Midori Hoshi

Midori Hoshi's Xbox One / 360 Controller Advanced Controls Guide

hi all, im at the part where I where I have to create a desktop shortcut for the joytokey.exe, but I cant seem to figure out how to do that as I can find a "joytokey.exe" to right click, please any help would be greatly appreciated!! also sorry if this is kinda dumb to need help with.

5 minutes ago, tunzoffun said:

hi all, im at the part where I where I have to create a desktop shortcut for the joytokey.exe, but I cant seem to figure out how to do that as I can find a "joytokey.exe" to right click, please any help would be greatly appreciated!! also sorry if this is kinda dumb to need help with.

Download the zip file, extract it, go into the JoyToKey_en folder, and you will find JoyToKey.exe.

1 minute ago, Lorick said:

Does this still works??? I remember using this before wipe and was great

Sort of, but I need to update it since some things have changed with the new launcher. I still plan on doing it at some point.

Hi, I've finished going through all the steps exactly and everything works except my right joystick does no control the camera, the left and right triggers do, is there something I missed? Or a way to fix this?

Updated the first post.

- The gamepad section in the ini file was updated to match the new version.

- Edited the AutoHotKey script so it works with the current version of the game, which means I changed the window name in the script to match the new one, and removed the /who and /reload commands.

- Edited the JoyToKey profiles to remove the /who and /reload commands.

I don't know if this was always the case or not, but it seems like AutoHotKey absolutely does not work if you run the game from the launcher. You have to run the game directly from the psuc.exe file in order for AutoHotKey to work.

22 hours ago, Midori Hoshi said:

Updated the first post.

- The gamepad section in the ini file was updated to match the new version.

- Edited the AutoHotKey script so it works with the current version of the game, which means I changed the window name in the script to match the new one, and removed the /who and /reload commands.

- Edited the JoyToKey profiles to remove the /who and /reload commands.

I don't know if this was always the case or not, but it seems like AutoHotKey absolutely does not work if you run the game from the launcher. You have to run the game directly from the psuc.exe file in order for AutoHotKey to work.

Edit: I messed up the .ini configuration the 1st time, but now works ok. Thanks a lot for this update!!!!

Some stuff i noticed:

- Im  starting the game from the launcher but the AutoHotKey Scripts still works
- Left Stick Click while holding RB (2): /os {gre}BRB => doing this shows an N/A chat msg.

Edited by Lorick

I was gonna suggest to do the ini again because it sounded like your buttons didn't match up. I noticed your edit just now, so I'm glad you got it working.

That's interesting AHK works for you through the launcher. It used to work for me, but the new launcher changed it. Not sure what is going on.

On 11/15/2020 at 11:55 AM, tunzoffun said:

Hi, I've finished going through all the steps exactly and everything works except my right joystick does no control the camera, the left and right triggers do, is there something I missed? Or a way to fix this?

Make sure you edit the right ini file. There are three of em total, I think, but only one of them actually works.

Updated the first post to remove the profiles that were strictly designed for AFK turbo PA leveling, since that is against the rules as of today.

I only removed the ones that involved moving your character forward or backward, since those are really only for AFK. The other autofire stuff is still there, since it can be useful during active play to save yourself from having to hold a button down constantly. I've been using em myself lately to level longbow bullets.

Not sure whats happening on my end, but the only thing that works after following the steps are the left and right analogs.
Theres only 1 profile in joytokey and i didnt assign any keys to the buttons in there cause that's what the script is for right?

I was just attempting to find some solution to being able to use my off hand weapon, I'm unable to use tcsm with the basic controller set up and was hoping this would resolve but it is not working for me.

3 hours ago, Osui said:

Not sure whats happening on my end, but the only thing that works after following the steps are the left and right analogs.
Theres only 1 profile in joytokey and i didnt assign any keys to the buttons in there cause that's what the script is for right?

I was just attempting to find some solution to being able to use my off hand weapon, I'm unable to use tcsm with the basic controller set up and was hoping this would resolve but it is not working for me.

You're doing something wrong. Maybe you didn't follow the steps exactly. Or you aren't running JoyToKey as admin, or your controller isn't showing up as joystick #1 in Windows.

On 1/18/2021 at 6:07 PM, Midori Hoshi said:

You're doing something wrong. Maybe you didn't follow the steps exactly. Or you aren't running JoyToKey as admin, or your controller isn't showing up as joystick #1 in Windows.

Alright so i ran it all again and the controller buttons work however my offhand weapon/second tech list on rod is only accessible by holding the up arrow key on my keyboard, is there a way to map this to my left trigger?

2 minutes ago, Osui said:

Alright so i ran it all again and the controller buttons work however my offhand weapon/second tech list on rod is only accessible by holding the up arrow key on my keyboard, is there a way to map this to my left trigger?

Right bumper doesn't work for that? You can try changing it to left trigger, but with how complicated the controls are, it might cause some issues. Up to you.

6 minutes ago, Midori Hoshi said:

Right bumper doesn't work for that? You can try changing it to left trigger, but with how complicated the controls are, it might cause some issues. Up to you.

Thanks for your, help its working now

Hi, I finished all the steps and it works great, but I think I'm overlapping some controls because if I use the X button, it'll use my Left TECH and open the menu at the same time. And if I open the menu with the menu button it'll also move my character to the left one step. Do I need to change the controller settings on the launcher settings?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Judo said:

Hi, I finished all the steps and it works great, but I think I'm overlapping some controls because if I use the X button, it'll use my Left TECH and open the menu at the same time. And if I open the menu with the menu button it'll also move my character to the left one step. Do I need to change the controller settings on the launcher settings?

It's the Xbox controller Guide button to open the menu in PSU, not the Xbox controller Menu button. The Menu button making your char take a step to the left sounds correct, since if you hold that button, it does turbo left and right to reduce the time when frozen. It's an ice break button.

The only thing that sounds like a problem is your X button opening the menu. It should only do an attack. Make sure you edited the right ini file and did it correctly.

16 minutes ago, Midori Hoshi said:

It's the Xbox controller Guide button to open the menu in PSU, not the Xbox controller Menu button. The Menu button making your char take a step to the left sounds correct, since if you hold that button, it does turbo left and right to reduce the time when frozen. It's an ice break button.

The only thing that sounds like a problem is your X button opening the menu. It should only do an attack. Make sure you edited the right ini file and did it correctly.

Oh perfect. I just had the menu button mixed up then. I got the X button and all the others to not overlap anymore. I just put everything to default and did the steps over again and it works now. Thanks!

Just now, Mr. Judo said:

Oh perfect. I just had the menu button mixed up then. I got the X button and all the others to not overlap anymore. I just put everything to default and did the steps over again and it works now. Thanks!

Glad you figured it out.