Sakarisei

Some improvements to the Hybrid Expert Types (WT, GT and, in some cases, FI)

If anyone have played PSU online or heard about that guy or gal playing PSU online, one of the things that people sounds familiar is how the GT and WT were basically the most useless classes for many reasons which people know. If there is a newbie who don't know the reasons...

The main reason which WT is completely useless is the lack of capability of using S-Rank T-Mags or Madoogs since although they were able to use S-Rank Wands, Wands uses the Right Hand Slot while Madoogs uses the left onne. That thing is completely important because although Wands are more powerful in damage rate than Madoogs, they can't combine with the One Handed Melee weapons, which is very important for that class for the main reason that each time a user switch the wand for your melee weapon, that thing means losing the time while an AT with S-Rank Madoog and S-Rank one handed weapon can deal that job much better. Yes, of course it has got some S-Rank Two Handed weapons, but... why using it when there are other classes like the FF or FM which can use much better that thing... unless your goal is dealing Solo TAs with just the Foverse tech?

If the WT were able to get S-Rank Whips, S-Rank T-Mags or Madoogs and at least having lvl 40 in offensive techs, I think people would use more that class since WT users weren't too forced to get that special A-Rank weaponry with 10-20% for dealing a "decent damage" for a S-Rank of minimum 10 or... perhaps, until 11, but not more than top tier 11, while the others with full 13-15 stars will deal more damage.

In the case of GT, they have an exclusive weapon which is the S-Rank Crossbow. Although they're not necessarily a bad weapon (It's more, I like it), that thing is not compared with the AT using the S-Rank cards and the S-Rank Wands. High attack speed of the card itself and high attack speed of the AT makes the GT an obsolete class. Furthermore, low TP and lvl 30 in offensive techs makes completely useless to cast offensive techs, making just improved shoots with one handed guns, but nothing in comparison with the FG or GM while using both Two handed weaponry.

Perhaps a lvl 40 in offensive techs and S-Rank Cards should be enough for making that class more useful.

AT outcomes both, the WT while using melee & tech weapon and the GT while using ranged & tech weapon (Assuming they're using one handed weapons).

In the FI, maybe the only thing which they should have is lvl 40 in non-elemental bullets for mixing its good melee.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, another option is when GAS or any variance of the GAS' system appears, giving some additional points to the hybrid classes for giving at least some equiparable damage and/ore usefulness in comparison with the other Expert Types & the infamous Master Types.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Wartecher is one of the best classes in the game. It has Dus Skadd, assault crush, renzan, tornado dance, Vivi Dezza, and level 3 buffs. Huge thumbs down.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wartecher is pretty good right now tbh. It has really high ATP at 20 (180% iirc), Lv40 skills and Lv30(21) support skills. This makes it a good hybrid fighter/support and good all-around solo class. The only thing I think it should ever receive is S-rank whips.

• Thumbs Up 3

If you're talking as a solo class for playing solo TAs, yes, maybe that thing is a good choice for soloing. However, while WT is good for soloing, the others are generally good for both, soloing and in party. And I don't think you'll want that class for just soloing the TAs. An AT in a party makes WT completely useless since there are many Master Class users & some Forte classes because the effectiveness of those classes in near all the stages of the game while the WT is only good if that class reaches certain JP gear. The same with the GT although with the 13-15* crossbows, maybe it can contribute since GT can use both, Wand and one handed ranged weapon at the same time, and even it, I think the lack of offensive spell efectiveness in those two classes make those ones... maybe not necessarily completely useless, but not too much attractive for the others.

• Thumbs Down 3

Not sure what you mean about WT. lvl 20 Wartecher here and people also talk about how helpful I am!

Buffs and heals for days keeping everyone alive and keeps the flow fast, high damage output with my sexy Ice Caliburn... shit ton' health, block half the things coming at me, hell I do more then most of my teammates a lot of the time! I can't tell you how many times i've outperformed Arcotechers! In terms of damage output and heals!

Most folks don't play it because it fits a very nice niche. I've always stuck with defense>offense so WT is perfect for me as is.

So no, Wartechers are NOWHERE near useless. It's just a very niche class... one I fit in perfectly, and to those whom it fits, it'll thier best dream 💙

2 hours ago, Dia said:

Not sure what you mean about WT. lvl 20 Wartecher here and people also talk about how helpful I am!

Buffs and heals for days keeping everyone alive and keeps the flow fast, high damage output with my sexy Ice Caliburn... shit ton' health, block half the things coming at me, hell I do more then most of my teammates a lot of the time! I can't tell you how many times i've outperformed Arcotechers! In terms of damage output and heals!

Most folks don't play it because it fits a very nice niche. I've always stuck with defense>offense so WT is perfect for me as is.

So no, Wartechers are NOWHERE near useless. It's just a very niche class... one I fit in perfectly, and to those whom it fits, it'll thier best dream 💙

Basically you're talking me an age of Clementine when people are using top tier generic weapons. However, when people reaches lvl 180 and full S-Rank gear, I can completely assure you that WT is useless in parties unless there are no FMs, FF or AT since those three classes are much better in both, pure melee (FM), more weapon variety, power, hp and physical resistance (FF) and mixing melee & offensive techs (AT).

The only defense which is nice in a WT is the MST, but DFP and HP are less than FF, but in other cases, WT is only "good" in solo TAs for saving megistarides and the Foverse tech for the hp stealing in TAs.

• Thumbs Down 3

7 hours ago, Sakarisei said:

However, when people reaches lvl 180 and full S-Rank gear,

Wait, this is all hypothetical?

Hell no. We should NOT be balancing things for a hypothetical future. Know why? Because we don't fully know how it will work at that point! If it's a problem then, sure, I'll go with it. But the future is not now. And now? Wartecher is balanced very well.

No one is about to balance the game on a hunch that something will not be powerful or useful enough to compete. 

Again, if it becomes a problem THEN, then I'll agree change is needed. But balancing for the future and not for the now is a very very slippery slope.

Sure, maybe it could use a little something something. A tiny boost here, maybe another over there, But it is nowhere near useless.

Or hell, the best thing to do in my eyes is to make it so the block animation doesn't interrupt PA's for WT. That alone would make it even easier to keep up with other types.

You know what? Just forget I said anything. Not in the mood for a debate about this🤦‍♀️

22 hours ago, Dia said:

Wait, this is all hypothetical?

Hell no. We should NOT be balancing things for a hypothetical future. Know why? Because we don't fully know how it will work at that point! If it's a problem then, sure, I'll go with it. But the future is not now. And now? Wartecher is balanced very well.

No one is about to balance the game on a hunch that something will not be powerful or useful enough to compete. 

Again, if it becomes a problem THEN, then I'll agree change is needed. But balancing for the future and not for the now is a very very slippery slope.

Sure, maybe it could use a little something something. A tiny boost here, maybe another over there, But it is nowhere near useless.

Or hell, the best thing to do in my eyes is to make it so the block animation doesn't interrupt PA's for WT. That alone would make it even easier to keep up with other types.

You know what? Just forget I said anything. Not in the mood for a debate about this🤦‍♀️

Honestly this is respectable for me if you see the class useful since people are using A-Rank weapons for lvling their Advanced classes since that thing is your opinion, just your opinion. However, It's just a matter of time that Clementine reaches lvl 180, people gets entire full sets of S-Rank gear and WT is used for very few people for many reasons that they will discover lately. An advanced class just useful for the soloing TAs because Megiverse lvl 3 and the Foverse lvl 3 doesn't mean that class is useful for general purposes for a class which is supposed to use the melee and the offensive techs for mixing both for having an unique gameplay, and not just using the striking PAs in partys as a FF or FM since the offensive techs are completely useless.

Although maybe the ATs start weak because the stats, I can assure you that a top tier AT will crush a top tier WT since AT contributes much more than a supposed hybrid which uses at the practice the same gameplay (but weak) than the pure melee alternatives. Even the PT, which is weaker in ATP than a WT, is much more useful than a WT since the EX-Traps & certain comboes with the Axe and some Two Handed Ranged weapons.

If people used very few the WT as the main Advanced class is not because the "niche excuse" that you told me... for non-talking that that niche is much better in an AT than a WT (Although AT doesn't have S-Rank Two Handed melee weapons).

And finally, if the classes were "balanced" at the end of the JP PSU is not because the classes were well designed. It was because certain PAs received huge buffs, making even the most useless classes like WT and GT "better" just for those PAs.

• Thumbs Down 3

Well, since I’ve played PSU thanks to Aelph who has told me about testing the server since it’s 85% completed, I’ve dealt some runs with my FF, and since I’ve seen WTs and GTs in my party (at least in Early Game), I’ll write a feedback about them for telling my opinion about it.

Outside of leveling those classes for unlocking the Gunmaster/Masterforce classes, honestly, WTs and GTs… not necessarily they’re bad classes, but they’re not too good according to some people who tell WT is a beast for certain PAs (Especially in JP). Although at the beginning of unlocking those classes, their buffs are a good help for basically any player who has started to play this game, although in mid game, maybe they can still a “good help”, in endgame they’re completely overcome for basically any class because although their damage for striking/ranged are good as hybrid classes, having an useless damage for offensive techs forces to basically anyone to play those classes near the same style than the Forte classes with the exception of Megistar for avoiding to buy Megistarides (Which cost just 6000 meseta). Foverse, although that support tech is slightly good for giving some additional survival, it’s not completely good for “making a beast” since in TAs, even the WTs must use Trimates for avoiding being killed because their damage is not good to give enough survival rate for saving Trimates, which forces the WT to play basically near the same style than the FF since Wands are unable to put it in left hand since they’re right hand weapons, and… as right hand weapons, if a WT uses a wand, it must sacrifice the melee skills for a less damage in ranged even with A-Rank Cards.

That’s why WTs really need S-Rank T-Mags, because the inability of using Wands as left hand weapons. For combining the Techs & the melee more effectively. Oh, and of course, don’t think that S-Rank Wands & lvl 30 techs will be useful in endgame. Just S-Rank Wands without being able to carry a single melee weapon at the same time is a laughable playstyle even in JP they had received a boost to the TP, thinking that thing will “encourage” the WT players to use the offensive techs.

If they want to make the WT useful for casting techs as a hybrid, I think they should have the Limit Break of the GI Techs and, if that thing is possible, making the GI techs at lvl 40 for the WT for making a short ranged caster which can mix both, melee & tech. The same thing with the GT, but in RA techs rather than GI ones since GT has a Limit Break for RA techs, making a hybrid of long ranged attacker which can use effectively both, a ranged weapon & techs (Although the GT is already able to use it, the low TP makes useless for casting techs even with a S-Rank Wand in the right hand).

Oh, and finally, S-Rank Cards for GTs and S-Rank Whips for WTs should be available for those classes for encouraging to mix those styles as hybrid classes.

• Thumbs Down 3

PSU.docx

1 / 2

Well, for me, it’s nice to see people sharing their own opinion even if two or more opinions are very different. With the exception of those guys who are mainly fanatics of the classes (especially one guy which I’ll not name him/her publicly) or considers me as an “ignorant” because I don’t play the class (Not necessarily you need to play a class to know how a class is useful since there are many factors like how people upload videos with the class, which builds are commonly used for certain content and how play them the class, in addition of knowing the opinion of the others who played that class mainly, and when I consider mainly is playing that class above the others), I’ll write here about some questions in the Discord chat. 

Q: WT has loads of variety. 
A: If you’re talking about variety of weaponry in A-Rank gear, yes, it has variety. However, the most important variety is not the A-Rank weapons even in Clementine the most common weapon rank is A rather than S because the server has started, iirc, near one month, which makes sense that A-Rank is having popularity. However, when the server gets a huge cap like 150, 160 or even 180, S-Rank will be mandatory, which means A-Rank will be only useful for certain things like A-Rank Slicers for FF (For ranged attacks) or FI, A-Rank two handed weapons for AFs since the Attack Speed (That thing is especially useful with GAS). Outside of it, S-Rank will be the only weapons which will be used from S2 and above. 

Q: WT has higher MST. 
A: If the MST (Which means Mental Strength, tech resist) while dealing the content were important, I can assure to anyone who overestimates it that people chose that class for having a “magical wall”, making an important change of the metagame. However, although it’s good to have better MST than other classes, I’d like to remember that FF has better HP, ATP and DFP than WT, for non-talking that even the FM has the same HP than WT, slightly more DFP than the WT and a tremendous damage while dealing the Striking PAs. 

Q: WT is not supposed to use Offensive Techs. 
A: It’s supposed to use it. Another thing is the builds which were mainly at the end of the JP. However, that thing is a big failure from SEGA since they buffed the Striking PAs at 40, but not the same case with the offensive techs, making, instead, a ridiculous TP increase which means nothing while using the techs in comparison with the Striking PAs, which is a significantly damage increase in comparison with the techs. Furthermore, there are Limit Breaks supposedly made for both, the WT and the GT. Another thing is if people in practice buy it for mixing the techs & the melee / ranged. But since no WTs used since near all of them were CASTs for obvious reasons, even the Human / Newman, who were supposed to be better hybrids than the other races, are less efficacy than the CAST WTs, making those two races useless. 

Q: WT is not useless than you say. 
A: If the WT uses whips (With lvl 50 in their PAs if GAS appears)… maybe. However, not having S-Rank T-Mags and then, forcing them to use purely Two-Handed Weapons is the same than using a FF or FM in terms of gameplay, even the WT does have buffs lvl 3 for helping them. Furthermore, even the WT, in some case, were “slightly better” in damage than a FF because the lvl 3 buffs, I’d like to remember them that FF does have a reduction of a 20% in PP consumption while using the Striking PAs. In the WT, it must use the entire PP consumption. And even with an Arm Unit which gives any Fighter user a reduction of the PP consumption, FF will always have more chance of attacking with the PAs than the WT, making the WT in a worse place. Even the FI does have S-Rank guns, making, imo, the best hybrid made by SEGA even if I think that FIs should have lvl 40 in non-elemental bullets. 

2 / 2

Q: Make A-Rank stronger 
A: Although in GAS there is a Weapon Style which increase the damage of A-Rank weaponry in a 5-10% depending of the level of that passive skill, for that thing, the main problem of it is that it’s a double edge idea. Which means, yes, maybe WTs with A-Rank T-Mags can deal more damage because that thing. However, I dislike the idea because the last thing which I wouldn’t like to see is 10-12* weapons completely overcome by the A-Rank weaponry because it, for non-talking that S-Rank should be a must have after a certain level, and although as I have said, there are a few exceptions for using that gear, it’s not the main rule while playing PSU. 

And of course, if T-Mags were completely useless for a WT, I can assure you that people weren’t buying the Nidra one, an A-Rank T-Mag with a 10% of damage increase. That thing means a lot of about wishing for many WT users having a S-Rank T-Mag; without obviously forgetting the S-Rank Whips. 

Q: And GT? 
R: GT does have at least exclusive gear like S-Rank Crossbows. Furthermore, it does match with a S-Rank Wand, which means GT as a hybrid is much better as a WT as a hybrid even at the end of the run the WT uses only Striking PAs because the Two-Handed weaponry. And I don’t consider GT better than the WT because the damage that they deal both. I consider better the GT than the WT because the GT is not entirely forced to use certain gear like the WT. The only thing which I consider the GT needs is increasing the tech damage and S-Rank Cards, although I accept making Twin Guns better for basically every gunner class. 

And finally, at the end of this post, the meaning of considering useless those two hybrids is not the meaning of closing the doors of those members, for not talking that if anyone wants to play with me with those classes, that guy/gal is welcome since I prefer to deal with casual runs since my limited time. 

If anyone is offended because writing it, in my own personal opinion, that guy has got a huge problem of accepting the opinions of the others, and that thing is not my main problem. I’m here to suggesting to increasing the tech damage of those two classes since there are basically no reasons to deal with it, encouraging their users to use the offensive techs with those two classes. 

PD: Since the changes in techs by Midori Hoshi, at the moment I won’t input lvl 40 in offensive techs because when I have time, I must check for myself if those changes makes WT & GT useful. However, it’s very hard for me that WT, which doesn’t have S-Rank T-Mags, will deal better damage even with those changes since a difference between an A-Rank and a S-Rank in terms of damage is significantly high. 

• Thumbs Down 3

Posted (edited)

Completely disregard anything this guy says. He has said so many things that are flat out wrong that I can't even start to list them. This guy is just typing things to type things. 

here is a video of end game wartecher kicking ass

As you can see in this video, Wartecher kills 190 monsters super efficiently. Stop trying to ruin the game with stupid useless buffs please. 

Edited by Seed Express
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, Seed Express said:

Completely disregard anything this guy says. He has said so many things that are flat out wrong that I can't even start to list them. This guy is just typing things to type things. 

here is a video of end game wartecher kicking ass

As you can see in this video, Wartecher kills 190 monsters super efficiently. Stop trying to ruin the game with stupid useless buffs please. 

For me this is ok that you disagree me since this is impossible to please all people in Clementine. So this is not a problem for me, and much less when one of the mistakes which I have made in the post is not mentioning that those ideas are made from a friend, not just for me, so my apologies by this confusion.

However, SeedExpress, although I see you’re showing the same video which I’ve shown before making this post, as a pure melee user (I prefer FF, although I can perfectly FM or AF if the community demands one of the those two classes), I’d like to tell you the following thing.

Using the WT as a FF with just two buffs… is not a good design for a class which is supposed to be a hybrid even that build is the only effective for dealing those runs. Even I’d like to tell you that GT, for mixing both, ranged weapons (In this case the crossbow) and a tech weapon (Wand), is much better in terms of using the GT as a hybrid than a WT. Another thing is the GT doesn’t use the techs since the CAST race. But outside of that case, and since I’ve seen the patch notes, if the rumor of using more the GT because the crossbow improves is true, perhaps people must give one chance to the GT before nothing, and much more since the Tech improves by Midori Hoshi.

But in a WT, which class of contribute do you wait in a party more than just using Twin Claws and having high MST?

Basically I see you’re focusing a lot of in TAs when TAs, although that thing can be good, it’s not the focus which should have Clementine, and much less when you forget that people soloed near all the time because the drops & certain SEGA tournaments.

If you like a WT which is basically a FF with buffs, that’s fine. Just people will decline them while there are already much better options for pure melee, for non-talking that that build cross with the styles of both, FF and FM.

Greetings.

• Thumbs Down 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sakarisei said:

For me this is ok that you disagree me since this is impossible to please all people in Clementine. So this is not a problem for me, and much less when one of the mistakes which I have made in the post is not mentioning that those ideas are made from a friend, not just for me, so my apologies by this confusion.

My purpose of posting here, is to tell anyone else who reads this that you are flat out wrong. It's not an issue of you pleasing me. You said so many untrue things that I'll disprove now just for anyone reading this stupid post. Lets start with A rank weapons are bad. You said at level 150-160 all A ranks are obsolete, and that couldn't be further from the truth. Check the video below.

In this video you can see one of the best weapons ever released on psu, Twin Dil Edge. Wartecher can use them. These are A rank and are better than any S rank twin sabers. A new player like yourself just sees the atp on a weapon and assumes that is all that matters. The reality is some weapons are better for utility and aren't made for just doing pure dps.

Using the WT as a FF with just two buffs… is not a good design for a class which is supposed to be a hybrid even that build is the only effective for dealing those runs.

WT is far more than FF with just two buffs. What about double sabers, whips, cards, bows, and attack spells? Wartechers have a 150% stat modifier for TP at level 20 meaning if you choose to play as a human (or newman), attack spells are not bad at all. There are amazing options for every single weapon a wartecher can use, A or S. 

Basically I see you’re focusing a lot of in TAs when TAs, although that thing can be good, it’s not the focus which should have Clementine, and much less when you forget that people soloed near all the time because the drops & certain SEGA tournaments.

What should we focus clementine on? People teaming up and taking their time? 

Closing this slaughtering up, this guy is not fit to make posts talking about balance or anything for that matter. He clearly doesn't have the milage a player needs to have obtained good knowledge of how classes are designed, or how you should be playing said classes. I won't respond again to this guy, just assume anything he says is wrong.

Edited by Seed Express
  • Thumbs Up 2

Your obsession with S rank tech mags is so laughable and pathetic. They will not make attack spells relevant for the simple fact that tech mags do terrible damage.   They wouldn't even be good at clean up. Almost all the melee options for clean up do it so much better. The only chance attack spells gain any relevance for wartecher is they get some sort of rod. Rods have an inherent bonus of 20% with some reaching as high as 50%. Yes, an A-rank howrod will destroy on a pushan which is a 14-star tech mag we have access to atm. 

To sum this up, Human WT with some sort of rod is the only chance for attack spells to be used outside of applying status effects on enemies. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, G@tman said:

Your obsession with S rank tech mags is so laughable and pathetic. They will not make attack spells relevant for the simple fact that tech mags do terrible damage.   They wouldn't even be good at clean up. Almost all the melee options for clean up do it so much better. The only chance attack spells gain any relevance for wartecher is they get some sort of rod. Rods have an inherent bonus of 20% with some reaching as high as 50%. Yes, an A-rank howrod will destroy on a pushan which is a 14-star tech mag we have access to atm. 

To sum this up, Human WT with some sort of rod is the only chance for attack spells to be used outside of applying status effects on enemies. 

If WT users wants to use mainly Two Handed Weapons as hybrids, honestly I like the idea since Rods deals 20% of additional damage, which compensates perfectly one of the most weakpoints of the WT in general runs. That thing is sacrificing your Two Handed Weapon for a One Handed Tech. And yes, basically the main reason of it is giving a chance to be useful when attacking with the offensive techs rather than the status when for now, and because the Crossbow’s change, GT is much better than a WT in that thing even later the GT doesn’t want to use it. 

However, in the case that Clementine wants to add it (Even I’m starting to be convinced that thing is better than S-Rank T-Mags & S-Rank Whips), they must be careful when adding it. Why? Because when SEGA increased the TP, is for trying to encouraging to use the S-Rank wand when a single wand is never comparable as a Rod in terms of burst damage in techs. If people wants it, then the offensive & support techs must be the same for giving a chance to the FT. Honestly I prefer to start with an A-Rank Rod, but if people wants S-Rank Rod, then they should lower the TP for not making too useless the GT in terms of being hybrid. 

But honestly I prefer your idea than mine, or at least when just adding a single weapon is better than adding two. 

Edited by Sakarisei
Deleting unintentioned text

Posted (edited)

Offensive Techs were never meant to be the focus of wartecher or guntecher, they aren’t meant to be used outside of status effects really. Anyone using GT or WT with more than 3 or 4 offensive technics isn’t playing the class the way they were intended. WT will always do more damage with melee (they benefit from Gi- spells since they’re in close but since they’re using a Mag it’s usually not worth it). GT will always do more damage with guns (but can do combinations with Ra- Nos-and base spells if they’re using crossbow, card, or machine-gun).

GT and WT are the way they are because they have access to different things compared to the primary classes (FF, FG, FT) and have a mixed role. Their strength isn’t in doing one thing super well, their strength comes from being able to do multiple things passably. They don’t need any significant buffs or weapon access changes.

Edited by CrimsonOdyssey

32 minutes ago, CrimsonOdyssey said:

Offensive Techs were never meant to be the focus of wartecher or guntecher, they aren’t meant to be used outside of status effects really. Anyone using GT or WT with more than 3 or 4 offensive technics isn’t playing the class the way they were intended. WT will always do more damage with melee (they benefit from Gi- spells since they’re in close but since they’re using a Mag it’s usually not worth it). GT will always do more damage with guns (but can do combinations with Ra- Nos-and base spells if they’re using crossbow, card, or machine-gun).

GT and WT are the way they are because they have access to different things compared to the primary classes (FF, FG, FT) and have a mixed role. Their strength isn’t in doing one thing super well, their strength comes from being able to do multiple things passably. They don’t need any significant buffs or weapon access changes.

PSU.docx

1 / 1

Obviously, I don’t think you’ll be able to learn near all the techs in the game since you as a hybrid you must learn some PAs/techs of the class, for non-talking that if you want to learn many PAs/tech of a specific field, the best choice is a Forte/Master Class since they’re all that field that you want. 

Oh, and don’t think that the meaning of increasing the tech damage of those two classes doesn’t mean… for example, they must have the same quality as a FT in offensive techs, although for me it’s hilarious that people complained about “thinking that I want a class with the strength of a FF/FG & FT” when they are near the same than those two classes (FF and FG) in terms of PA level, even the GT started in AotI with lvl 40, but with a ridiculous ATP & ATA rate… iirc, before the JP servers. 

The only class which I believe is good in being a hybrid is a GT, a class which is basically buffed thanks to the Crossbows’ buff & the techs of Midori Hoshi. However, WT… perhaps it can be “good” if the Nidra Mag (Which is an A-Rank with a 10% boost damage to techs) appears in Clementine in conjunction of the GI techs’ buffs. However, as you said, and until anything like that appears, WT must be mainly forced to play as a FF, which means that class lose a lot of variety, “variety” which is shown in the TAs uploaded at the beginning of 2010. 

Basically this topic is for encouraging people for recruiting them in parties for being good for using two styles at the same time. And not those pseudo FF/FGs which they were in JP with the exception of Megistar & Foverse. If you want to play as a pure class, just get the Forte or the Master classes depending of your playstyle ingame… 

• Thumbs Down 1

On 5/22/2019 at 1:46 AM, Seed Express said:

My purpose of posting here, is to tell anyone else who reads this that you are flat out wrong. It's not an issue of you pleasing me. You said so many untrue things that I'll disprove now just for anyone reading this stupid post. Lets start with A rank weapons are bad. You said at level 150-160 all A ranks are obsolete, and that couldn't be further from the truth. Check the video below.

In this video you can see one of the best weapons ever released on psu, Twin Dil Edge. Wartecher can use them. These are A rank and are better than any S rank twin sabers. A new player like yourself just sees the atp on a weapon and assumes that is all that matters. The reality is some weapons are better for utility and aren't made for just doing pure dps.

WT is far more than FF with just two buffs. What about double sabers, whips, cards, bows, and attack spells? Wartechers have a 150% stat modifier for TP at level 20 meaning if you choose to play as a human (or newman), attack spells are not bad at all. There are amazing options for every single weapon a wartecher can use, A or S. 

What should we focus clementine on? People teaming up and taking their time? 

Closing this slaughtering up, this guy is not fit to make posts talking about balance or anything for that matter. He clearly doesn't have the milage a player needs to have obtained good knowledge of how classes are designed, or how you should be playing said classes. I won't respond again to this guy, just assume anything he says is wrong.

I've forgotten to quoting this one... sorry

No offense SeedExpress, but I see you have absolutely no idea about what are you talking, plus the only thing that you're doing is just giving me the reason even you don't believe it. You can tell me what do you want and even you can call people to point me all the times that you want. Just you're not a guy who mainly play this class unlike some friends who have played from birth to end of PSU with the WT of class.

Greetings.

Just you're not a guy who mainly play this class unlike some friends who have played from birth to end of PSU with the WT of class.

So he is admitting he doesn't play the class. I'm level 20 wartecher, with 50% claws, 50% spears, 50% whips, and leveled buffs. Last reset, I was a level 20 wartecher, with 50% claws, 50% spears, 50% whips, leveled buffs. The reset before that I was a level 20 wartecher, with 30% claws, 30% spears, 30% whips, leveled buffs, and 30% 14* twin daggers.

I play this class, you don't.

Greetings. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

You say WT loses a lot of “variety” since it has to play like FF ??? WT is probably the most varied class in the entire game. It does literally everything, even bows, which it has no business using. Just because it isn’t strong at everything it does, that doesn’t make it bad or underpowered. 

WT can do damn near everything it shouldn’t be able to do ALL of those things at a high level. It would make other classes not worth using.

Edited by CrimsonOdyssey
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CrimsonOdyssey said:

You say WT loses a lot of “variety” since it has to play like FF ??? WT is probably the most varied class in the entire game. It does literally everything, even bows, which it has no business using. Just because it isn’t strong at everything it does, that doesn’t make it bad or underpowered. 

WT can do damn near everything it shouldn’t be able to do ALL of those things at a high level. It would make other classes not worth using.

Take care that if WT’s variety were nice and/or important for the party, I can assure that many of friends of mine who played WT in the official servers hadn’t had issues in terms of joining parties of people because one of the things which people saw a WT was kicking with no questions. I don’t consider useless the WT class for dealing less damage than a FF which even I assume it. No, I consider the WT useless because even the huge amount of weaponry, when they reach high-end content, they’re forced to use weapons like Twin Claws and/or Knuckles even the whips are nice because they can deal at lvl 40 (50 with GAS), but mainly you’ll use it. And you’ll use it because there is a certain point when A-Ranks will only help you in a very situational case. Furthermore, I’d like to telling you that at the end of the game, you’ll use those S-Ranks with huge buffs to damage/additional hit or another thing which will help you.

The only class who has received a huge benefit with the JP A-Rank weapons is the AF with the Twin Dil Edge because it can match both, the increased range and the attack speed, in addition of generally One Handed weapons are lower in damage (With the exception of Slicers & Whips since the nature of them). But in all those WT videos TAing or even in parties, the main thing which I’ve found in them is using near all the time the Two Handed Melee weapon since that thing is the only contribution which they can deal in endgame. And even it’s not necessarily too bad the damage of them as a hybrid, basically you’re resuming me to play the WT as a FF, and for that thing, I prefer a FF or even a FM for purely melee damage.

If you want classes for more and better variety of things, honestly the AT or even the Clementine’s version of the GT since the buff of crossbows are better than the WT. It’s not related about how much damage that you deal with a certain class. It’s about how many things which you can contribute in parties since Clementine will focus the game more in parties rather than in TAs. TAs, although I dislike the idea, but I respect people who prefer TAs instead parties, should not be the main focus even the popularity of the WT in TAs for being forced to play as a FF with buffs. If people considers the game “balanced” is because how TAs were popular since there were more reasons to play alone rather than with the others because the ninjas in PSU and how certain buffs in the JP version received huge buffs, not because the game was well designed even there are some nostalgia in the players who play this game.

PD: This is just my opinion.

• Thumbs Down 2

or sorry let me rephrase this. Your friends opinion is wrong. You aren't even basing anything on research, just on heresay from a friend who sucks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 5/22/2019 at 6:17 AM, G@tman said:

That's some grade A mental gymnastics right there. >.>

I have been leveling up my wartecher slowly, I'm at class level 13, and the biggest issue for wartecher imo is that all of the melee photon arts you want to use are messed up.  The hitboxes are so outta whack.  Its fine for group play but it's irritating to know you could be going way faster solo if the hitboxes were correct. 

• Thumbs Up 1