Dia

Poll on Scape Doll amount

Poll on Scrape Doll Amount  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How many do you think we should be able to carry?

• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-8

I love playing with 1. Like others have said, it forces you to stay concentrated. I also love giving that extra bit of help to party members if they die or are close to being killed. I thought I would hate it at first, but it's added an extra element of fun to the game for me.

I can understand it being an issue with solo players though. It would be good if we could have it that you can only use a certain amount depending on how many players are in your party.

I like playing solo, to be honest. Some of the people in this community are toxic, or immature and I'd rather play alone than play with them. We're not really heavily moderated for offensive language, or offensive characters, so it's annoying. That being said, the  good people I have met, I will play with, but an option to play solo should definitely be valid. 3 scapes would be fine for solo play.

7 minutes ago, AsotaRockin said:

Some of the people in this community are toxic, or immature

Welcome to the internet. 

Most toxic people I met was complaining about toxic community, so letting them be satisfied with their escapism will save toxic community from toxic people. 😹

20 minutes ago, AsotaRockin said:

Thanks guy, super helpful.

it's just silly to always blame "toxic people" as an excuse for not wanting to group up with people. if you play literally any online video game ever, you will always encounter toxic people. just grow up and black list them if it bothers you that much. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

it's just silly to always blame "toxic people" as an excuse for not wanting to group up with people. if you play literally any online video game ever, you will always encounter toxic people. just grow up and black list them if it bothers you that much. 

To focus on one part of a post; I don't get it. I said I party up with the decent people I've met. Just that sometimes I like to play solo, and it should be a viable option.

I went for 2-3 as it's a bit nicer for early players who can't buy them easily. It makes me sad when one drops but I can't pick it up because I... Have a single one in my inventory 😞

2-3 sounds good.   I don't think many people under LV90 will buy max all the time at 3

Voted 2-3.

Phantasy Star Portable 1, which was primarily a solo game, had 3 scape dolls and it was perfect. Not too many for the entire party, just enough for solo, etc. For PSU, one scape doll is far too limiting for solo play and I'd even argue the same for multi play due to how damage is calculated rn, a lack of resists (vijeri included), etc. So unless your party is up to snuff, you find yourself in some tight spots quite often. Looking at the other end of the spectrum, 10 is far too much because it most certainly eliminates any real urgency that death brings outside of losing your blast gauge.

I'd say 4-5 just to be safe.  You can't always get people to run stuff you want to run so there really is no option but to run solo.  Cant say how many time i have taken a megid to the back of the head in the hive lol

On 5/27/2019 at 11:15 AM, Matt said:

Imagine playing an MMO only to play solo. :WeirdChamp:

you don't get to decide how anyone plays anything. the point is some people enjoy solo'ing, and are being unnecessarily punished for it by the limit.

2 hours ago, milranduil said:

you don't get to decide how anyone plays anything. the point is some people enjoy solo'ing, and are being unnecessarily punished for it by the limit.

Agreed. 

5 hours ago, milranduil said:

some people enjoy solo'ing, and are being unnecessarily punished for it by the limit.

Just don't die :4Head:

13 hours ago, milranduil said:

Well, I’d like to telling you that if the 90% of the population were soloing the game is because the ninja looters & how TAs were popular since people started to hate to play with the others considering them a burden that annoys the others.

The only thing which I agree with increasing the price of the dolls like 10k or 20k since 5k is too easy to get, and deaths should have consequences. Even soloing in an online game should have consequences. And of course, I’ve enjoyed soloing with just one doll. If you lose the doll, you can come back and buying another doll… and even it, it happens nothing, seriously.

3 minutes ago, Sakarisei said:

Well, I’d like to telling you that if the 90% of the population were soloing the game is because the ninja looters & how TAs were popular since people started to hate to play with the others considering them a burden that annoys the others.

The only thing which I agree with increasing the price of the dolls like 10k or 20k since 5k is too easy to get, and deaths should have consequences. Even soloing in an online game should have consequences. And of course, I’ve enjoyed soloing with just one doll. If you lose the doll, you can come back and buying another doll… and even it, it happens nothing, seriously.

the point is people enjoy solo'ing

i didn't say anything about ninja looters or hating playing with others or any of that. i love playing with others. i also love playing solo. just depends what i feel like doing and who's around. it's really not that complicated or involved, idk what's so hard to understand about people enjoying playing the game in a way that does not affect others.

・ First my conclusion
The number of dolls does not affect the difficulty. Therefore, there is no need to limit.
I think that it is good with the same number as vanilla.

・ A person who holds a doll tends not to die. These are tentatively called type A.
They carry dolls as insurance only.
They try to avoid death.
There is no big deal even in the rain of "Megido".

・ People who do not have dolls fall easily. These are tentatively called Type B.
The noteworthy player I once saw in "百鬼" has died seven times.
My fellow got angry at him. But he died six times in the next Misson.
He is not afraid of death. He just say this. "Moon Atomizer, plz"
That is correct on one side. But things have limitations.
This is an extreme example. But I think that there is a trend.

・ The existence of DeathPenalty
The difficult Misson of the vanilla PSU.
For example, a mission like "Blues dungeon" will fail if it dies.
Players must move carefully to avoid death.
This is very difficult.

・ There is a moon atomizer
On the other hand, death is not a penalty for FreeMisson.
It can be easily resurrected using the Moon.
Even if you have a lot of dolls, Type A will move around so as not to die.
The B type is not carried over in the first place, so the upper limit may be anything.
In other words, the difficulty level does not change regardless of the doll's upper limit.

・ About solo play
Imagine a time when there are few people.
I do not want to solo. There is no one where you want to go. Reluctantly solo.
I understand that I want to carry a lot of dolls as insurance.

・By the way, PSO2…….
First of all, it is wrong to be able to have only one "scape doll" in PSO2.
PSO 2 can earn "Scape Dolls" even after you die.
Because you can not get it without paying cash.
When you die, SEGA says:
"You are dead, but you can pay 150 yen to get back."
("Halfdoll" can only be used once during a mission.)

-Personal thoughts
Dolls are a very Japanese item.
"I do not want to disturb you." Many Japanese think so.
They do not want to lower the overall rating of the party by dying back to the lobby.
They apologize for the time they take to die and use the moon spray.
So I like dolls to get around it. I feel relieved.
 ... Is this statement a disgusting speech abroad? I am sorry if it is so.

----------
As usual, google translated for me.

Oops, I forgot to write this.
I want to make the number of portable Doll other than 1.
Because ...
If I find a Doll on Misson, I can not pick it up.
I think it Mottainai.

Sometimes boss drops 2 Dolls, so I'm troubled. lol

Pretty obvious at this point nearly no one likes 1. The votes are pretty even across the 2-5 area. So compromise and make it 3 or 4. Seems fine.

10 also has quite a few so. Probably just do 5 and be done with it.

Edited by KanameChidori

1 or 2 dolls are fine as having more would make healing spells, items etc more useless plus promote lazy game play. 

On 6/4/2019 at 11:13 PM, KanameChidori said:

Pretty obvious at this point nearly no one likes 1. The votes are pretty even across the 2-5 area. So compromise and make it 3 or 4. Seems fine.

10 also has quite a few so. Probably just do 5 and be done with it.

I think 5 is too many, I also think 1 is too few (even though I personally have no problems with it) I think 3 is the pefect amount. Being able to die 5 times just makes things way too easy.

Hello All, 

If it ant broke don't fix. If you want to play with one just buy one, and besides you can have 10 moons plus some X's.  Why punish the solo player (megid)  is real in field. Some times you get one hit killed more then once........  

Lol exactly. If you want to play with 1 (because you're so hardcore oh boy!) Then just buy 1. No reason to limit everyone to only 1 (when based on this sample of 100+ votes) people want more than 1.