TurtleHermit0

How to Play Fullscreen Borderless Windowed

We seem to get a lot of people asking how to play the game in window mode and borderless fullscreen, so I'm going to create a simple guide for those that need help.

First off, download the custom resolution files from the download page of the forum https://psu-clementine.net/community/index.php?/client_download/ and extract the one you will use into your Phantasy Star Universe Clementine folder. Use Winrar or 7-Zip to extract the file.

Next, go into your game options and make sure 32bit is selected and the resolution is set to 1280x720. Also make sure you have window mode checked.

GRkQvLh.jpg?1

SwHOxUn.jpg?1

Next, download a Zip file called psuseed here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oXNV4P65lgPSlxb1aNhzJdJeJ4pr2EhM/view

Open the psuseed.zip file and extract the contents (using winrar, 7-Zip, etc) into your Phantasy Star Universe Clementine folder.

Now that they are extracted, open the psuseed TOML file with notepad. Look for the line that says borderless and change it from FALSE to TRUE. Save the file and close notepad.

KLUJzyQ.png?1

That should do it. Now just launch the Custom Resolution and play Phantasy Star Universe Clementine in Fullscreen Borderless Windowed mode.

Edited by TurtleHermit0

Excellent, this works like a charm.  I had no idea about this psuseed thing, thanks for linking it!

21 minutes ago, FrostC said:

Excellent, this works like a charm.  I had no idea about this psuseed thing, thanks for linking it!

Glad I could help.

I noticed through Discord that a lot of people didn't know about the psuseed file so I thought this would be the best way to share it with people. It's a file that seems to have gotten lost over the last few years. 

Love this, i were hoping to find some easy way to change game volume as the ingame is still pretty loud between no sound and 2 when you wanna listen to something else.

On 5/5/2019 at 3:39 AM, NatsuruSen0u said:

Anyone have custom resolutions for 16:10 screens? (1680x1050)

I'm actually curious about that too, since my monitor is also a 16:10 screen.

A reminder that psuseed was created by Eidolon. They pop into the community every now and then, so please credit them. Thanks.

I still stuck at the max default and just stretch the window on my 1440p monitor.

How do I just run it at 1920x1280 ?   There suppose to be some text file you edit and only one I have just has blank after = for resolution

So I'm having an issue. I use XInput Plus to get controller to work properly, but when I did this, it stopped my right stick from moving the camera. If I reapply the XInput settings, the game is no longer borderless windowed. Can anyone help with this?

I don't even have those files in my Clem folder --- like none of them,  no psuseed , no online or option.   - The only way to get options is through Clem Launcher.

8 hours ago, FUFME said:

I don't even have those files in my Clem folder --- like none of them,  no psuseed , no online or option.   - The only way to get options is through Clem Launcher.

I have never seen this problem before so I don't think I can help. The only thing I can think is that the files have been removed by some sort of anti virus. 

9 hours ago, Narbwaffles said:

So I'm having an issue. I use XInput Plus to get controller to work properly, but when I did this, it stopped my right stick from moving the camera. If I reapply the XInput settings, the game is no longer borderless windowed. Can anyone help with this?

There must be some sort of conflict with the psuseed file. The best thing I can suggest is that instead of using psuseed to play the game in borderless windowed, download something called Borderless Gaming instead. https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases/download/9.5.5/BorderlessGaming9.5.5_admin_setup.exe

The only issue with using this instead is that you will have to load it up everytime you play PSU. It's a very minor issue though.

@FUFME This may be the best solution for you too if you can't use psuseed.

I thought psuseed needs to be acquired by someone who has it and no longer available.  It's not major big deal, Im used to stretching the screen this whole time.

10 hours ago, FUFME said:

I thought psuseed needs to be acquired by someone who has it and no longer available.  It's not major big deal, Im used to stretching the screen this whole time.

I have it, it's included in my guide above.

6 hours ago, NatsuruSen0u said:

1280x720 is not an option in my options window.

Make sure it says 32 bit and not 16 bit in the options.

Edited by TurtleHermit0

Hmm, that's strange, you're the first person I have come across that doesn't have 1280x720 available. It may be best to ask in Discord for a more immidiate response from somebody that may have had this problem or know of a way to get around it.

On 5/19/2019 at 1:19 PM, TurtleHermit0 said:

There must be some sort of conflict with the psuseed file. The best thing I can suggest is that instead of using psuseed to play the game in borderless windowed, download something called Borderless Gaming instead. https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases/download/9.5.5/BorderlessGaming9.5.5_admin_setup.exe

The only issue with using this instead is that you will have to load it up everytime you play PSU. It's a very minor issue though.

@FUFME This may be the best solution for you too if you can't use psuseed.

Thanks for this post, I was able to get borderless window working with this app, the psuseed in the OP only caused the game to not load properly. But now that I have this working I have a different problem now, and thats the lag. Normally I run this game in full screen mode at 1920x1080 on the highest graphics settings and its every bit as fast as it it beautiful. But when i launch it in a window (standard window or maximied with the borderless gaming app makes no difference) it lags really badly. I tried to lower the resolution, I tried to lower the graphics settings and even on "low-end" it lags like crazy. This is definitely some sort of setting that needs to be changed since my PC can run circles around this game as i said above, but I'm at a loss because nothing I do seems to fix it. Has anybody else had this problem before and if you did, how did you fix it? Thanks in advance!

I managed to make my own 16:10 exe's for 1680x1050 among others but the PSUC moderation team doesn't want them due to me being untrusted with good reason.

On a side note for anyone that doesn't have the 1280x720 resolution in the options list like me, you can edit the settings file here (%localappdata%\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE Illuminus\PsuIlluminus.ini)

Edit ( RESOLUTION = ) to 5( RESOLUTION =5 ) for 1280x720, it won't show this in options.exe but as long as you don't open the options.exe it won't overwrite it, You can, if you want, make the file read only to prevent overwrite.

640x480     RESOLUTION =0
800x600        RESOLUTION =1
1024x768    RESOLUTION =2
1280x960    RESOLUTION =3
1280x1024    RESOLUTION =4
1280x720    RESOLUTION =5

The result on a 16:10 Screen with the PSUSEED mod in windowed mode is this:

An almost full screen game that doesn't crash, No title bar, no stretching,  just the taskbar showing. I prefer this myself over the little window.

If anyone want's to take a risk and use my exe's I'll be happy to share. (PM me)

If you, like the PSUC moderation team doesn't trust my .exe's, ask the team to make them, otherwise if you realllllllyyyyyy want I can show in a video how to do this yourself.

See you in game!

image.thumb.png.889533dcd09fd2c890b376bd6e40c438.png

Edited by NatsuruSen0u

Hey, I just installed the game and started playing. Everything works fine, up until I drop psuseed into my game directory. Then the game just closes immediately when I try to launch it. I set it to 32-bit 1280 x 720, and I followed all the other steps. This is a fresh install with the 1920x1080 custom resolution - is this version of psuseed out of date or something?

Edited by HellKnightX

i tried this with the 2560x1440 resolution exe but it doesn't seem to work.
i followed the instructions correctly but the game still launches in windowed mode and when i login i get the error 045.
if i start using the clemlauncher it does put me into borderless windowed mode but uses the 1280x720 resolution, but i can log in.
not sure if i'm doing something wrong or if there is a new method to this.

edit:
never mind, i figured out i just had to start the resolution exe in admin mode for it to work.

Edited by shadonic