Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Extreme Guardian Quest Requirements?

SuperBOB150

Hey all,

Just jumped back in to the game as roughly a level 40 to check out the new updates, and was pretty shocked by how steep some of the daily/weeklies were. I was under the impression these were implemented not just as a way to introduce new rewards, but also to encourage more frequent play/doing missions you wouldn't normally. 

However, killing 35 of the same boss in 1 week is not something that is very appealing to me. If I were to do this in my free time, it would probably take up all week, and would cause severe burnout. Any 50 bosses isn't nearly as bad as this, but it still just kinda shocked me. Now, I'm in no position to request changes, but if I were to implement something like this, it might be more like "do 1 mission on each of the planets", or "clear the following mission" or something- for the dailies at least. Something to spice it up a little, and reduce the risk of burnout. Granted, maybe I'm not the demographic for these quests, and maybe it's for those with a bit more free time/ dedication?

How do other people feel about these new quests? 

Posted (edited)

I said the same, think that tasks should be greatly relaxed, however most admins does not agree with this opinion, they told just not to be focused on this feature and just play. 
Most people ok with it, but for casual players it may be a bit hard. Still it's a bit early to discuss it now, waiting for more feedbacks.

Edited by SHOTGUN

While the shortened week certainly didn't help, I really am not seeing myself consistently reaching these without a rather serious increase in play. I know we've been told not to be focused on it and to not worry about it and just play, but I can't help from feeling like I'm going to be missing out on rewards from playing the way I used to, and that's not a good feeling.

Posted (edited)

Well, you could take FM and Tornado Dance through the mission at Rank C and then blow up the boss in seconds (or whatever class with a travel PA) 35 times. Would be a lot faster, though still boring. But why bother? The reward is 25% drop rate for 45 minutes, you'd be better off just farming for whatever you want to drop than going for the drop ticket. The only situation it makes sense to do the quest is if you were already going to be farming that boss all week anyway. I personally will be completely ignoring the system and would suggest people do the same to avoid burning out on the game. Tbh I'm glad the rewards are mostly crap because I can ignore the system without feeling like I'm missing out on anything worthwhile.

That said, 'don't focus on it and just play' isn't really a good defense of this system from a game design standpoint. People will see 'fill this objective to get this thing!' on their status screen and either feel compelled to do it, or feel like they're missing out because they're not doing it. Doesn't matter that the effort involved isn't worth the rewards. I even found myself briefly thinking 'megispheres seem useful, I'll spam Fantastic Voyage C for the 7k kills so I can get them!'. Fortunately, I realized half way through the first run that this was going to be horribly boring and promptly went to do something else.

If you have to go around telling your players how they're supposed to approach a mechanic so that it doesn't harm their experience you've kind of already lost. When you're designing a game mechanic you should take into account the different ways a player might approach that mechanic, and should ensure that it doesn't ruin the experience for different kinds of players. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Clem and am not trying to dunk on the developers here - the vast majority of the recent update was great, and I'm having a lot of fun playing through it.  But this GUARDIANS Quest System thing definitely needs more thought or it is going to drive players away from the game/server, or at least contribute to doing so. 

Edited by Zeta

I'm still a ways away from experiencing all the bosses, but 35 Dimmagolus (Or anything that spends as much time flying away as an Onmagoug) places this weekly squarely in the "I would never have time for this." category. That would take some fun-forsaking farming. Either through feverishly fighting that boss as if it was all I wanted to do with my time for the week, or spending days C-ranking it for a consumable. Either way would be boring farming for the sake of having better odds in later farming. Consequently, my  first impression of the weeklies is significantly worse than I had anticipated.

Posted (edited)

I honestly love the new quest system since i can log on have something to do and reward is decent. this will not burn me out from this since I play alot of clementine from each testing phase and I haven't been burnout from it and I love playing PSU.  I can feel weekly condition probably need some adjustment here and there. I have 8 hrs free time when I get off from work and I have no problem with that however theres need to be more variety of quest to do keep the player engaging or something. Hardcore/no life people will have no problem completing this everyday but casual I can see there point. Doing C rank can be boring and I rather complete them maybe around my level range or something? We still need more time with the this system before changing it. Majority peoples not complaining so far but we just have to wait couple weeks before we judge our feedback to clementine team to see where we go from here. Its very nice concept but still need some adjustment to be a good spot.

Edited by Killroy

7 hours ago, SHOTGUN said:

however most admins does not agree with this opinion, they told just not to be focused on this feature and just play. 

If this is regarding the time I said not to hyper-focus on it, I was specifically referring to breaking containers, which will happen regardless of what you end up running. That's why I said you should just play, and not search for missions with more boxes, or repeat abandons for instance.

It can't become much more relaxed than "break box" or "run a mission". But when it comes to killing specific enemies, and the requirement count on a lot of them, I generally agree that it can be a bit much at times. With the time I have to play, there's legitimately no way I can do the 7000 enemies weekly. We did some dailies today and it took a few hours. We never finished them all. By the time any of that would be finished realistically, I'd want to get on with my business, but I'd need a break. It's exacerbated by the fact that everyone has different enemies they need to kill, so in a group of friends it can take a hot few hours to get everyone's quests done, especially if it's not a pleasant enemy to deal with.

Having the quests be geared more toward play the game instead of go to the backwaters of Parum and capture the golden bee at sundown would be more preferable. I would rather people got rewarded for playing and going about their business, and is generally where I'd enjoy seeing this system go, but it's all different opinions and experiments right now. Despite their name, I don't particularly enjoy the idea of weekly quests being a week-long endeavor, at least not all of the time. Would rather it was a bit more like homework, or cleaning the house, where you get it done on the first or second day and then relax for the rest of the week knowing it's finished. That feels good imo, because you can get on with doing what you actually want to do.

Either way I have the odd gripes with it and I'm sure others do as well. I dare say they will be tweaked before too long.

My only gripe is getting rare enemy kills as the daily.
Boss ones are meh unless you are farming them. Maybe make these based off the event coming up???
or based on the content that is "end game" at the time rather than random. 35 bosses on c rank just feels like a chore, If we had current rank of the boss I don't think it would be an issue though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The daily/weekly quest system is a pretty nice thing to see. Something about it bothers me though. The reward for clearing missions, which is 20k meseta. Now... I find that reward helpful. VERY helpful... and yet it feels like for the longest while that is your largest source of income, and 20k gets burned up fast due to just the price of PAs/Bullets/Techs alone. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I don't ever remember just trying to get functional costing that much. Leads me to think that the meseta reward is trying to band-aid a problem people know is there... but don't know how to address. Especially if you want an outfit. God forbid you want an outfit and it costs 125k. That KILLS my pocket book right now. >_<;