Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Laundry list of things I'd like to see some degree of change for.

Raetherin

I don't know a good way to phrase my initial thoughts other than working with the current experience rate is awful to work with at the moment, it feels like a second job.

The recent daily/weekly missions were a step in the right direction, for rewarding more experience via boosters.
I don't mind the MP grind nearly as much, since it doesn't gate you out of higher rank quests and content.

I remember the middle to late game (A-S/S2) being much more fun than the early game.
With the recent updates and advent of prototype weapons, it feels the worst it's ever been not being at endgame on Clementine.

With that being said, i'd like to see some form of change to the accessibility of endgame:

• An exceptionally better exp curve until you make it to entry S rank missions 70-80, more people doing more current content seems like a wonderful idea.
  • Lower/No Level requirement for quests so you can play higher rank quests if you can manage to kill the mobs in the quest
  • More well defined levelling quests
  • More reasonable equipment drops for missions of their respective ranks (some C rank quests can drop up to A rank weapons. Despite this, some B Rank quests don't even drop B rank equipment to use.)

The con(s) of aforementioned suggested changes, off the top of my head:

• While I don't think it's inherently bad, there could be an oversaturation of players at the later ranks of quests.
  • People may want to just buy carries/powerleveling or sell them, and that may not be healthy, not sure.
  • I can't think of a problem for this one
  • Maybe meseta inflation? I'm not proposing a better drop rate, just a more tuned equipment pool for the quests I do.

I will add and or change suggestions as time goes on, and am open to suggestions to further refine these ideas into something more broadly pleasing.

26935298_128(6).png.a17b7c43ec5aa9d20f83f7ae6ce15446.png

exp curve was already adjusted twice, dynamic exp curve was added, there's nothing to do in this game if leveling will be fully removed.

1 hour ago, Raetherin said:
  • An exceptionally better exp curve until you make it to entry S rank missions 70-80, more people doing more current content seems like a wonderful idea.
  • Lower/No Level requirement for quests so you can play higher rank quests if you can manage to kill the mobs in the quest
  • More reasonable equipment drops for missions of their respective ranks (some C rank quests can drop up to A rank weapons. Despite this, some B Rank quests don't even drop B rank equipment to use.)

and free ice cream.

8 minutes ago, SHOTGUN said:

26935298_128(6).png.a17b7c43ec5aa9d20f83f7ae6ce15446.png

exp curve was already adjusted twice, dynamic exp curve was added, there's nothing to do in this game if leveling will be fully removed.

and free ice cream.

I think you might have misread. He didn't say remove leveling. just make it easier for people to get to 70-80. 

10 minutes ago, SHOTGUN said:

I didn't say anything about removing leveling, I just don't think the game needs to be this much of a job to get to the level to do decent content.

I don't like this idea and its going mess up waves of content of mission being released. Its fine the way it is.

We have Fantastic Voyage that is good on leveling but in the future they make a Mission spotlight to help with that.

They already added this type of system which it help the player to catch up but it will stop at LV85 "n experience boost has been implemented which will increase experience gain by 50% on a decreasing curve based on the player's current level and the current level cap minus 15. For a LV100 cap, the experience boost stops at LV85. As the player gets closer to 85, the experience boost decreases.

1 minute ago, Killroy said:

I don't like this idea and its going mess up waves of content of mission being released. Its fine the way it is.

We have Fantastic Voyage that is good on leveling but in the future they make a Mission spotlight to help with that.

They already added this type of system which it help the player to catch up but it will stop at LV85 "n experience boost has been implemented which will increase experience gain by 50% on a decreasing curve based on the player's current level and the current level cap minus 15. For a LV100 cap, the experience boost stops at LV85. As the player gets closer to 85, the experience boost decreases.

• In original PSU, there were a few quests that didn't have level requirements, regardless of rank.
  • A mission spotlight, or a boosted event quest for the day/week would be cool.
  • 50% of nothing is still nothing unfortunately, the base exp values are too low.

6 minutes ago, Raetherin said:
  • In original PSU, there were a few quests that didn't have level requirements, regardless of rank.
  • A mission spotlight, or a boosted event quest for the day/week would be cool.
  • 50% of nothing is still nothing unfortunately, the base exp values are too low.

We not following the original server since clementine is going be his own thing and they going stay with Level requirement.  

Event mission is happening on monday look foward to that.

I don't want the grind be taken away since I enjoy PSU as grindy game and I literally don't care if im behind since I manage to catch up on content if I have busy week at work. I still play 6-8 hrs a day when i get off from work so I have no problem with leveling.

50% is still helpful imo. You can stack that with a EXP boost from reward Guardian quest system.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Killroy said:

We not following the original server since clementine is going be his own thing and they going stay with Level requirement.  

Event mission is happening on monday look foward to that.

I don't want the grind be taken away since I enjoy PSU as grindy game and I literally don't care if im behind since I manage to catch up on content if I have busy week at work. I still play 6-8 hrs a day when i get off from work so I have no problem with leveling.

50% is still helpful imo. You can stack that with a EXP boost from reward Guardian quest system.

I am willing to deal with the level cap on missions, i just want to be able to meet the caps easier.

Huge

I think there's plenty of things to grind for now, 10/10 ing new prototypes, levelling masters, etc.

I don't disagree that it is helpful. I just strongly believe that it's just not enough.

Edited by Raetherin

9 minutes ago, Raetherin said:

I am willing to deal with the level cap on missions, i just want to be able to meet the caps easier.

Huge

I think there's plenty of things to grind for now, 10/10 ing new prototypes, levelling masters, etc.

I don't disagree that it is helpful. I just strongly believe that it's just not enough.

Save those rare mission to get capped for next level cap lol.

Of course but I want them to enjoy the game and not rush things. Having everything you wanted for like a couple days and week. you pretty much done with the game. I like to take my time

So you telling me you want similarity to rare mission boost? Some people don't want to LEVEL too fast. its going ruined progression for leveling types and PAs together. You be like LV85 with B or A rank gears with 21+ PAs. Theres gotta be a balance between them.

6 minutes ago, Killroy said:

Of course but I want them to enjoy the game and not rush things. Having everything you wanted for like a couple days and week. you pretty much done with the game. I like to take my time

So you telling me you want similarity to rare mission boost? Some people don't want to LEVEL too fast. its going ruined progression for leveling types and PAs together. You be like LV85 with B or A rank gears with 21+ PAs. Theres gotta be a balance between them.

Everyone's entitled to enjoy the game their own way, no problem there. I think with all the new gear to get, there's plenty to do with all the other things you can already grind out.

I don't see the problem with getting everyone to s rank quests faster. I don't think it'll ruin the progression for levelling either leveling PAs, Techs, or Types at all, you get MP from any quest you do, would you not benefit more from being able to run a higher rank quest..? In addition to that, You can easily get better gears than what you can farm just by looking around the right player shops. 

I personally see it so that you don't know anything about the current game game, you have not familiarized yourself with the drop system, area drops, changes in server economy, have not familiarized yourself with the latest patch notes, we don't need players who cannot change the photon art at high difficulties as well as leachers and rmt trains. 

19 minutes ago, SHOTGUN said:

I personally see it so that you don't know anything about the current game game, you have not familiarized yourself with the drop system, area drops, changes in server economy, have not familiarized yourself with the latest patch notes, we don't need players who cannot change the photon art at high difficulties as well as leachers and rmt trains. 

....What?

Well, for players who are short on time to play, it might be worth offering more boosted weekends\boost hours\mission spotlight, but total requirement removal is not good. This will not lead to anything good, this was already at the test.

2 minutes ago, SHOTGUN said:

Well, for players who are short on time to play, it might be worth offering more boosted weekends\boost hours\mission spotlight, but total requirement removal is not good. This will not lead to anything good, this was already at the test.

Like i said before, I wouldn't mind the level requirement if it was easier to hit. But having more event boosts would be wonderful.

I see posts like this and I am just extremely puzzled by them. My experience of things is quite the opposite - leveling is easy.  You hit up Fantastic Voyage and the exp just flies. I even went 97->98 on Fantastic Voyage *B* while leveling my Assault Crush. Patches happen, and people hit the new level cap the day after - maybe a few days for more casual players. And now they just introduced the catchup boost and the 25% exp tickets.

7 hours ago, Raetherin said:

Rushing people through the early difficulties will make the experience worse for new players, as will removing level requirements. The game is currently well designed in that it eases new players into it, and ramps things up over time. I've already touched on this in a different thread, so rather than repeat myself I'll just link the post: 

Having another mission or two on par with Fantastic Voyage's exp would be great. I'd love to see this too, though I imagine creating and balancing new missions isn't an easy task for the dev team.

Can't argue with this one. New players are generally lacking in resources (the '20k meseta for 5 missions daily' should actually help a decent bit with this), so low level missions giving them appropriate gear is ideal.

4 hours ago, Zeta said:
  • I see posts like this and I am just extremely puzzled by them. My experience of things is quite the opposite - leveling is easy.  You hit up Fantastic Voyage and the exp just flies. I even went 97->98 on Fantastic Voyage *B* while leveling my Assault Crush. Patches happen, and people hit the new level cap the day after - maybe a few days for more casual players. And now they just introduced the catchup boost and the 25% exp tickets.
  • Rushing people through the early difficulties will make the experience worse for new players, as will removing level requirements. The game is currently well designed in that it eases new players into it, and ramps things up over time.
  • Having another mission or two on par with Fantastic Voyage's exp would be great. I'd love to see this too, though I imagine creating and balancing new missions isn't an easy task for the dev team.
  • Can't argue with this one. New players are generally lacking in resources (the '20k meseta for 5 missions daily' should actually help a decent bit with this), so low level missions giving them appropriate gear is ideal.

• I don't believe the leveling process is hard at all, it's just too long. I recently came back to Clem and brought some friends to play with, but they're losing or have lost interest very fast, and yeah, I do understand that could be a personal problem, but I also believe there's some merit there as well. The grind to S/S2 content just feels way too empty and way too much like a job, if you're buying gears to use as you play, most likely anything that drops in a quest will be just vendored or sold in player market. I'm personally willing to farm S and S2 until the cows come home, because it feels like I'm able to make meaningful progress in many ways (Equipment,MP,Exp) by doing so.
  • I can agree that being able to hit those desired levels much faster then current can generate a lack of experience, I wouldn't mind the level requirements if I could just meet them easier. I believe the design as-is great for all it's worth, except for just the speed. A problem that persists even if people aren't rushed to current content is that, you can reach endgame and still have no experience.
  • Voyage's exp feels pretty good, only problem i have with it is that doing the quest solo is really painful thanks to Megid, other then that, no real complaints for it, and would like to see more quests like it, or a quest given similar exp to it.

4 minutes ago, Raetherin said:

I don't believe the leveling process is hard at all, it's just too long.

By 'leveling is easy' I wasn't referring to challenge, but that I never found leveling to be tedious or too slow. I've leveled three characters to >=75 before the catchup exp boost or the exp tickets and never really had a problem with the leveling experience. 'empty' is about the opposite of how I'd describe my initial climb to the level cap - it was filled with me experimenting with and leveling different PAs, trying different missions and learning how the game worked over time.