Dia

Poll on Scape Doll amount

Poll on Scrape Doll Amount  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How many do you think we should be able to carry?

• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-8

Was merely curious to see how many scrape dolls ya folks think that we should be able to carry at once.

I honestly don't know what to think in this regard.

Just keep it clean and civil... okay? 💙

One is enough. Solo, it forces you to pay attention but with at least one chance, same in group then the players must make the effort to reanimate.

It will most likely change, in fact I'm 95% certain. At least for solo play, as it should. 1 for solo is stupid. Don't get used to it. So solo is 1 while group can have in affect dozens. 

Edited by KanameChidori

1 half-doll in pso2 makes sense because you can step/counter/parry/etc. to avoid damage or counter-damage. psu doesn't have those kinds of mechanics, you either tank hits to do damage, or run aside and do no damage. allowing for like 3-5 for at least solo play is reasonable imo.

I think that the default of 10 is good.
It is not designed to be able to take evasive action or defensive action, and it is the same as the official server.

1 half doll in pso2 makes sense because you can ressurect using cash. For now, you can carry any amount of scape dolls in pso 2, but you should return the campship to restore the ability to use it. For psu, idk, it must be at least 5.

I hate these polls. Marm hasn't listened to basically any of them. Let's go back and look at the exp poll, the pa poll. They don't matter. 

That being said, 3 seems like a good compromise

1 feels bad so anything besides that i would be fine with 100% not 10 tho 

8 minutes ago, Seed Express said:

Let's go back and look at the exp poll, the pa poll. They don't matter. 

Actually, the PA rates were increased slightly after that poll was made. Not sure if it had anything to do with the poll though, but he definitely looks at em.  

Personally, I like the current system. Not only does it incentivize you to play more carefully, it also helps out party play. So with the old system, you could carry 10 scapes but if you died without a scape, your whole party would lose the S rank. So new players or people who just couldn't afford to buy scapdolls early on would be kicked from parties because the party leader was salty about losing the S rank. 10 scapedolls is 50k, a lot of people are already complaining about not even having enough money early on to buy the clothing they want, if that's the case, why would new players spend 50k on scapedolls? The current system is nice because as long as someone in your party has a moon, they can revive you and keep the S rank. 

People need to stop worrying about playing dress up then. If you can't keep 50k for Scapes then you clearly aren't playing the game. The current limit punishes solo play way too much. It's 1 for solo vs dozens in party play, yeah that's really fair. Not even close.  The whole argument of playing carefully, this is PSU it's not PSO2. You can only do so much. You will take hits you can't dodge, you will die from random situations. Why should you be punished for that?. It needs to be 3-5 for solo. Can keep it 1 for group play. Not to mention group play will have Gi Resta.

Edited by KanameChidori

I voted 2-3, mainly because there's a skill in Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity that allows you to carry about 2-3 Scape Dolls on all classes. So far, in Infinity, I only can hold up to two with said skill.... or whatever it's supposed to be called. I can't read Japanese.

Edited by KDC705
I put "say" instead of "voted"

No scape dolls and delete solo play.

Joking aside, 1 has done well for me in solo play as both hunter-types and ranger-types. I have no qualms with increasing it but I personally don't see a reason to. 

2 hours ago, Seed Express said:

I hate these polls. Marm hasn't listened to basically any of them.

And I hate this endless stream of baseless assumptions. I literally was the first person to vote on this poll, and I voted for 2-3, but alright.

Just because I don't always reply or vote, or because I don't reply and acknowledge your words immediately, doesn't mean I'm not listening.

2 hours ago, Killroy said:

2-3 is fine for me

As long as we still keep the feature of dying not counting towards your S rank depletion. 

3 hours ago, lionelpritchert said:

id say 2-3 scape dolls is only ok if theyre much more expensive. like 25k or more. there need to be real consequence to dying, something official definitely lacked

i would agree with this if dfp/mst were working correctly, and megid didn't exist. putting megid death avoidance behind a 50mil meseta paywall is already large enough.

I'm sorry, but I think one doll is enough since this game is supposed to be played in parties, not alone. It's ok if you want to solo for training PAs or knowing an enemy which you don't have seen, but soloing shouldn't be the priority of PSU.

3 dolls is fine, you don't need any dolls in parties because everyone has 20 moon atomizers and that is the same thing as 120 scapedolls (20*6.) On top of that if you have any techer, you also have like 200 giresta casts making for a total of over 300 scape dolls for the party. 

Making 1 Scapedoll the limit only punishes solo play. The majority of the playerbase wants to punish solo play because they don't want to actually learn how to be good at the game. The truth hurts, but it hath been said again today.

Edited by Seed Express

2 hours ago, Seed Express said:

The majority of the playerbase wants to punish solo play because they don't want to actually learn how to be good at the game.

Imagine playing an MMO only to play solo. :WeirdChamp:

13 hours ago, milranduil said:

i would agree with this if dfp/mst were working correctly, and megid didn't exist. putting megid death avoidance behind a 50mil meseta paywall is already large enough.

yes i meant that ideally when everything is working lol