Lord Theodore XIII

NPCs have no business selling things at the price they are

NPC shops, namely weapon and armor shops, are too expensive. I'm aware of this being a bug, but I feel as if it's been ignored for weeks. Oh, just grind and you'll get there eventually you say? What if I don't have the time, or don't feel like grinding for hours on end looking for weapons to sell? How are people supposed to test the weapons if they can't afford them? With the money I make running B-rank missions, if I buy a weapon and a PA, I'm already broke. I'm not a developer, so I don't know how painful coding it would be, but this is a crucial fix.

I do agree, at the very least the NPC vendor items (outside of dallgun plaza, that's a whole other thing this isn't about) should be halved so that they're worth 10x their sell prince instead of 20x their sell price.

That said, do look for some items in player shops, they're much cheaper when it comes to A-rank and S-Rank items, since players are mostly trying to do better than the shop sale price.

Plus there are certain things that are not really on the Player Shop for one reason or the other, and things like dropping 66000 for an 8 star weapon is kinda... oof.

I do not think we should have to rely on Player Shops. People like me can only provide so many cheap Cs, Bs, and As before we no longer have common access to them. And it is not a player's job to do that for players lacking money.

The weapon prices are definitely inflated by about 4x what they were on retail but when I checked the recorded prices on the JP PSU wiki it seems like line shields were actually sold for such high amounts in the NPC shops. I believe Marm has said that the NPC shop prices are higher than intended so this should hopefully get fixed soon.

And for anyone curious here's the page on line shields that I'm referencing with the prices: Line Shields

I definitely don't have an opinion regarding line shields, since the weapon prices are the thing that really stick out like a sore thumb.  If armor is more accurate i'm fine with that.

Line shields and units are fine (from NPC shops, not taking Dallgun into consideration), but weapons are steep (like, 660000 for an 8⭐ weapon).

Prices are like this to incentivize people buy from player shops rather than NPC shops. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Prices are like this to incentivize people buy from player shops rather than NPC shops. 

Marm said it was a bug on #psu_general.

Edit: But I guess you do not have access to that server, Matt, and are probably going to down-vote everything I say without providing any actual feedback or response.

Oh, and here is the copypasta from the Discord:

Marmy05/07/2019

Para already noted that the prices were jacked up. It's not intentional, but fixing it isn't very easy either.
Edited by KAMIGENO
Adding Marm's message about weapon prices.

I like the prices, hope it will stay. I found room shoping fun, some kind people trading novice items extra cheap, and checking other player rooms. So traders can sale basic drop with some profit. Now you making prices. Of course there must be stable online to keep the player shoping system work. 

12 hours ago, SHOTGUN said:

I like the prices, hope it will stay. I found room shoping fun, some kind people trading novice items extra cheap, and checking other player rooms. So traders can sale basic drop with some profit. Now you making prices. Of course there must be stable online to keep the player shoping system work. 

You can already do all of that while NPC shops not charging ludicrous amounts of meseta.

if searching for items was better the look in player shops would stand up better as it stands its hit or miss

Overpriced eh? I'm using player shops mainly. I'll keep saving my meseta until an update cheapens NPC stuff.

This is definitely something I’ll have a look at when I find the time.

What would you feel is a fair price for an 8 Star weapon? Any input would be appreciated and will help determine the price changes.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:59 AM, Parallaxed said:

This is definitely something I’ll have a look at when I find the time.

What would you feel is a fair price for an 8 Star weapon? Any input would be appreciated and will help determine the price changes.

Just to note, we didn't chose these weapon prices, it was an error when playing with some files. I've gone ahead and made changes so that they're the same as how Official had them in the shops.

1★ 350
2★ 800
3★ 2000
4★ 8600
5★ 18500
6★ 35000
7★ 90000
8★ 165000

Sorry that they were so awful beforehand, that was my fault. Hopefully we'll see this pushed with the next update.