JCGamer

Are All Buff working yes or no ? Let talk about it now

Posted (edited)

Okay so on the last old alpha test server all the Buff were working. when Marmy fix them old test server and  now I keep hearing from other player community saying that Shifta and Retier is working but not Zodial or Deband ? 

let talk about and help the PSUC Team with this issue and find some truth involved 

Edited by JCGamer

As far as my knowledge goes, only the debuffs are currently not working. I'm confused about which buffs outside of shifta and giresta work.

Posted (edited)

From what I understand, Zalure "works as intended" (-11, -15, -19, -23, and -27 percent for each "tier"), but with the current damage formula, a level 41+ Zalure only results in enemies taking approx. only 2 percent more ATP damage. However, the range does work and you can "tag" enemies with it.

Edited by KAMIGENO
Missed the "-27 percent" bit.

This is good topic, my brain is melted with conflicted info

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to use debuffs mostly to counter enemies that buffed themselves. Outside that hadn't really. To be fair, I only played an AT for a while on Sega servers. The problem with debuffs is enemies have physical attacks with elements attached. So reducing their atp which still leaves the elemental portion untouched. Likewise, zalure reduced an enemies defense but not the elemental resistance.  Since we attack and get attacked with physical and elemental damage I think it makes a difference.   That or maybe 27% reduction just isn't that good for some other reason. 

Curious, does Clementine still have that bug where a debuff that should be able to hit all enemies in a group still somewhow ends up missing at least one ? Maybe it wasn't a bug but rather something SEGA chose to have.

Here's what it says on Renas bug list:

• Deband & Retier: DFP/MST Scaling Is Bad
    • Not really a bug, but it's worth mentioning until it's changed. If only because several people have reported it as a bug.
  • Zodial: Nonfunctional
    • Description: Zodial, the Lightning-element buff, does not currently offer an ATA Boost when used. Nor does it offer EVP.
    • Rarity: Constant Issue
    • Severity: Mild Annoyance
    • Affected: Zodial.
    • Solutions: N/A.
  • Debuffs: Total Failure
    • Description: None of the debuffs inflict their matching effects, currently.
    • Rarity: Constant Issue
    • Severity: Moderate Pain
    • Affected: All debuffs
    • Solutions: N/A

So, the only buffs that currently function correctly are Shifta and Giresta, while Deband and Retier work but not as intended, then lastly Zodial and debuffs do not work at all. 

Hopefully these all get fixed soon.

• Thumbs Up 4

For Deband everything is all over the place with with the way DFP is currently factored in. On some monsters that would hit me for 130~ damage, with Deband 41+ on it went down to 105~ damage (I averaged 30 hits and removed the two extreme decile). So that's a 20%~ decrease effectively. However on monsters hitting for me 700 damage, the difference wasn't statistically noticeable (+/- 30 damage), so in that case Deband did absolutely nothing. Tried various factors, different armor and so on.

Retier is working for the TP boost part, as for MST it's probably just as borked as Deband, haven't ran any trial properly but didn't notice any visible different with or without while farming. Shifta/Retier are worth to be used for sure since the DPS boost is effectively noticeable. For Zodial I barely melee so can't tell about the ATA part, but didn't notice any EVP difference either.

Edited by Youmukon

If I remember correctly accuracy and how it relates to ATA is like a logistic curve so if you're already hitting often you wouldn't notice much of a difference but I imagine beasts would see greater returns from the ATA boost once that works.  I'm curious if Jellen is a better "defence" buff then Deband once it works is with the way ATP and DFP interact with each other.  Once it works.

Deband has the massive advantage to be cast once every 5min+ while Jellen requires constant upkeep so it would have to be extremely potent to be more interesting than Deband (assuming deband is working obviously). Ideally both should be working together and have a significant impact.

To me the biggest issue right now isn't how things are calculated, but the fact that nothing beyond Shifta/Retier offers a visible difference. The end user doesn't really care about the maths behind things, all they want is to see that buffs/debuffs are making a difference. Right now if I cast Shifta, everyone notices the difference. I cast Deband/Zodial? It doesn't change anything. Likewise for debuffs, no difference.

A buffer cannot waste time to cast 4 buffs if half of them don't make a difference. Likewise for debuffs. It's even worse in maps where people die often in large room and you have to run all the way to rebuff them meaning you're not healing, CC'ing or DPS'ing during that time.

If Zodial does not work, then I'll just stop using it and will use Foverse on myself on occasion or something.

3 hours ago, FUFME said:

If Zodial does not work, then I'll just stop using it and will use Foverse on myself on occasion or something.

Foverse is not working properly right now, I believe.

14 hours ago, KAMIGENO said:

Foverse is not working properly right now, I believe.

it definitely isn't working properly, i posted it in the bug reports section, currently no matter the level it only gets 10 hits before it disappears when at level 21+ it should have 30 hits.