Tes

Moderation

As someone who's been gaming for 27 years I noticed in the past 10 years or so the amount of time gaming was well and truly in the realms of addiction. It peaked around 2 years ago. Back then I worked a 4 on 4 off job which gave me an absurd amount of free time to game. Having clocked over 30,000 hours gaming in total, I've gamed in excess of 3.4 years solid in my life time.

You can have too much of a good thing, and sure enough I started to burn out. As with weed and alcohol I've now enforced a weekend only approach to my gaming. I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to manage it with gaming in all honesty as it was only the first 5 years of my life that I'd lived before gaming. It was something I prioritised over every single aspect of my life. In school it was homework and studying which fell on the backburner. As an adult it was virtually everything else in life including friends, family, going out and what I'd spend my money on.

I'm certainly glad I've reached a point where I'm feeling in control of the things I enjoy. I've always been a bit of an all or nothing person and rolling out a weekend only approach is certainly the healthier option long term. I figured weekend only gaming would mean the usual 12+ hours gaming on Saturday and Sunday. In reality it's also reduced the amount of time I want to spend on the computer as well. It's been a long time coming, but I'm finally prioritising doing my art in my free time which is a relief in all honesty and much better for my mind/body.

I'm glad you're moderating yourself and working towards a healthy goal while still being able to game! Keep it up! 😄

After spending the weekend on PSU and levelling 3 characters and meeting lot's of people I must say it was damn tempting to fire up the game this morning. Most of my time spent on PSU during the Sega server days was soloing quests. The same goes for when I play on PSOBB nowadays. But there's been a real turn around on Clementine. I've been approaching anyone I come across who's a similar level and building up 4-6 player parties with ease. It's made for a much nicer gaming session when spent in the company of others. Whilst I still enjoy soloing, it's losing a lot more of it's appeal recently.

Anyways, no gaming until the weekend again. I'll keep busy with my art this morning before work. Once today is done the rest of the week will fall into place swiftly i'm sure. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend session on PSU too.

I used to do a fair bit of solo play in the past on this game, but since Clementine opened up again I have done nothing but group up with people. I don't think I can go back to solo play on this game anymore, it feels empty. The only problem I am having is finding people to play different missions. It's all White Beast and Castle of Monsters. Sure, I can find 1 party people all over the game, but it would be nice to get a group of 4-6 playing something random like Valley of Carnage.

I agree, the soloing has got to the point where it feels utterly lifeless. I'm glad I've had a change of heart. As for finding more people, just go up to people of a similar level. My weekend runs were across all 3 planets and people seemed to enjoy the regular change of scenery and quests