We're currently having a problem with our launcher. Please launch the game via the PSUC client in the game folder. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Sign in to follow this  
CrimsonOdyssey

Twin Pistol Buff Suggestions

Posted (edited)

I've seen the topic brought up for gunmaster more exclusively but I have been trying to think of a way to make Twin Handguns more viable without making them overshadow other ranged weapons. A raw damage buff would be nice but I don't think it's a very elegant solution and would introduce a lot of power creep against rifles and bows if overtuning happened.

As of right now Twin Handguns with Bullets at level 31+ do decent damage but leave a bit to be desired. 

The two suggestions that I have are (if the coding is feasible):

1. (this is the option I think would be most fun but probably the harder of the two to code) Every 11 Level increment (11, 21, 31, 41) for Bullets increase the rate of fire on Twin Handguns. This means you would still have to put a decent amount of effort leveling your bullets but wouldn't just be a blanket buff. This would also help the weapon feel a bit more unique compared to the rifle or bow. And really, who doesn't want to shoot Twin Handguns really fast?

2. The other, simpler option (I think it would be enough to at least make them semi-viable) would be making them the only ranged weapon in the game with a Just-Attack with correct timing. Fairly simple but it would make the weapon feel more unique while making the learning curve not just mash X like other ranged weapons.

Obviously this is a suggestion thread so I'd like to hear what others think of the two options.

Edited by CrimsonOdyssey
  • Thumbs Up 1

Still need to check with new grinding system and updated stats (?), anyway, every ranged weapon, except laser cannons, was hard to play and low damage before rewrite. Thanks god I have turbo key on my gamepad. So maybe I will give you a plus after completing my tests. 

Twin handguns SHOULD be the least damaging weapon of the gunmaster's arsenal, due to how highly mobile and safe they are. Early twin handgun PAs definitely feel pretty weak though, but I remember 40+ twin handgun bullets dealing reasonable damage considering their mobility and general ease of use. 

I believe they should receive a buff. I played gun master and never used them cause rifles just so much better. I do find it kinda hard to determine how to buff them tho. maybe they could pull something like off monster hunter world and they do more dmg at a certain range buff if too far they go down in dmg.  Light bowguns did that in monster hunter world compared to the heavy ones.  just some thoughts

The range thing is is already in place, actually, but it only goes up the further away you are. I also don't recall LBG and HBG being different in regards to their damage drop off, but rather it being bullet specific? Maybe I'm mistaken.

That being said, it strongly depends on your bullet level. On official, Lv41+ twin handgun bullets did substantially more damage than Lv41+ rifle bullets, but I haven't gotten than far on Clementine yet. I only just recently got a couple Lv31+ twin handgun bullets and it DOES make a huge difference at that point.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, Miyoko said:

The range thing is is already in place, actually, but it only goes up the further away you are. I also don't recall LBG and HBG being different in regards to their damage drop off, but rather it being bullet specific? Maybe I'm mistaken.

That being said, it strongly depends on your bullet level. On official, Lv41+ twin handgun bullets did substantially more damage than Lv41+ rifle bullets, but I haven't gotten than far on Clementine yet. I only just recently got a couple Lv31+ twin handgun bullets and it DOES make a huge difference at that point.

I think the main problem with the bullet level argument is this:

which weapon would you rather have level 41 bullets with, rifles or twin handgun? Even if twin handguns are marginally safer they don’t have much of a place especially since rifles have superior range.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:26 PM, CrimsonOdyssey said:

I think the main problem with the bullet level argument is this:

which weapon would you rather have level 41 bullets with, rifles or twin handgun? Even if twin handguns are marginally safer they don’t have much of a place especially since rifles have superior range.

Ehh, I don't really agree with that. Rifles and Twin Handguns serve two different functions -- Rifles are for status effect and crowd control, while Twin Handguns, while on the low side, are used for damage and safety. It's a lot easier to back away pelting things with twin handguns than it is trying to manage you distance and shooting with a rifle, especially soloing or in a small group.

That being said, I'll admit I'm basing this purely off of my experience playing back on official. With all the changes on Clementine, this could be an entirely different story now. I'm not high enough level to know for sure.