Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Issue with the forum

Fruzsina

Hi guys ^_^

A few days ago i've been struggling with the forum, in a very severe way.

I couldn't answer on mails, and i couldn't make any post about it.I've been ask around in the game, and eventually @Adooma's assist, i could make my account working, by using a private window. But this is just a temporal solution in my book, but a solution none the less. 💖

But if someone else dealing with this issue, the temporaly fix is at hand ^_^

I suspect it's the update, Adooma suspect it could be the cookies. But possibily both?

Anyways, be good ^_^

So you can only post or DM when you're in incognito mode? I haven't had anyone else complain to me about issues like this, but if clearing your cookies and whatnot doesn't help... er, let me know, I guess? Although I'm not sure why that would be.

Does it give you any kind of error when you try to do these things?

It appiers to be the situation i worry...

I've asked a friend of mine, on how should i clean cookies, not so long ago after i talk with Adooma. And to my friend's advise i've used this tool called C-cleaner, made sure i check cookies, and then run it. and the case is still there...

There's no error messages  or anything abnormal expect... it's just feels like if my message/post simply not arrive from A to B ^_^*

I can't drag the picture evidence (i believe it is because of the incognito mode), so i can only provide screenshot through a link.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/36pyyeu0mmj06p5/Issue.jpg/file

That this thing only shows up when i tried to start a new conversation with someone.
It spins for eternity, i've waited over 10 minutes and nothing happend, while in incognito, it's almost instant.

If i try to answer on a mail, or open a topic, it's just the same. expect, no spinny thing, just waiting (for nothing).

However i can use the forum without issue in incognito, so if no one else has this kind of issue, i can live with it. Not a big problem, altough.... send/post pictures will be anoying from my end

Posted (edited)

After browser reinstall the DM went well... Let's see if i can answer here....

Edit:  Looks like what ever went wrong with my browser, a reinstall helped ^_^
Altough, i still can't attach pictures, but that's a tomorrow problem i guess^_^

Edited by Fruzsina

22 hours ago, Fruzsina said:

Well the solution of reinstall the browswer were  short lived....

it's glitching again :/

Could it be a reason, that i use firefox?

I'd suggested completely deleting all cookies for JUST this website (Clementine Forum).

Here is one of the websites that explains how to do it for firefox, lower down on the linked to page.

https://www.beacontechnologies.com/blog/2012/10/clearing-cookies-from-just-one-site.aspx

If you do the above (or use other instruction guides) to remove the cookies for just this forum. I wonder what you might do, to initiate the glitch.

Posted (edited)

Okay so i've checked this thing you've mention with the link and i could find 17 süti (aka cookie) linked to psu-clementine.net. So i've deleted them.

Since i can't send attachment like before, i'll send the media with mediafire... i think i might be able to send it with url that way....

Before delete the cookies

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9ur1upvc37bhaor/before.jpg/file

after delete the cookies

https://www.mediafire.com/file/22ja5ta7dur5z0q/after.jpg/file

(Currently logged in normally,  fingers crossed it's not a one time solution! So after this post, i relog, and try to edit it asap.

Edit: Fingers crossed

Edit 2: The solution seem to be "work" but i did a trouble shoot, and closed the firefox. when i rurn it back on, the thing is still an issue. So it must be something on my end i guess....

Edited by Fruzsina

SPECULATION:

Maybe, if you are posting lots of pictures, downloads, sending many forum emails (PMs), etc etc. Which is GOOD for the forum and the games success. You are possibly exceeding one or more of the limits (unwritten/undocumented as regards the normal forum users), which is perhaps causing the forum software (server) and its associated software to temporarily limit your activities, in some/all areas.

A bit like my thread, where the 'forum' didn't like the number of 'likes' I sometimes made, in some threads.

So, if you are a VERY active/enthusiastic member. You could be hitting/exceeding some of those limits, and (perhaps) the forum is using some aspects of the cookies to help control/limit these things.

Hence by blocking cookies (private/incognito mode) and/or deleting them, it temporarily delays the system noticing/remembering you have already reached those limits or something.

N.B. Above is speculation, as I did not write/create/setup or help with this forum.

Edited by Adooma

I'm almost certain it's not the case, because when i've made a secound account, to test such theory. The same issue happend asap...
So there's something technical issue i'm dealing with, by the way.... ummm..... just to make sure... You can drag  media materials into your posts/DM? Such like a screenshot or anything like it?

Anyways... it's odd that only This site i having issue with.... The game is fine, other pages are fine as well.. only the forum is struggle (ever since the update) to work, without roundabouts....

I guess when there's a new  update happen, the issue fix itself? But i currently feel like a little piece of sand in a clockwork machine :*D

By the way the issue is with the this account (Well as the freshly created)

• incognito mode only
  • cannot attach media materials anymore.

And uhhh.... Even in incognito mode i can't attach media materials, unless i get my previous uploads.
(And no, when i get  on my new account, i don't see the option available for uploading media materials, unless i pick  the pick: "Insert image from URL"

15 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

I'm almost certain it's not the case, because when i've made a secound account, to test such theory. The same issue happend asap...

The forum software (server) and maybe backend systems, are possibly using your IP address, and noticing that it has reached/exceeded one or more limits. Which is what it is starting to look like, to me. 

Some of those limits (in general), can be fairly silent (no error messages).

I've experienced similar things, on other websites myself.

EDIT:

These limits can be tied in to IP addresses, to stop attackers from attempting to over load the server, and other abuses. (Not in your case).

Edited by Adooma

What might confirm the theory, is to use a method that changes your IP address (there are free services that do this), and try what DIDN'T work on your new, second account. I suspect it would then work.

Potentially confirming that the forum server(s), are imposing limits and/or dislike/errors when you try to upload more stuff (or whatever triggers your problems).

To put it another way. The main connection between your original account and the new second account, is your common IP address. Otherwise, it wouldn't know you are the same user.

Edited by Adooma

Well in that case it would make sense in it's unique way.... i assume....

Because i have over 357 (358 if we're counting this one), and several of them has many many pictures.
Yet i don't understand, when i made a new account in incognito, why is it restrict me from sending post pictures with the post and/or DM.
Or better yet.... Why is it let me post/DM but restrain from sending screenshots? (without forced to upload them to a third party site.) I don't get it ^_^*

Because before the issue, i could just simply drag it, or click a button, and then find the said material.

15 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

Well in that case it would make sense in it's unique way.... i assume....

Because i have over 357 (358 if we're counting this one), and several of them has many many pictures.
Yet i don't understand, when i made a new account in incognito, why is it restrict me from sending post pictures with the post and/or DM.
Or better yet.... Why is it let me post/DM but restrain from sending screenshots? (without forced to upload them to a third party site.) I don't get it ^_^*

Because before the issue, i could just simply drag it, or click a button, and then find the said material.

A simple post (text), link(s), text emails (PMs etc), need hardly any disk space (in general). But other file formats, such as pictures/images and especially videos (the video themselves, NOT links), can use up massively more space (Bytes).

E.g. this message is probably going to be around 1,000 bytes (1K) or a few Kilobytes.

But even a somewhat short video could be 50,000,000 bytes (50 Mb) (or 52,428,800 if you are pedantic about 50 MB). Pictures can be a few million bytes, depending on size, resolution and compression type used.

Edited by Adooma

22 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

Can i ask a little favor?

Can you send me a picture of your forum when you type a post? Like only the chat box would be available to see, as a reference, i send this....

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pfgta5590fhnbrc/post_box.jpg/file

It seems to have changed (the forum), so it doesn't seem let me attach (upload) my own images, anymore.

I don't remember seeing any announcement about that change.

50 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

Is that a glitch then?

With a quick look. It would seem the entire forum has been moved to a new platform, which seems to have reduced functionality. I'm convinced there use to be a 50 megabyte upload capability on each post, and perhaps other, possibly reduced functionality.

3 minutes ago, Adooma said:

I'm convinced there use to be a 50 megabyte upload capability on each post

From 50 megabyte to nothing? That's dosen't looks smart, but prehaps it's cheaper that way? Still... i mean i can use my picture library (aka the ones i uploaded for my previous posts)