Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How Is Photon Art Experience Gained?

K.Cloud94

Question

Hello All!

To be honest I feel like I already know the answer to this question, but it couldn't hurt to have complete clarity. How does obtaining experience for photon arts work, moreover for multihit and wide hitting PA's? Does every hit count towards experience or is it just the first hit? When attacking more than one mob with 1 use of a PA, do the hits to the other mobs count for the exp or is it just for the first mob? Any answers are greatly appreciated!

5 answers to this question

I'm not 100% certain regarding exact PA exp amounts, but I can tell you that multi-hits absolutely speed up PA leveling for all types of PAs.  In fact typically if your PA can multi-hit the leveling rate of the PA is balanced around getting lots of multi-hits.  If you are leveling PAs always try to get multi-hits since you're getting more PA EXP per use.  This is important for Tech PAs, especially linear piercing techs like barta, zonde, and megid.

What Frost says is correct. Every hit you land with a PA is a "tick" of experience towards leveling it. Wiether that's multiple mobs or multiple targets on a single mob. Just casting/using it (without hitting) does nothing, nor does hitting 0's, hitting boxes or "ghost" enemies. Some level up faster than others, so most that can hit more than one target at a time do level faster.

With support spells (where you're not targeting enemies but rather allies,) every player you "tag" with your buff counts as a "tick" and that includes yourself. With debuffs and the Sa- techs it is the same, but just enemies. You won't see damage come up, but you'll notice the circles around the mob/ status effect happen that shows you have "tagged' them and will get PA experience for those tags.

I hope this clears up the confusion for you K.Cloud, this is a great question that we've all had to ask at one point.

Wow...yeah you both definitely cleared a lot of it up, thanks you two! Just one more question since the topic of buff techs got brought up, do you have to wait for the buff to end to get experience or are you able to get experience just by refreshing the counter? Once again, all answers are very much appreciated!

Edited by K.Cloud94
felt that "buff techs" was a better term than "buff PA's"

2 hours ago, K.Cloud94 said:

since the topic of buff techs got brought up, do you have to wait for the buff to end to get experience or are you able to get experience just by refreshing the counter? Once again, all answers are very much appreciated! 

the number of people affected by the buff the moment you cast the spell determines how much PA EXP you get.  People will powerlevel buff techs by making a "buff party" where everyone stands around a charge cube and continuously cast whatever buffs they need to level.  Acrotecher recommended.  It's boring as all getout but it's the most effective way to get Shifta, Deband, Zodial, Retier, and Giresta to your desired level.  You'll usually find one happening at white beast, from the "Pavillion of Air: Top" lobby.

Whilst buff parties are the best way to level another good way to level is when everyone is waiting at a gate or boss teleporter. Get into the habit of buffing your party twice a game and you'll get those support PA's levelled up quite well. For melee and gun PA's I just equip 6 of the same item type, all with the same PA and spam it. Usually using Yohmei weapons with their high PP

Edited by Tes