Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clementine 2024 First Half - Valentine's, Ultimate, and Roadmap Details

lostbob117

• Moderators

Hello, it's been a hot minute since we've done one of these. Taking a proper break and what not.

During the downtime, we've been brainstorming for Ultimate. Here are the current plans for the first half of the year.

Disclaimer: During Development, plans may change.

Update 71 - Valentine's Event

Valentine Event

The Event Mission 'Protectors Xi' will be available during the 2 week event period. Clear the floors to gain more reward boxes per floor cleared. The floors can be cleared in any order. Complete the mission gimmicks to unlock the 7th Floor to obtain the Valentine Boxes.

Weapon Rarity Update

The rarity of a lot of weapons will be adjusted to make it easier to tell what is better damage wise. 13★ Weapons will be 10% PA Boosted, ★14 are 20% PA Boosted, and ★15 are /U, Customize, Special Weapons, and the high-end synth weapons. (Rods and Slicers are 20% 13★ and 30% 14★).

Where we are at on Ultimate!

Ultimate will be aimed to have it's initial release sometime after the Valentine Event.

While I can't give a specific date as development may end up delayed due to whatever reasons. Once the Valentine Event is out, I will spend my focus on getting the initial batch of missions ready for ultimate (Aiming to do 15 or 20 missions). Unfortunately, until Ultimate is ready there won't be much new content after the event from myself. I'll try to keep everyone up to date every week with where progress sits.

Ultimate Mission Design

Currently, I've been working on Plains Overlord, Castle of Monsters, and Beach Bum Beasts U. A main focus for the missions is to rehaul certain missions while keeping aspects that work in the current climate of Clementine's current balance. (To save you all from the more boring details, we'll leave it at that).

Ultimate difficulty will have one variant and some missions will have additional blocks. The Ultimate difficulty will also have an α version and a β version. 

α - 6-player version: Enemies will have specific attack type resists applied per block to make the party comp. matter more.
β - Low player version: Enemies won't have the specific attack type resists and the spawns will be adjusted to be more doable for a lower amount of players. 

The resists for enemies will be viewable at the start of the mission from a terminal.

Ultimate Gear Progression

Weapons

Currently, we are planning to have /U weapons able to grind to 15/15. You won't be able to repair weapons past 10/10, so if a weapon is 12/12 that's where it's stuck at. Weapons will stay at the current grind above +10, so if you break your weapon going from 12/15 to 13/15, it'll become 12/14.

Players will be able to obtain new grinders from Ultimate to grind past 10. You would still be able to use the +1 ~ +10 grinders but the rate would be pretty low.

Drop Rates for the weapons will be considered heavily with this system in mind.

We'll be aiming to make the Valentine's event specific /U weapons X/15 to give it a bit of a test run. The event won't be delayed for this feature, so if it's not ready by time the event is around it won't be in.

Line Shields

Line Shields with set bonuses with Customize Weapons and Special Weapons are currently planned.

Units

Players will be able to upgrade certain units with materials from ultimate between +1 ~ +5 at random. More details will be provided later on this.

New units will also be obtainable like Hand of Falz.

A Very Rough Roadmap

Lastly, here is a rough roadmap of where my priorities are gonna be for the first half of the year.

• Valentine Event (Early February)
  • Ultimate Initial Release
  • Small Easter Event (End of March, crazy that Easter is March 31st this year)
  • New Ultimate Missions
  • New /R Mission(s)
  • New Ultimate Missions
  • Late Spring Event (June)

Some other stuff will sprinkled in along with these updates, but these are the main content updates currently planned.

• lostbob117 changed the title to Clementine 2024 First Half - Valentine's, Ultimate, and Roadmap Details
13 hours ago, Lilith said:

Lot of people have deep wallets. 

For 15/15 Weapons,  I would suggest implementing Platinum Bars at 25 mil or 99 mil each and make grind break fixes for 1 Platinum Bar each.

Agree :D I'm not good in economy tho, but I think it's strange that meseta don't have use in game at all. I mean yes, it used to trade between players, but why? It doesn't have any use or value. Customize weapons outdated, and because of players' greediness prices for good /u weapons drops to 1 meseta, just because nobody buys it and with update prices will drop even lower because " Drop Rates for the weapons will be considered heavily with this system in mind. " .

On 1/25/2024 at 5:41 AM, lostbob117 said:

A Very Rough Roadmap

Lastly, here is a rough roadmap of where my priorities are gonna be for the first half of the year.

• Valentine Event (Early February)
  • Ultimate Initial Release
  • Small Easter Event (End of March, crazy that Easter is March 31st this year)
  • New Ultimate Missions
  • New /R Mission(s)
  • New Ultimate Missions
  • Late Spring Event (June)

Of course we appreciate such a gorgeous roadmap, but you need to rest to not burnout of sega-scale development, new /r (we have enough of them already), one pack of ult and late spring events could be cut from the list.

Btw, speaking of Valentine's Day, I’m already starting to accept your declarations of love (with presents), but don’t expect reciprocity, because if I choose from those that are in the community, then I’d rather go out the window. But that doesn't stop you from expressing your love for me, because I'm too cute for not doing that. 

Our easter will be 5th may this year in tv-zombie country.

about alpha and beta missions I will comment after their release, even if it sounds cool it may be unplayable if it will be like the duo version of christmas event, also I'm sigma male.
+15 can't comment in advance too, because who knows the chances and how it will explode my ass (considering I'm already hate this game and at same time love it :D)
but good thing is +15 and unit upgrades slightly extending the leveling from the point when you're no match for new stronger enemies

Edited by SHOTGUN

Btw let's one day have retexture contest, it can be anything: shiny weapon variants, event area reskins, costumes. I think some players will be glad to participate and it would also free up time for developers to take a break. But first, need to clarify how many people are ready to take part, in case, being an old senile person, I’m wrong and no one wants to. 

The weapon rarity thing is an excellent idea that will help new players easily identify the relative strength of different weapons. Even as an old player I don't have the names of every weapon memorized, so it'll be nice to know something shouldn't be NPCed just from looking at the rarity. Also quite like the idea of the alpha and beta variants of Ultimate missions, gives you a way to challenge full parties without screwing solo or low man runs over.

Really unsure how I feel about grind breaks coming back. Grinding as a system is already pretty heavily slanted against striking players... my acrofighter uses something like 21 striking weapons (slicer/saber/claw sets) + one ranged weapon + 6+ RCSMs, compared to my MF that uses a few rods, and yet grinding my AF's pile of 30 weapons is equally as difficult per weapon as grinding my MF's rods. Unless something changes, 15/15 is going to make this issue significantly worse.

Edited by Zeta

As a new player I strongly oppose the 15/15 weapons upgrade, its a terrible idea that will negatively affect everyone in the server as someone who watches the player market on a daily basic.

Here is a list of various negative cons this change will make not only affect players but will also negatively affect the current  fragile market due to very low server population:

•   Celestella Token Weapons that are rewarded only once 
    "PER ACCOUNT" when reaching level 200, you get then once and you will never get another one till you make a new account, once weapon is broken is permanent you can't sell your broken weapons to anyone or get a new one.

• Customized weapons are account bound you can not sell your broken "junk" I mean broken weapons you going to have to get a new one and you will need to rebuy materials that other new/casual players will need to make theirs if you have big pocket this is no problem but you will screw over newer players/casual gamers over since players with big pocket going to buy the materials to make those weapons and raising prices and making the scarcity problem even worse.

• Rare /U not dropped in events that are very rare, very high scarcity on the market and expensive. Players who already own these weapons will start buying them over making the scarcity even worse and raising the prices and players like me will have to settle with buying "broken weapons" while paying premium and probably more than before. Again new players and Casual players will get screwed over. I experienced this when the last event ended where players will "Big pockets" started buying all stock in the market to resell for 4x times the price.

• I have had players including players that have played this game for a long time refuse to buy weapons from me since the weapons were not 10/10.  Since they rather pay 5-10 million more to avoid the upgrade gamble to +10 since upgrading is the most tedious and annoying part of this game and this upgrade will make it even worse while screwing the player market at the same time.

• Some classes use multiple weapons my acromaster uses 5 types of weapons(slicers, twin daggers, twin sabers, saber, dagger and wands)  and in this game you need 6 elements per weapons that means 30 weapons I will have to go through the trouble to +15 making the game more tedious than it is and just increasing my desire to just stop playing the game.

• This is even worse for players that have multiple alts and like to keep the variety by switching to other Types, for them they will have to go through the tedious task of upgrading and breaking 1000 of weapons to get 100+ of weapons to +15.
    One of the reason why I have not level up an alt or try other type is because I am still gearing up my main type class and for now not ready to +10,  10-20+ weapons again for another type and this +15 will push me even farther away to try this and will just force me to limit myself to a few weapons and types as possible.

• SPECIAL WEAPONS and other very rare weapons that are very  hard to get, imagine getting a DB SABER☆ with element 60% and the weapons breaks and you end up with a 12/15 broken weapons, in my case I would say screw it and quit the game. So this is going to screw hardcore players as well. You must be some sort of masochist if you going to try to get other DB SABER☆ with 60% element to make it 15/15.

If you want to still implement 15/15 to please a very small minority of hardcore players without screwing the market for new players and casual gamers then just make event only weapon type that can go to 15+ just as those past weapon in last year event.
    Such as:
    https://psu-clementine.net/wiki/index.php/Yohmei_Wand that could go +5.
    But don't screw the market of the rest of /U weapons for us Casual and newer players.
    We rather have good weapons like everyone else instead of having to pay premium for broken weapons and we would also have a smoother experience if we would like to try another type or alts as well by making the most tedious part of the game grinding even worse than it is, with a low population that has a market with high scarcity. 
Edited by Xeus
Only one celestial token per account.

17 minutes ago, Xeus said:

Celestella Token Weapons

if I understand right, +15 grind will be awailable for /u weapons only, celestella, customize and special are not /u

21 minutes ago, Xeus said:

last event ended where players will "Big pockets" started buying all stock in the market to resell for 4x times the price.

yeah, some of them can do that, but yet again, Bob said that drop rates for /u weapons will be rethinked, so we can only guess till release

25 minutes ago, Xeus said:

Since they rather pay 5-10 million more to avoid the upgrade gamble to +10 since upgrading is the most tedious and annoying part of this game

I can confirm, weapons 10/10 sells better, even if they're more expensive.

28 minutes ago, Xeus said:

Some classes use multiple weapons my acromaster uses 5 types of weapons(slicers, twin daggers, twin sabers, saber, dagger and wands)  and in this game you need 6 elements per weapons that means 30 weapons I will have to go through the trouble to +15 making the games more tedious than it is and just increasing my desire to just stop playing the game.

that's what Zeta said

31 minutes ago, Xeus said:

This is even worse for players that have multiple alts and like to keep the variety by switching to other Types

tbh game is already hell for alts especially when you're casual player, just doing clem camp each day and few runs outside it takes like 10 years for casual player to reach 200 on one char. Now imagine having alts here :D

Thank you for expressing your opinion, it helps to look at situation from a new angles. 
I forgot about the existence of casuals a long time ago. It seems pretty uneasy to work with such a rich playerbase of different playstyles.

3 hours ago, SHOTGUN said:

if I understand right, +15 grind will be awailable for /u weapons only, celestella, customize and special are not /u

This is just as terrible making Celestella, customize and special weapons outdated. 
I know many people who farmed very hard to farm multiple customize weapons with their skin.

One of my friend who is a triple digit ID  old player who has multiple customize weapons told me he would consider quitting the game if this get implemented.

38 minutes ago, Xeus said:

This is just as terrible making Celestella, customize and special weapons outdated. 

they will be updated with new line shields set bonuses to be stronger than it's now O_o so don't panic

Edited by SHOTGUN

1 hour ago, SHOTGUN said:

they will be updated with new line shields set bonuses to be stronger than it's now O_o so don't panic

I do  not have celestella or customize weapons, just feel bad for my friends who do.
I hope those Line Shields with set bonuses with Customize Weapons and Special Weapons come from blueprints that cost 30-40m each.
Which means 30-40m x 6 = 180m/240m 
Are celestella weapons considered customized weapons right? since they share same stats.

2 hours ago, Xeus said:

I hope those Line Shields with set bonuses with Customize Weapons and Special Weapons come from blueprints that cost 30-40m each.
Which means 30-40m x 6 = 180m/240m 

ultimate grinders will not be cheaper I guess :D idk what celestella considered to be honest, it's not custimize and not special, only devs can answer what they plan for it, if they're
we're already have such a weapons that's even harder to get and sadly they're outdated, for example divine guld and milla, yes we have guld and milla /u but it's not the same because they don't have hp steal and easier to get.
outadated gear is problem of most online games, to keep online developers forced to throw something better with each update, but on this server at least they try to make it smoother and we apreciate that

Edited by SHOTGUN

20 hours ago, Jess Victorix said:

Do alot of you really think Customize weapons are "Bad"? (Cause alot of them truly are still BIS) also read bobs post Customize weapons will be getting upgrades through line shield combos quit the doom saying.

Do you have a spreadsheet for calculating attack damage, by any chance? I used to have one prior to GAS, but since GAS things have become so much more complicated that I stopped maintaining it. Would love to see how much of a difference there is between different weapons for my AF.

On 1/28/2024 at 11:03 AM, SHOTGUN said:

ultimate grinders will not be cheaper I guess :D idk what celestella considered to be honest, it's not custimize and not special, only devs can answer what they plan for it, if they're
we're already have such a weapons that's even harder to get and sadly they're outdated, for example divine guld and milla, yes we have guld and milla /u but it's not the same because they don't have hp steal and easier to get.
outadated gear is problem of most online games, to keep online developers forced to throw something better with each update, but on this server at least they try to make it smoother and we apreciate that

Celestial weapons are literary custom weapons, except you can't put skin on them.

https://psu-clementine.net/wiki/index.php/Celestella_Luna
https://psu-clementine.net/wiki/index.php/Sunriser

https://psu-clementine.net/wiki/index.php/Daisy_Chain
https://psu-clementine.net/wiki/index.php/Celestella_Spada

Same exact stats with different skins.

PSU is based on an old game, I don't think needs new stuff that the JP severs didn't have.

Farming new gear to replace the gear that took you hard effort is not what I call "fun". 
It just more work especially for people with multiple alts or would like to have some more alts in the future.
Especially people  that invested in full set 50% element armor

I wish updates would focus on other areas, adding new npc, missions and story missions.
Since just farming gets very boring and repetitive.

Custom weapons in my opinion are /U with superior PP regen, highest att and extra bonuses that some /U do not have.
Not all of them are outdated and high PP is very good for certain classes such as Acrotecher.
Cursed Barbados is a very good weapon.
Cursed Mistilteinn is the best handgun in the game.
Mirage Crusade is very good as well if you link it with a wand.

On 2/2/2024 at 3:15 PM, Seduction said:

Why is everyone wanting to quit over not being able to repair grinds past 10? did no one ever play official?

I played official and is not the same since there were a lot more active people and bigger community and more active player market.
Right now there are only 58 people online. During events  there are more people but only in the 100's.
In my case I find the upgrade to 15/15 affects my investment.

Since I invested multiple gold bars in weapons such as Champion's Sword and Rep Yupke/U
Champion's Sword is being  downgraded since is not getting 15/15 due to not been a /U weapon, or newer set bonuses and even if it was available it would be literary impossible due to the very low supply of this weapons.
Similar case with Rep Yupe/U which is so rare you can't even find in the player market.
What are the developers going to do about weapons that don't drop in event and are not even in the market due to their severe scarcity?

I am going to wait and see. Yet I guess it's maybe time to move to another game.

On 2/2/2024 at 2:15 PM, Seduction said:

Why is everyone wanting to quit over not being able to repair grinds past 10? did no one ever play official?

Because it potentially invalidates people's current gear. People were under the impression that their 10/10 Ultimate Weapons were endgame worthy and that they wouldn't need to replace them, and now that rug might be getting pulled from under us. I personally didn't say anything about quitting, but it's not hard to see why people wouldn't be happy at the idea.

Also, official isn't much of an argument at this point. Clementine has custom missions, custom PAs, custom balance, custom mechanics, a new difficulty level, and more. This server hasn't had unrepairable grind breaks since before May 2021.

As to if 15/15 actually does invalidate people's current gear... depends. Personally, I wouldn't care if each grind above 10 is something small like +5/+10 ATP/TP, but many people are always going to want the best possible, even if the practical difference isn't huge.

Edited by Zeta

As a casual who runs around with 8/10s because I can't be bothered to deal with the already-existing annoying Break-Repair loop, the notion of getting incredibly cheap /U 14/14s off the market is somewhat appealing, even if it comes at the expense of someone else's soul being crushed in the process.

I would say though, that the idea of failing on the +9 or +10 grinds still cutting away from the maximum, irreparable grind despite not even being in the new "/U only range" of 11-15 is odd, as people who grind weapons to 10/10 now, *before* the update to those weapons having /15, can do so with a full safety net in place, while post-/15 people will be doing +9 and +10 with risk.

On 2/4/2024 at 11:59 AM, Zeta said:

Because it potentially invalidates people's current gear. People were under the impression that their 10/10 Ultimate Weapons were endgame worthy and that they wouldn't need to replace them, and now that rug might be getting pulled from under us. I personally didn't say anything about quitting, but it's not hard to see why people wouldn't be happy at the idea.

Also, official isn't much of an argument at this point. Clementine has custom missions, custom PAs, custom balance, custom mechanics, a new difficulty level, and more. This server hasn't had unrepairable grind breaks since before May 2021.

As to if 15/15 actually does invalidate people's current gear... depends. Personally, I wouldn't care if each grind above 10 is something small like +5/+10 ATP/TP, but many people are always going to want the best possible, even if the practical difference isn't huge.

I would not mind 15/15 if this game did not need 6-7 weapons per element (some people like to have a neutral too but I don't bother)

So to get a single weapon set of 15/15  would be impossible for some /U weapons due to the very low scarcity of the weapons and low server population.
Look at SangeYasha/U for example there is none in  the market only 2 shiny variants no one willing to buy.

There are people like me as well that have multiple /U weapons of the same  weapon type since those weapons in certain situation work better.
To give an example, look at daggers. In some situation  Migium/U with stun 5 would be a better choice when multiple mobs.  For single hit then  Kunai/U 32% pa would be better choice.
Then a Rappy tip/U for bosses. 

I find it very exiting and fun to get multiple weapons of same weapon type and making them 10/10 is a little tedious but Ii can always repair them.
 but now instead of having to get 50-100 weapons
I will need to get around 500-1000 weapons to +15 them........

Worse is that I would need clean unbroken weapons which are going to become more valuable than broken weapons.

On 2/5/2024 at 10:51 PM, Raynos said:

As a casual who runs around with 8/10s because I can't be bothered to deal with the already-existing annoying Break-Repair loop, the notion of getting incredibly cheap /U 14/14s off the market is somewhat appealing, even if it comes at the expense of someone else's soul being crushed in the process.

I would say though, that the idea of failing on the +9 or +10 grinds still cutting away from the maximum, irreparable grind despite not even being in the new "/U only range" of 11-15 is odd, as people who grind weapons to 10/10 now, *before* the update to those weapons having /15, can do so with a full safety net in place, while post-/15 people will be doing +9 and +10 with risk.

You are not got going to find cheap 14/14 is not going to happen.
Since they will be the equivalent of an armor with a 48-49% elemental defense.
So they would cost multiple times more than what a 10/10 sells for now.

Instead you probably going to find a cheap 11/11 or 12/12 but the price going to cost around the same of what a unbroken weapon or a 10/10 weapon cost now.
But even those casual players like you going to buy them (casuals make the majority  of playerbase in my opinion)
As well a 14/14 is the equivalent of a 9/9 now except it would cost more than buying a 10/10 now.

18 hours ago, Sin said:

I would not mind 15/15 if this game did not need 6-7 weapons per element (some people like to have a neutral too but I don't bother)

So to get a single weapon set of 15/15  would be impossible for some /U weapons due to the very low scarcity of the weapons and low server population.
Look at SangeYasha/U for example there is none in  the market only 2 shiny variants no one willing to buy.

There are people like me as well that have multiple /U weapons of the same  weapon type since those weapons in certain situation work better.
To give an example, look at daggers. In some situation  Migium/U with stun 5 would be a better choice when multiple mobs.  For single hit then  Kunai/U 32% pa would be better choice.
Then a Rappy tip/U for bosses. 

I find it very exiting and fun to get multiple weapons of same weapon type and making them 10/10 is a little tedious but Ii can always repair them.
 but now instead of having to get 50-100 weapons
I will need to get around 500-1000 weapons to +15 them........

Worse is that I would need clean unbroken weapons which are going to become more valuable than broken weapons.

Yep, that's exactly what I was saying with my first post. And the thing is, it's not just an issue of 'get from 10/10 to 15/15 without breaking' - unless something changes, you'll need vast quantities of GC and regular grinders to get each weapon to 10/10 so you can attempt 15/15. They might adjust the drop rates upwards to compensate for how many weapons you'll need for 15/15, but the resources required for 10/10 is still an issue.

Edited by Zeta

6 hours ago, Zeta said:

Yep, that's exactly what I was saying with my first post. And the thing is, it's not just an issue of 'get from 10/10 to 15/15 without breaking' - unless something changes, you'll need vast quantities of GC and regular grinders to get each weapon to 10/10 so you can attempt 15/15. They might adjust the drop rates upwards to compensate for how many weapons you'll need for 15/15, but the resources required for 10/10 is still an issue.

That is great point that did not went through my mind, the vast quantities of GC and regular grinders.
Especially since mobs never drop higher level grinders just the junk that you get when grinder material fails to produce a +8 +9 +10

Would have liked if the update/Roadmap mentioned improving server stability which is a big issue right now.

I have some friends that are tempting to stop playing even through they love the game, since they been kicked out by the server in the middle of a mission constantly.
Especially missions like GAM where you can't come back once the game crash or server kick you out.
I know how much this sucks since this was the reason why I quit playing PSO2 in Japanese servers. 
As well to add to the wound Constant server crashes where entire party gets kicked out.
I even lost a rare mission this way.

Now we have the "locked out of room" bug which is still a problem.
I know is not easy to fix but would be nice to heard, we are working on fixing issues as well other than new content.
I was told some players express their concern on this issue and were ignored on discord.

Even if it a bit improvement on stability would be great.
Stability matters multiple times more than new features since the game is already plenty of fun with the current content and I think is very well balanced.

Edited by Xeus