Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some suggestions based on 200 hours of clem gameplay

Noitcudes

Just gonna throw out a few suggestions, and let people do with them what they want.

Suggestion 1: Fixing new player retention

Problem: New players often find themselves alone or in very small numbers in comparison to the amount of 150's running around, and struggle to find groups for missions. This more than likely hurts retention

Fix: Implement an in-house system where a high level player can "mentor" low level players, which would result in them receiving meseta for each mission they do to help a low level player. This would make up for their profit loss for taking time out of their grind to help a lowbie. I know this would more than likely be hard to code into the game, so it would probably have to be an honor system ex: Run missions with low level, at the end, ask low level to clarify that he ran X missions to help, screenshot it, post it in a channel in discord called "Mentor screenshots" and then a mod or someone can pay them out the meseta at a later time or something, or maybe guardians cash. (i.e. 25 bonus guardians cash per mission or 50k meseta)

Suggestion 2: Cyclone Dance dmg output buff

Problem: Cyclone Dance feels god awful for the amount of PA frags + A blank disc that you spend on it. Spiral dance outclasses it on every level, especially since the just attack animation for double-saber is 100% garbage and noone wants to do it for cyclone dance

Solution: Increase damage output, or add a 2nd/3rd part to cyclone dance that extends the spinning animation, allowing us 2 chances to chain Just Attacks in to increase the damage output.

Suggestion 3: Rare drop problems (This is a very heated topic on discord almost daily, so it clearly needs to be addressed in some way)

Problem: SR/UR Drops are just too damn hard to find without committing 16+ hours a day to the game, and even then, it's still rough out here for most of us

Solution: Mission spotlights. Every weekend, spotlight a few missions and double their drop rates for the weekend (i.e. 1/2500 becomes 1/1250). Have it start Friday at 12pm EST, and end Sunday at 11:59pm EST. This will promote grouping, and also help lower levels group up to get the increased drops from the lower tier missions, which is a 2 birds 1 stone scenario. While this will put more rare items into the game and reduce their cost a bit, as the spotlight shifts each week, those items will find their way back to being "rare" again after the surge of drops loses attention for the next target.

• 1 month later...

There was a large list of items that the PSUC team was going to be working on and these issues were addressed on there, however I'm having difficulties finding atm. For now, I will answer with what I know has been talked about before for possible solutions (nothing is guaranteed however,)

There was talk about giving new accounts a set of meseta/items/boosts/etc. to help with the initial grind. Also, people suggested removing level requirements to missions so that lower levels can play higher level missions with others. We're aware that would allow for power leveling, however the problem that arose would be that people would lock their parties more to keep lower levels out, so this was an inconclusive answer.
As far as incentivizing people to help out newbies, there was nothing that was agreed upon that would convince enough players to do so. For now, it's only from those who decide to spend their time helping others out of the goodness of their hearts.

This is very specific issue that only pertains to a select group of players, but feel free to make a separate forum topic to discuss this further. 

Suggestion 3: Rare drop problems

"Missions spotlights" are basically what everyone's dailies are. You get boosts for taking down specific mobs/bosses. The idea of mission specific boosts for everyone I believe is possible, but would require a manual update each time, so not sure how much time the team is willing to sacrifice to do this.
For drop rates, it's the Goldilocks issue. There really is no "just right" rate for rares. Luck will always be apart of it and everyone thinks they are cursed in some way or another. Discussing this issue on here or bugging the team will help not fix the problem. Making your issues known about this is fair, but please understand that it's an issue everyone has in some way or another.

Hope this helped you out a little, and thanks for your input.

Suggesting solutions will always be better than yelling on discord, so thank you for that.

Idk about the mentor idea. Don't really like it.

For cyclone dance and overall balance, think we now need to wait both S4 and GAS to have a more clear view of everything and fix all in once, but guessing you probably right for that specific PA.

For mission spotlights, thats idea as already been shared, and its a good one. Basically, its also something that could help for the "player retention issue" since it allow to concentrate people on one mission. But for rate it self, I'd prefer that they stay the same (and even harder for BiS) but with a solid pity system (like +0.5% every 50 runs, reseted when you loot, clunky and just random numbers, just to give an idea)

On 1/8/2022 at 3:49 PM, Seority said:

There was a large list of items that the PSUC team was going to be working on and these issues were addressed on there, however I'm having difficulties finding atm. For now, I will answer with what I know has been talked about before for possible solutions (nothing is guaranteed however,)

There was talk about giving new accounts a set of meseta/items/boosts/etc. to help with the initial grind. Also, people suggested removing level requirements to missions so that lower levels can play higher level missions with others. We're aware that would allow for power leveling, however the problem that arose would be that people would lock their parties more to keep lower levels out, so this was an inconclusive answer.
As far as incentivizing people to help out newbies, there was nothing that was agreed upon that would convince enough players to do so. For now, it's only from those who decide to spend their time helping others out of the goodness of their hearts.

This is very specific issue that only pertains to a select group of players, but feel free to make a separate forum topic to discuss this further. 

Suggestion 3: Rare drop problems

"Missions spotlights" are basically what everyone's dailies are. You get boosts for taking down specific mobs/bosses. The idea of mission specific boosts for everyone I believe is possible, but would require a manual update each time, so not sure how much time the team is willing to sacrifice to do this.
For drop rates, it's the Goldilocks issue. There really is no "just right" rate for rares. Luck will always be apart of it and everyone thinks they are cursed in some way or another. Discussing this issue on here or bugging the team will help not fix the problem. Making your issues known about this is fair, but please understand that it's an issue everyone has in some way or another.

Hope this helped you out a little, and thanks for your input.

Yeah this post was made almost a month ago and was just never approved, after recent issues with Marmy leaving and Gnome taking over and all the drama over drops that has ensued since, I probably never would have even posted this lol. Im more than content with clementine the way it is now, as it is just a nostalgia game for me and i love it no matter what.