Matt

Are PA rates too slow?

Are PA rates too slow?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. A lot of people seem to think the current PA rates are too slow. I personally think they're fine right now, but I wanna know what the rest of the community thinks.

• Yes. PA rates are too slow
    • No. PA rates are fine
  2. 2. If you chose YES, which PAs do you think are too slow?

• Striking PAs
    • Bullet PAs
    • Tech PAs
    • N/A
    • Support Tech PAs

6 hours ago, EOS said:

Spending countless hours hitting the same enemy over and over to level a PA is not a challenge. Spending more time doing something that is not inherently challenging does not make it a challenge. Your argument is flawed.

I've never spent time leveling my PAs, I've always just leveled them as I've played, I don't just go into a mission ONLY to level PAs lmfao. Learn to play optimally I guess? 😂

7 hours ago, Aelphasy said:

You don't have to hitting the same ennemy over and over to level a PA, you have to do it to level your character, find a specific stuff you need, play with your friends. And so, the PA will up.

You have to play smart, and make things level together.

You should play Acrotecher then and level some debuffs hitting the same enemy over and over :P, i played 8+ hours yesterday with lvl 12 resta and never got a level on it. and don't get me started on Reverser in 4 days i got it to level 3 (all of this was also while playing with a full party), this is also coming from someone who spent 7+ hours leveling all buffs to 41+ in a single sitting.

1 hour ago, XxXTHEBUTCHERXx said:

You should play Acrotecher then and level some debuffs hitting the same enemy over and over :P, i played 8+ hours yesterday with lvl 12 resta and never got a level on it. and don't get me started on Reverser in 4 days i got it to level 3 (all of this was also while playing with a full party), this is also coming from someone who spent 7+ hours leveling all buffs to 41+ in a single sitting.

On specific PA, we can surely find a way to change things, so why not.  For the debuff I don't know maybe, but I have already heard that resta is painful to leveling indeed

The point is that not all PA need to see their rate increased.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I've never spent time leveling my PAs, I've always just leveled them as I've played, I don't just go into a mission ONLY to level PAs lmfao. Learn to play optimally I guess? 😂

Except that's exactly how you optimize it so you spend the least amount of time possible leveling them...

Examples:

-most ra/dam/gi techs, cast AT/fT with 1* madoog in A/S sakura blast, A1 4x/5x Booma spawn

-linear techs/lasers - sleeping warriors s2, a few seed express A1/A2; needs to be solo'd so things group properly in a line

-buff parties

-megiverse, gi techs - linear line A/S

Particularly for techs, the bonuses for leveling are huge. Many have large power notation increases, and gain a % elemental bonus based on their level, so the higher the level, the higher elemental bonus where the bonus is not noticeable at all at lv1 and huge at lv50.

It makes sense now why you seem not to care about resets since I guess you spend 0 time actually leveling your PAs? 

1 hour ago, milranduil said:

Except that's exactly how you optimize it so you spend the least amount of time possible leveling them...

Don't you think it's more optimal to level 3 things at once? EXP, MP, and PA? 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Don't you think it's more optimal to level 3 things at once? EXP, MP, and PA? 

Not for techs, lv 1-20 their range/AoE is abysmal. 

Edited by milranduil

1 hour ago, Aelphasy said:

On specific PA, we can surely find a way to change things, so why not.  For the debuff I don't know maybe, but I have already heard that resta is painful to leveling indeed

The point is that not all PA need to see their rate increased.

i agree with you 100%

What I usually do is play normally, and then stop using a tech when it reaches level 50. At some point when I only have a small handful of techs left, and am unable to contribute to the party because of it, I will solo to finish them off.

Is exp gain vanilla? I think it's fine the way it is. You can't make things too easy otherwise you'll lose players quickly because everyone will have done everything they need to do very quickly. Considering PA's level caps are very small compared to player level caps I think the exp rates shouldn't be any quicker.

2 hours ago, Tes said:

Is exp gain vanilla? I think it's fine the way it is. You can't make things too easy otherwise you'll lose players quickly because everyone will have done everything they need to do very quickly. Considering PA's level caps are very small compared to player level caps I think the exp rates shouldn't be any quicker.

It emulates vanilla, but a vocal minority seems to believe it's slower than vanilla. 

On 4/27/2019 at 10:28 PM, Matt said:

Just because you don't have time to play a game doesn't mean things should be given out to you for free. MMOs are always about working for your progress. If you're busy all the time then it's tough shit imo. 

I personally feel this post should be placed in a lot of other recent threads...

2 hours ago, Tes said:

Personally am fine with PA rates. With that said, my experiences so far are from gunner perspective: the twin bullet PAs and Rifle PAs are the only thing I would complain about. And even the complaint can be brush off. 

My opinion: You’re going to lose players if there’s no proper progression curve to hook them in period. I made huge test with old friends and invited some that have played retail (we all play JP, as we are JP) and more than half quit after first 2 days. Also most of us now adult and don’t have 600-800 hours to dump on game and most of them said this the reason.

・ About TECNIC
At present, I think Reverser and Buff should lower their required experience points
Certainly buff PT may be correct as a community, but it should not be considered on the basis
Their growth should take place during normal combat

It should be reduced for Reverser, which is less frequently used than Resta

In vanilla and offline, the growth rate was slower than clementine but was moderated somewhat by the companion NPC

※ This plan is only a temporary measure until NPC can join.
Note that the rate needs to be adjusted again if NPC and PT can be combined in the future

Edited by suou_t

hi matt want give you an update, I done some a 6 player buff party Its seem that buff exp are not as hard as I thought, but I did notices that Foie, diga , zonde are bit slower, but other tech like GI, RA AND NA are working okay because I was spamming the tech spell at Sleeping warrior S2 but other stuff those feel alot slower like Bow bullet and Shotgun bullet, I was testing on my ranger and I done like 7 runs in a mission and I had it at level 1 to 4 , I had done this on unsafe passage on A rank from the pannon 

Honestly I dunno why people want to increase the PA rate when basically anyone with a little of effort can take the PAs (At least talking about Striking ones) at lvl 21 in 2-3 weeks. More than it should require more effort since certain PAs from a certainn lvl will get huge buffs rather than the others which rythm are the same than another ones.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:22 PM, Tes said:

people seem to forget that PA rates were buffed by a factor of 2x or more on retail more than once. sega recognized that PAs should require effort but not to the extent that they were taking and i very much agree with that.

Edited by milranduil