Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Slow mission speed

Zerath

Question

2 answers to this question

The slowness you're experiencing is usually caused by poor performance, more with the game than hardware in a lot of cases. Despite being an old game, PSU still requires a fairly fast running CPU to maintain smooth 60FPS without slow down. There are a few things you can try though:

If you have a multicore CPU then you can set CPU Affinity. After connecting (that is, selecting your character and entering the lobby), you can set your core affinity via the task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc to avoid game crashing).
Go to Details
Find PSUC.exe
Right-click and select Set Affinity.
You can set this to All, or at least 2 cores that aren't Hyper Threaded.

If that doesn't work then you can also set the game to Frame Skip 1 in the launchers Options menu. This will make the game run at 30, which isn't great, but it may help resolve the issue. 

16 hours ago, Marmalade said:

The slowness you're experiencing is usually caused by poor performance, more with the game than hardware in a lot of cases. Despite being an old game, PSU still requires a fairly fast running CPU to maintain smooth 60FPS without slow down. There are a few things you can try though:

If you have a multicore CPU then you can set CPU Affinity. After connecting (that is, selecting your character and entering the lobby), you can set your core affinity via the task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc to avoid game crashing).
Go to Details
Find PSUC.exe
Right-click and select Set Affinity.
You can set this to All, or at least 2 cores that aren't Hyper Threaded.

If that doesn't work then you can also set the game to Frame Skip 1 in the launchers Options menu. This will make the game run at 30, which isn't great, but it may help resolve the issue. 

Me being me I forgot I had recently made my background a moving one with music that plays with it. When I switched the background off the games runs 100% now. So all is good! Was a simple fix! Thanks for the info for a future reference if need be!!