Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Prototypes?

Fruzsina

Posted (edited)

Hi

Is it worth to buy/sell/use NV prototype?
Accroding to my tiny brain, and my understanding, it forces a weapon to become neutral, right?
Which is odd, i tought the higher the %, the better the weapon o.o But i could be wrong there, so i hope someone know what's the catch with them ^_^
Or maybe is it intended to be like that? :3

Edit: Reworked, renamed topic ^_^*

Edited by Fruzsina
Remastered

Posted (edited)

I wondering eversince the prototype weapons got added, would the armors have prototype versions later too?
Such like... improved def, mst, or eva, maybe +1 end? And super rarely, an in-built resist unit prehaps (of course it cannot be any of these: buffs, debuffs, and incap)?

Any answer is welcome

Edit: No longer off topic, okay maybe it is, but not in my book anymore ^_^

Edited by Fruzsina

• Fruzsina changed the title to Prototypes?
  • Silver Supporter

The NV prototype gives the weapon a Variance value of zero, and doesn't affect the elemental percentage at all.

https://psu-clementine.net/wiki/index.php/Prototype_Weapons_System

Variance is what causes the varying damage numbers when using a weapon - if you've ever used an Ank Piko you'll have noticed that its damage numbers are effectively completely random. Reducing Variance to 0 means that you'll hit the same amount of damage with each hit.

Ohhh i see, i misunderstood it then ^_^* Well, in that case it's sounds good after all ^_^

So as like next attemt to understand ^_^*
If i have that very ank piko, you've example with. Would it then always have always the highest damage possible, if i get one with that bonus?

Now i feel sort of stupid, for misunderstand it in such way. ^_^*

Thank you for the answer. ❤️

• Silver Supporter

Functionally, yeah - the variance calculation (https://psu-clementine.net/wiki/index.php/Formulae) takes the maximum possible damage, then determines a variance value at random within the variance value of the weapon, and then subtracts that from the max damage. So a weapon with NV would perform find the max damage, and then subtract zero from it, which means that it always outputs the max damage value.