Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

wow is that a real guardfian? cool

ANyway

We’re expecting to do the next update on May the 7th. If anything changes, we’ll be sure to let you know. Below is more information about what you can expect and what has been worked on. As always your feedback is very appreciated.

If you haven't already then please go and read through our previous development post, since that one and this one go hand in hand.

Grinding System
Before anything, we want to elaborate more on the Grinding System changes. In the previous post we said that the overall chance to obtain a 10/10 for S rank would be slightly lower, around 3.6~3.8%. The rates for S rank have been lowered slightly further, along with A rank, and the rates for B and C rank have been increased to help new players with grinding weapons:

• S Rank: 4.64% -> 2.5%
  • A Rank: 8.33% -> 4.23%
  • B Rank: 11.97% -> 12.80%
  • C Rank: 17.57% -> 22.09%

Why? Because of the change that removes weapons being degraded from their 10/10 potential, it’s important to keep the challenge of obtaining 10/10 weapons intact. Our plan is to start lower rather than higher, and amend these numbers where and when needed. Additionally, to address players concerns about already broken weapons not being restored to their 10/10 potential, this one is a little tricky for me right now. I will look into it and try to find a feasible solution, and if I can do it then I will do it during maintenance. I can't promise anything though.

Prototype Weapons System
Prototype Weapons, that we mentioned in the last post, have been experimented with and we have implemented the base foundation of the system in order to see how a mechanic like this might work with PSU. The Prototype Weapons are designed to add more rarity to the weapon selection available in the game. While these types of weapons are rare, and you should not expect these types of weapons to be common, they are not going to be necessary for doing any content or missions. They are simply a 💪FLEX🍤 rarity with very small boosts.

It’s worth noting that if this system for some reason does not work out then it’s very easy to remove and revert the weapons back to their original counterparts.

Again, in the previous post, we explained that the naming convention of these weapons would be altered depending on the weapon's original name and its attribute. Below are some examples of prototype attributes you should expect to see:

• AR: Attack Range increase (Striking Only)
  • SE: Status Effect Boost (Ranged/TECHNIC Only)
  • AMP-F: Amplifies damage dealt with Fire element weapons and photon arts (Ranged/TECHNIC Only)
  • NV: No Variance (Does not apply to weapons that already have 0 variance)

These abbreviations will be appended to the weapon’s name, with a Prototype Code, to distinguish any weapons that might have the same abbreviation (e.g. G&MR-NV1404 for a Guld & Milla Repca with No Variance).

GUARDIANS Quest System
In the effort to help new players get started with PSU (as well as older players having something to do), we have implemented the GUARDIANS Quest System (abbreviated GQS), which is a daily and weekly questing system with rewards.

Each player will get 5 quests, which will include 3 daily and 2 weekly. As their names suggest, daily quests will refresh every 24 hours, and weekly quests will refresh every week at 0000 UTC. Of the 5 quests you receive, 2 daily and 1 weekly will be static, while 1 daily and 1 weekly will be dynamic. Your current quests can be seen in the second player status page.

The static quests do not change upon refresh and will always be the same for all players. The dynamic quests will pull from a list of possible quests each refresh, meaning players will not always have the same quest line as each other. Possible dynamic quests would include defeating a specific enemy a certain number of times, or defeating a specific boss a certain number of times.

You will be able to receive unique rewards from these quests, benefiting both new players and old players. When you have finished a quest, you will receive a simple mail from the server stating you’ve completed the quest and received your reward. If you do not have space for the reward, you will be told to make inventory space and revisit the quest page again to receive the reward. Completed quests will be marked in green.

Boost Items
We have also researched and implemented boost items, which will currently be tied to the GQS as rewards. These items will be located in the 6th inventory slot. They will provide different boosts such as increased EXP, MP, and even Drop Rate chances. They work similarly to how they did on official, meaning as soon as you consume it the timer will begin counting down. They will save the remaining time upon logging out, however. The remaining time for each active boost can be seen in the first player status page.

Server Statistics/Player Status Page
We have revamped the Player Status page. The first page will now host calculated stats, active boosts and timers, as well as server statistics related to how many players are currently online and the current popular lobbies (up to a max of 3). It will also display the number of players and parties in those lobbies. The second status page will be solely dedicated to the GQS.

Drops, Loot, and The Change™
In the recent past, we had planned to make a post dedicated to this and the problems that we face with PSU’s drop mechanics in regards to not knowing how it worked officially. Because that post ended up being quite the size, we’ve instead opted to just go ahead with the changes, and detail them here as best that we can. To avoid confusion similar to the DNR system in the past, we hope you will take the time to read this one and ask questions if you need to.

We’ve changed the way that parties interact with the randomiser. In the past, each party would access one common randomiser for its stream of random numbers, but this is no longer the case. Instead, each party will obtain its own unique and isolated randomiser which will be re-seeded upon mission creation. This is to help prevent the randomiser getting into a bad pattern, as well as to prevent everyone in the game from stepping on each other's chances. Having a bad wrap? Just restart the mission.

We’ve also changed the way DNR and DAR work. We have removed DNR from the equation, and before you go screaming “But DAR is the source of all problems, it was fine before that”, DNR is genuinely a problem in this instance. The way that DNR is implemented, following Sega’s implementation in offline mode, does not work well for what we’re trying to achieve. It does not work well for online, nor blend well with other rates, which makes it incredibly difficult to mend, tweak, or modify drop rates on the fly with boost items. 

Therefore, DNR will be effectively removed from boxes. So what does this mean for you?
All boxes will now drop either Area Drops, or a main box item. There is no longer an instance where a box can drop nothing due to DNR. If a box isn’t dropping an item, then the box broke. Report box. Box will be fixed.

Along with the removal of DNR, DAR will also be changed. It will no longer increase per party member, but will now be a static rate of 20% regardless of party size. DAR will take the role of DNR’s old purpose of the “tier-down” mechanic for boxes, so you will still be able to have a chance to receive the previous tier’s drops. Because of this, you should be able to play missions in a party without feeling “punished” by the original DAR and DNR systems.

Rogue Siblings
A pair of rogues have traveled from Il Cabo Base and stopped to set up camp at Vio Tonga. A brother and sister, these rogues are rumored to be selling unique blueprints for weapons not found anywhere else. If you’re interested in what they have to offer, you might be able to find them camped out in the fire pit cave.

Dank Crystal Sneaker
Actually known as Dark Crystal Seeker, a new exchange mission will be available at the 5th Floor of the GUARDIANS Colony. Clamp Manyel has been tasked with collecting Megispheres and is giving out unique rewards to GUARDIANS who bring him lots of ‘em. You will also be able to compress Megi-photons into Megi-drops, which subsequently will compress into Megispheres.

You wouldn't believe how much trouble this guy gave us. Fortunately it did help us with understanding how scripts and exchange missions work.

Synthesis
All synthesis boards (current and future) will now reach 100% success chance as long as the respective PM field is LV100.

Up-coming Event🍹
We’ve been researching and working on creating a new and fully customized mission for our next event. While this is still in the works, and we’re still learning and discovering how things work, we really hope to be able to share it with you soon. If all goes according to plan, this will most likely land mid to late May, and run for approximately 3~4 weeks.

This will be our first fully customized and scripted mission, and most likely will not be a Netflix-watching mission. It’s going to be challenging, and it’s going to take players time to run. Because of this, we plan to make it rewarding for everyone involved.

There is still more to be done and included into the update before it rolls out, mostly polish, minor quality of life changes, and fixes, but we will include all of that in the patch notes during maintenance on (hopefully) May 7th.

did u read all of that? what a cool guardina 
ok bye 💕 love u

20 minutes ago, SHOTGUN said:

what is weapon blueprints? I don't understand this word meaning, my translator said blueprint is photocopy, is it somethig for room?

Synth Board for weapons so you can create them in your room at the robot

I like the prototype system if the boosts are small like you said. Too much of a boost and it becomes a bit unfair/OP. Please implement this very carefully. The Guardian Quest System I like, but again do be careful about its implementation. Might I suggest making some of them have you clear quests at a certain rank that maybe, people would never do. Like that one mission that requires 5 people to S-Rank. It would encourage people to play missions they otherwise never would. As for the boost items, nothing against them. Maybe they can take the place of a forced EXP increase previously mentioned in the development post? Loot change I like, more people grouped, more fun. 

1 hour ago, Marmalade said:

All synthesis boards (current and future) will now reach 100% success chance as long as the respective PM field is LV100.

YES, PLEASE, THANK YOU.

Sounds like it'll be a major update, I'm definitely looking forward to it. Some thoughts and impressions:

Grinding System

So on average it will take 40 attempts to 10/10 an S weapon. I'm guessing these are the rates for "all S+10"? The last post did say something about making lower rarity grinders more worthwhile.

I wonder if there's a client mod anywhere that removes the progress bar graphic and just displays the success/failure message - I find that the progress bar makes grinding far more tedious than it needs to be.

Prototype Weapons System

Sounds really neat! Looking forward to hunting for them.

GUARDIANS Quest System

It sounds like you've put a fair amount of effort into this, but I really do not like this idea at all. One of the things I enjoy about Clem is how I can take breaks from it without feeling like I'm missing out on too much (events tend to last long enough that I feel excited to play them, rather than pressured into playing them). The addition of daily chores with *unique* rewards will destroy this nice casual feel by compelling players to log in every day to complete these quests. While this might not apply to people who normally play every day anyway, this kind of system is going to increase the chance I'll burn out on the game and quit. This is one of the reasons I quit PSO2 and multiple other games with similar mechanics.

Off the top of my head, a couple suggestions that would make this more palatable:

- Weekly quests only, no daily. Being able to log in and chip away at the quests at any point during the week would make this system feel a lot less stressful.

- Non-unique rewards. If I can ignore the quests without feeling like I'm missing out on important stuff, then I won't feel so pressured into playing. EXP tickets aren't a huge deal (maybe moreso if/when GAS comes out), same with MP tickets, but missing out on drop rate tickets won't feel good at all.

Sounds neat!

The original DAR penalty never really bothered me - soloing always took more effort than playing in a party, as well as more costs in terms of consumables. I guess playing solo will just be less efficient than playing in a party now. I guess that's okay. Not like soloing is becoming any worse, partying is just becoming better.

Dank Crystal Sneaker

Where will we get these megispheres?

Synthesis

Nice. Always bugged me that I had a % chance to fail some recipes, ontop of the chance of 'it comes out with an unusably low element%'.

Up-coming Event🍹

Looking forward to playing it for sure (and trying to solo it of course).

Holy shit this update is fucking massive good job all around lads. You have no idea how happy this makes me you are all amazing. Never Stop :)

I just pray you do end up coming up with a system for already-broken weapons. Would feel real bad and punishing if early players (with likely rather rare gear that's difficult to replace!) got left in the dust with a < /10

Oh goodie, dailies/weeklies, just what we needed.
/s

I'm already logging in every day, I don't want some list of tasks I now feel like I have to do (and I will feel like I have to do them).

Very nice. A lot of this seems like further steps in a huge improvement. I'm especially thankful for the Synthesis improvements, and I like the idea of the Prototype Weapon System being a further incentive to playing a variety of missions as opposed to repeatedly grinding the same one right off the bat. Not that I'd go all the way to an opposite extreme and expect grind prevention. Grinding as a means of brute forcing the RNG, and optimization of one's experience, are inevitable parts of being a player. 

As a personal take, though, I'm not fond of the idea of daily quests. The best implementations of these that I've seen still devolve into walking a tightrope between being so rewarding that players feel like they're missing out by not doing them or too time consuming for their reward. Even if some sweet spot were found, it would still eventually devolve into feeling like daily chores, at a rate varying per player.

Although the randomness can help give a new player a push to explore, or a random suggestion to someone logging in spontaneously, it can also result in escalating from 'daily chore' to 'time consuming daily chore' depending on the mission and character. Were that the intent, I think this would be better accomplished through something like additional rewards when first clearing a mission. (With some degree of completion, be it per world or total, resetting the list so they can be earned again, and each tier of a mission giving the rewards for lower tiers.)

Edited by Cray
Sanity check on the final sentence.
On 4/27/2021 at 11:21 PM, Marmalade said:

Will you also FIX the multiplayer reward box penalty?

Prototype Weapons System

While I geniunly appreciate the effort of adding more variety into the game, wouldn't trying to put/adapt the GAS content feels more urgent for the pieces of the game we've lost/never experimented regarding implementation? I saw somewhere, someone suggesting to implement it, kinda the same way limit break which did get implemented (based on TYPE Level).

Up-coming Event

I would and I'm sure many would appreciate an Event à la Maximum Attack where people gets collective reward based on global kill count mixed with the individual drop/rewards.

Ill edit the post with further content but overall. Its great changes upcoming =)

On 4/27/2021 at 4:21 PM, Marmalade said:

Grinding System

So it's harder to make 10/10's but you always have the option? Fine with me lol I usually grind for myself. We'll see how the economy is hit tho. Here's to hoping about already smashed shit. 

Prototype Weapons System
I fuck wit this a lot. It reminds me of ???? weapons from PSO in that it's the same weapon but with an added move of a specific attribute. Should be neat to find "truly" top level gear with this.

GUARDIANS Quest System
So I imagine this will be a split response because it does make it more grind focused just to log on the game so it's less casual in a way but for those who really go ham, it's appreciated lol. Guess it depends on what the rewards are but I'm all for breaking the monotony, personally. 

Boost Items
Fine with me lol. Again, hardcore runners will always appreciate their efforts being worth something.

UI changes based on quality of life are always welcome.

I'll just see it as it happens lol.

Rogue Siblings
Cool to see that campfire spot getting use.

Dank Crystal Sneaker
Guess dark missions got even more popular lol.

Synthesis
"All synthesis boards (current and future) will now reach 100% success chance as long as the respective PM field is LV100."
Sounds good to me. Especially for armor and striking weapons where % is already a factor. 

Up-coming Event🍹
Guess we'll all see soon enough!

Responses in quote.

Again, always down to break the monotony so here's to the 7th~

Edited by Radori