out by the time ffxiv expansion hits, I think im gonna be skipping out on early access lol.

What is area drop? Drop from the boxes? Mobs? Quest rewards? Why is beach boom quest in linear line row? Why it's not in guides section? Can we discuss something?

Edited by SHOTGUN

51 minutes ago, SHOTGUN said:

What is area drop? Drop from the boxes? Mobs? Quest rewards? Why is beach boom quest in linear line row? Why it's not in guides section? Can we discuss something?

Area drops are drops attached to any enemy killed (not box) in the associated field e.g. Unsafe Passage and Fight for Food are both considered "linear line" so anything along that row will drop in the respective level range for either quest. 

10 minutes ago, milranduil said:

Area drops are drops attached to any enemy killed (not box) in the associated field e.g. Unsafe Passage and Fight for Food are both considered "linear line" so anything along that row will drop in the respective level range for either quest. 

Ok, thank you for making this clear.

3 hours ago, Smutking said:

Is this drop chart just a plan that still needs to be figured out to be implemented?  Or is it already known how to do and just has to be put in?  If its out by the time ffxiv expansion hits, I think im gonna be skipping out on early access lol.

This is the finalized sheet for specific drops. This sheet will be the first implementation (along with the rest of Area Drops like materials/ores/consumables).

6 hours ago, duithy said:

this looks great i played on 360 back when but it seems that this version is a bit light on loot but this should help a lot.

i just looked it over and the chainsawd is on the list (one of my favorite wt swords) but no missions will drop it o well at still good there is new stuf

The sheet looks light on loot because this is showing only the special drop items that enemies will drop. There's more items than what Official had overall, and materials/ores/consumables will be in the first update along with these items you see here.

Is there a scheduled date for the update to implement this drop system? Is the server down for very long when a new patch is added?

40 minutes ago, Tes said:

Is there a scheduled date for the update to implement this drop system? Is the server down for very long when a new patch is added?

There's no scheduled date, however things are looking very good for it to be implemented with the next major update.

i hope this is the right place for this, my first post 🙂  i used to play on the 360 and of course got spoiled to the synth boards. one of the first things i noticed was that all the synth shops just sold mon and dimates. 😞  there seems to be some talk about synthing being something future? how far in the future? is there any point in holding onto all the material items i pick up or would i be better off selling them all?   and thanks by the way for the drop list!!! y'all rock!

17 hours ago, JasonAKAToyota said:

i hope this is the right place for this, my first post 🙂  i used to play on the 360 and of course got spoiled to the synth boards. one of the first things i noticed was that all the synth shops just sold mon and dimates. 😞  there seems to be some talk about synthing being something future? how far in the future? is there any point in holding onto all the material items i pick up or would i be better off selling them all?   and thanks by the way for the drop list!!! y'all rock!

Synthesis will hopefully be available in the future. There is no estimated time as to when it will be completed. The only use for materials right now is selling them for meseta.

So I am not sure if this was intended or not, but according to PSUPedia the Nightmare Dust twin claws are 9* A Rank, but they are showing up as a 10* twin claws. Here is an image of them in my inventory for evidence. It even says in the area drop tables list that they are 9* A Rank, but currently they are 9* S rank lol

https://gyazo.com/65da5e6ad9e82463ed249b54617cfb27

https://gyazo.com/3e813e88962bcc0501165393ea48f854

3 hours ago, DTSWaRDawG said:

So I am not sure if this was intended or not, but according to PSUPedia the Nightmare Dust twin claws are 9* A Rank, but they are showing up as a 10* twin claws. Here is an image of them in my inventory for evidence. It even says in the area drop tables list that they are 9* A Rank, but currently they are 9* S rank lol

https://gyazo.com/65da5e6ad9e82463ed249b54617cfb27

https://gyazo.com/3e813e88962bcc0501165393ea48f854

Those should be fixed for whenever next patch happens.