Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rare bosses?

Redtear

Since we have rare enemies and had ( boss triggers on pso2 I know it’s a different game) but I think it could be cool to be able to get a rare boss for a slightly better chance to either get the secret rare or something along those lines. 

I like this idea, Like give it a different color,  Slightly higher hp, more damage, maybe a different attack pattern from its original form thats more violent overall.. (however flying bosses suck and drags the fight out.)

This was pretty common on PSOBB, particularly in EP4, there were 3 different versions of the boss there, St. Million, Kondrieu and Shambertin.

They all fought in similar patterns, but Shambertin was the rarest, toughest and longest fight of them all. 

Also in the ultimate difficulty, you fought Ultimate versions of the same bosses, like in the mines in EP1 with Vol Opt -> Vol Opt V.2.

They were physically and stat buffed, also their natural element usually changed, which means what tactics for that boss worked before was thrown right out the door when facing their ultimate variant.

Basically, these bosses were hard to get to show up and quite hard to beat, which is why they are ULTIMATE variants.

When they did show up, you had best bring your A game, a plan and lots of well equipped help along with you or you will DIE.

*edit*

OH yea, I forgot to mention!  I got to face the rare Big Varder boss variant on vanilla PSO2 this weekend for the first time, King Varder!

He's a roving, moving battle platform, with massive amounts of ordinance to bear on a target, boss of the Underground Mines on the planet Lillipa.

I stomped him real good with my Phantom class, hehe. (I'm at level 92, using a bunch of nice, high-end rifles ^_^ ) 

He was a bit more difficult, but I'm too high level for it to really make a difference. (max difficulty @ Super Hard, level 65?)

But yea, I'd enjoy seeing some of this on PSU, when I get high enough level to properly face them that is. *facepalm*

Edited by Trigunman

@Redtear I think the idea is lovely, and even manageable. If the textures can be recoloured. and create a new entity for each boss... However, i wonder what the general opinion would say on how their risk/reward system should work. We cannot give them way too much power, because it would ruin the  solo character's experience. We cannot give them way too good drops as well either, it would make one farm them specifically for the loot.

If i would bring this up, i would give them a moderate health bonus, and better loot chanse and/or more boxes in the end.

On 8/16/2021 at 6:40 PM, Trigunman said:

This was pretty common on PSOBB, particularly in EP4, there were 3 different versions of the boss there, St. Million, Kondrieu and Shambertin.

Yeah but they have different body to begin with, that if we can add a retextured version, then i think it could be possible.

Unfortunately there's no apparent way to have more or reskinned bosses, so having it be visually obvious that it's a rare variant might be difficult. Back end I could work some kind of magic to change the behavior of certain bosses if they're considered "rare", but not really sure how far something like that could go... Outside of giving it more HP or buffing other stats. Adding more boxes dynamically wouldn't work, but spawning items where the boss died, or near the crystal, might be a solution.

Sucks because there's not much room for something like an Ultimate Mode, as cool as it might be. Reskinning certain areas is doable, but enemies not so much. At best we have contamination variants of some enemies, and the alternate models (Pannon, Bel Pannon).

I suppose with some kind of magic, we could put De Ragnus into the De Ragan arena, but yeah... boundaries and mission edits.

1 hour ago, Marmalade said:

Unfortunately there's no apparent way to have more or reskinned bosses, so having it be visually obvious that it's a rare variant might be difficult.

I don't think the idea would be bad for it, i mean. With time an d patience, there might be a work around, and then at one point we could understand and/or harvest the mesh files out of the database. And prehaps add custom ones later.

For example... With Dulk's mesh, in Mother Bran's chamber, we could get Father brain? Which can go back  with.... Dame Fukis? (That would be Dulk's rare name with Mother brain's mesh.)

1 hour ago, Marmalade said:

I suppose with some kind of magic, we could put De Ragnus into the De Ragan arena, but yeah... boundaries and mission edits.

That would be a little silly, in my head, if such way we would add the rare bosses

De ragaon <-> Zoul Goug
De Ragnus <-> Alteraz
Onmagoug <-> Dimmagolus
Adahna D. <-> Magas R.
Mother Brain  <-> Dulk Fakis
De Rol Le <-> Dark Falz
Dulk 2nd <-> Falz 2nd

Each boss could get a "unique" rare boss.