Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suggestion: Player Retention

Syn

The current state of PSUC leaves a bit to be desired when it comes to new player acquisition & retention.

I personally think it's great that we have an EXP catch-up boost, and it's quite a great step in the right direction.

However, I think more could be done to encourage player retention. 

Proposition #1:

When I look at the title rewards for class levels (5, 10, 15, 20 specifically) I'm... underwhelmed. Power Ranger suits and cheerleading outfits? Terribad weapons that are instantly outclassed by cheap alternatives? I think title rewards are a really cool idea that can be really rewarding, but this feels like a novelty function in it's current state.

Lets get these new players STOKED to be progressing through this slots simulator!

Grant them an untradeable variant of a half-decent weapon, but nothing that comes close to competing with current BIS. Especially early on (lv5). (if this seems too OP, give them a "Replica" version with reduced PP/ATP, reduced requirements to equip)

Example: 

Lv 5 Fighgunner: Twin Kunai

Lv 10 FG: Twin Cyal

Lv 15 FG: Vivienne

Lv 20 FG: S-Beat Dagger

*Again, all of these weapons would be untradeable variants.

Rationale: This gives new players a taste of what's to come, without inserting a bunch of items into the economy and devaluing current content.

Proposition #2:

I propose an overhaul to the prototype system. I suggest that instead of adding yet another layer of RNG, make it so all (or specifically selected weapons) have the ability to gain one modifier (the current variants are great for this) at the owner's discretion. Make it so it has a tiered effect. For example, A rifle could add a modifier to extend the range by 5%, then 10%, 15%, 20%, etc. up to a decided limit. But, only one modifier can be applied. Each time you want to apply/enhance a modifier, it requires going to a trade-in mission with use of materials. However, I suggest these materials be untradeable, given by dailies/weeklies, with an option to drop globally or at end boxes. Make weapons that have a modifier untradeable, with an option to remove the modifier to become tradeable again.

I'd like to emphasize that these modifiers should not provide a significant advantage, unless the requirements to obtain the significant advantage are challenging enough.

Rationale: I love this game, but there's entirely TOO much RNG and inflated market values associated with prototypes. This gives new players incentives to do dailies/weeklies, does not inject hyper-inflated items into the economy, and allows new players to gain incremental power as they play. 

I've tried to think about these suggestions within the confines of what I believe? to be possible for the development team, but if something sounds out of reach, feel free to point it out.

Looks like today i'm going to replay with downer posts, but ... one point i can agree....

The early title system is not too exciting.But again, the pajama (aka the power ranger set) and the cheerleader set can be used as an armor bot food, i guess? But yeah this one point i feel it could be better, however, most everyone (i assume) redeemed their title reward of these all, I can hardly imagine to see that this would be changed because of it. Unless those whom already redeemed their rewards could redeem the "new" bonus.

14 minutes ago, Syn said:

I propose an overhaul to the prototype system. I suggest that instead of adding yet another layer of RNG

I'm aganst of that.... simply because the system give me headache to even think i would have to check the wiki every time to see what tier did i found of a certain weapon!

Before confusion

Mobius Drill:

rng.jpg.2043a71ac2ac98f434233e092ed2ac92.jpg

This one could be easy to identify, yes?

But if you check the B rank wands, you can then see, that they would start with "C-" and then the prototype stuff

So if the name get modified on certain weapons, it  would be almost impossible to identify.... unless.... you would mean like

MD-AR1f03-3?  as like a tier 3 prototype?

But then again..... incrase a weapons dmg amplify value too high, with  say that 20%? i feel that the one hit kill effect will going to happen.
Same i can tell with weapon percent! Such as  giving it 50+20=70? That can overpower most anything! Especially if it's a really good weapon!

If we ever touch the system, i'd say.... instand of only pure RNG.... Make it a meseta drain! Invent Kubara Walna/Ork! (or some like it) An extreme rare and/or S3 super rare+ item, which can could be also buyable for say 10 mill-25mill Meseta / each

And then, like when you grind the weapon. You would have to pick a normal weapon, Add Kubara Walna, and then make the turn that weapon into a random (but same weapon) prototype.  And use Kubara Ork, to add the ""modifier""

And yeah ^_^ One thing i like from here ^_^ To make it unable to trade with players. (but i wonder if that would make it literally unsellable. IF t hat's the case, you'll get clogged inventory eventually.

But this idea sounds even worse.... So i don't know...

I tend to agree with the prototypes, I think we don't need an additional level of RNG : on the other hand I think we need a money sink, so transform an OG weapon into proto should cost "a lot". Too much RNG killz RNG, and thats why tickets from past even were neat.

What I have also noticed is that the new players are lost and don't know where to go : think the good remedy for that is a weekly hotspot for C - A rank (and C - S rank when the cap will be the real cap); it brings people together and has a common mission for all. A mission, or a selection of them, idk.

Edited by Aelphasy

For clarification on the prototype overhaul suggestion - The different prototype effects would remain in the game, but no weapon would ever drop with a variant. Instead you would take any weapon to a trade-in mission and choose from attack range, no variance, enhanced element, or damage amplification as your sole modifier on the weapon. The item requirements and resulting enhancement can vary depending on the enhancement and tier. Meaning: different enhancements could be capped differently and have differing costs.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:14 AM, Syn said:

instead of adding yet another layer of RNG, make it so all (or specifically selected weapons) have the ability to gain one modifier (the current variants are great for this) at the owner's discretion. Make it so it has a tiered effect. For example, A rifle could add a modifier to extend the range by 5%, then 10%, 15%, 20%, etc. up to a decided limit. But, only one modifier can be applied. Each time you want to apply/enhance a modifier, it requires going to a trade-in mission with use of materials. However, I suggest these materials be untradeable, given by dailies/weeklies, with an option to drop globally or at end boxes. Make weapons that have a modifier untradeable, with an option to remove the modifier to become tradeable again.

For #2, adding special properties was actually done before with Customize Service. I guess the only question is whether the scripting is possible.