Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This thread is for posting your thoughts, small conversations, spamming memes and all that stuff. If you want to post something, but it is not worthy of becoming a separate topic, then you can put it here.

And today I would like to talk about the cons of PSU in comparison with PSO2, PSP2 and RPG in general.

1. Inconvenient use of consumables. This is due to the fact that the game was originally developed for consoles, I think, and control from the keyboard is not very convenient, so PSU remains the game that is more convenient to play from the gamepad. However, the PSO, being also ported from consoles, did not have this problem, there was a convenient panel with numbers, and it is not clear why it was not possible to do the same for PSU.

2. You can meet mobs with different elements of attack in one mission and you always need to change both the element of armor and the element of the weapon. For example, weapons or bullets or techniques of different elements can be prepared in advance, but poking around in the menu without having presets before each mission and memorizing elements at different spawns in order to change armor through commands for chat is tiresome. At the same time, in Infinity, you can change armor as well as weapons from a palette. In pso2, they completely abandoned the armor element, leaving only microscopic indicators of elemental resists, which have little effect. The weapon element formula in pso2 also looks less tiered than in the PSU.

3. Low damage from a simple attack and pp system. Playing melee classes turns into a spam photon art button, and only when the PP runs out, you need to attack to recover it, but the damage is too low and the PP recovery when attacking is also too low and it's easier to replenish it with a photon charge, which makes a simple attack a useless waste time and dps. There is also such a problem when some photon art is much stronger than others. In general, the PP system in the PSU is one of the most imperfect in the series, if you shoot or use techniques, you cannot attack when the PP runs out, so you must use a charges, but at high levels PP is consumed at a breakneck speed, and you may not have enough of all your charges and all the stock of weapons that you have to complete a long mission, and it is not always possible to return to the city, as for example in scorched valley.

4. The abundance of materials fills up the inventory very quickly, an expanded bank for 2000 slots and the ability to send things there from the inventory have been introduced into Infinity, which is sorely lacking in PSU. The most convenient system of materials in PSO2, a separate bank of materials with automatic sending of resources there, but there it is paid and may not be available for beginners at the start.

5. A large number of lobbies prevents players from gathering in one place, which makes the game server look empty. But this is a controversial point, on the one hand it is a drawback, and on the other hand, for immersion in the role-playing atmosphere of the game, it is a significant advantage that you can explore different territories and they do not get bored. I have no idea what to do with this.

6. This is not entirely a drawback, but the time it takes to complete most of the quests is really high, by modern standards, when we are already adults, not everyone can afford to spend a lot of time playing games.

7. The system of rare missions is cancer, some selling them, others are not lucky enough to get even one for 500 hours of play. And you must farm them to reach highest type levels.

Share your pros and cons about PSU, or write something else. There is no fixed topic here.

This topic is made for the two of us right? :*D

Unfortunatly i can't add anything to this one as of now, because i haven't play pso2 :P
However in compare of pso1

I feel like the support force life is a bit harder, because i cannot bind my spells on numbers. On the other hand, i love how various combinations i can add on my weapons, as the PA's changes all classes lives, instand of only going for the casters privilage ^^
And of course, love the new spells, weapon types.

Also fun, that we need to grind our PA instand of farming for them! You know I looking at you Megid 30!! x.x

The only two thing that spikes my nose about this game, the first is that equiped clothes takes up the precious inventory space x.x Almost forcing me to use these 1 slot dresses, instand of letting my creativity fly, But it's something i can deal with :3

The other one is the armor system...
Which again, either keep like 4 armor in a mission with me, so i wont face disadvantage versus certain enemy types. Or keep distance from certain elements, which would be rather odd if i'm a melee and become too scared to get in range (which is happend not only once). ^_^*
The other is the fact that the slots stritcly says head, arms, body, and extra. instand of has 0-4. Though i understand it would bring the same issue back what pso 1 has :*D And in this game, it would be probably worse, because 1 charge unit would only modify the cost once? so having 4 would could easy make a one hit kill on most anything that isn't a boss. (May that too if the boss is low lv)

But the real reason to complain about the restriction, is that you cannot have a good "Arm" slot for a caster focused/only character, but a melee and/or gunner focused/only, you can have a head unit that boost MST.

But either way, the game is a gem on it's own, so despite the things that pokes my nose, it's really enjoyable ❤️ But i wouldn't really call them "issues" just ... something i miss from pso1 really ^^

19 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

This topic is made for the two of us right? :*D

:D 
That's because most people using discord.

21 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

You know I looking at you Megid 30!!

Only few humanoids and few mechs from moatoob rogue caves affected to megid/killer shot here, also bit of sadness, so hard to level and so useless xD

23 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

is that you cannot have a good "Arm" slot for a caster focused/only character

there is a set, called Umbra set, it's caster set that requires rabol umbra, devil whim for head slot, and devil whim for arm slot, only way to use arm slot for caster I can remember, as it's one of the top sets, you will wait whole eternity till it'll be released on clem xD

1. I wish the palette would always reset to the first item after being used, rather than remembering where you last were. I always want to be able to use a trimate ASAP - whenever I use any other item on the palette, I have to open the palette again and scroll back to trimates afterwards, it's a pain. It also means that I end up keeping as little as I can on the palette (generally just trimate, antimate, photon charge and megistaride) to make it easier to scroll through.

I could probably solve this by modding the client executable, but I dunno the Clem team's stance on client modifications that do more than just read data. (also it'd take effort to locate the relevant routines)

2. Infinity's armor palette was nice, I agree. Though I've been using the same neutral Festive Sweater since the xmas event so it doesn't bother me that much. I'd love to replace it with some Armas Lines but Military Subway is a massive pain, what with its horde of strike resist mobs (bonus points for the strike resist mobs with the shield buff, yay 1/3rd damage) and https://psu-clementine.net/wiki/index.php/SEED-Guardian_(Sh) these bloody things in block 5, probably the only enemy in the game so far that I'd call just unfair (yay getting knockdown locked by fast moving projectiles).

3. I occasionally use them to finish off nearly dead enemies (mostly claws, since their normal attack is quite fast on acrofighter), but other than that yeah, pretty much only useful when you want to JA the first hit of a PA. I don't think this is a huge problem but I prefer Infinity's PP and chaining system for sure - it gives purpose to both normal attacks and PAs/charge shots.

4. I think the real problem here is that the game drops a lot of near worthless low rarity materials on you. It's not really a problem if you only pick up 7* or higher materials (with a few exceptions, like elemental photons), but why clutter up the screen with a bunch of garbage drops? Most 1-6* rarity materials sell for almost nothing, and on the off chance that you need them you can just buy them from NPC shops. That said I wish the share box was a bit more generous than 100 - I have a ton of weapons and RCSMs stashed in there already, so it's always over half full even before I start shoving materials in.

5. You pretty much spelled out my thoughts already.

6. I think most quests aren't too bad, but some are overly long. Looking at you again, Military Subway. First time I went into that thing it took 70 minutes to clear. More recently was around 50? Partially my fault for daring to bring a striking character into that mission, but still.

7. I can see why you say that (not fond of the idea of selling rare mission runs either), but I'll take PSU's rare missions over PSO2's emergency quests any day. Content that's locked to certain real life time is awful.

1 hour ago, Fruzsina said:

Also fun, that we need to grind our PA instand of farming for them! You know I looking at you Megid 30!! x.x

I prefer farming them too - it provides a more natural progression than hunting for disks.

The only two thing that spikes my nose about this game, the first is that equiped clothes takes up the precious inventory space x.x Almost forcing me to use these 1 slot dresses, instand of letting my creativity fly, But it's something i can deal with :3

I never thought about this before, but yeah that's kind of annoying. Clothes/parts just shouldn't take up equip slots.

But the real reason to complain about the restriction, is that you cannot have a good "Arm" slot for a caster focused/only character, but a melee and/or gunner focused/only, you can have a head unit that boost MST.

I think most Fortetechers use longbows or handguns, so +ATP/+ATA units should still be useful for them. I guess it would be a problem for Masterforce, though. Not sure what you could add to arm slot that would be good for Masterforce.

As for my own two cents, I hate the 36 PA limit. Why does it exist? It serves mostly to discourage people from experimenting with stuff (playing multiple types on the same character, or even exploring every weapon available to a single class). I'm guessing it's still on Clem because of hardcoded client limitations that no one's hacked out yet? 

Ok with the 7.

That's why Ive made a topic month ago about the RNG point (which doesnt have to be ultimate rule for everything).  And for rares missions, we could imagine another currency to pay them and/or the possibilty to convert the PA frag since they start to stack and some have an obscene amount in stock...

No question ofc to make a system that allow to run 1 rare per day for casuals and 2-3 for hardcore players, but something around that per weeks sound about right imo.

Very clunky/imprecise idea, need to be deeply elaborated, but I hope in the future (months or years, not an hurry) some RNG point will be reworked/rethinked, and especially rares missions.

@SHOTGUN Yeah i heard that megid is "so" useful here, but to be honest same i can tell about pso1's megid, but... it had it's use :3
So i believe it would have it's use here as well! But i haven't unlocked my Megid yet :P

But at least you can level it, and don't have to hope that one day you will be lucky that it will drops :3 Especially with the "PA's cannot be traded" restriction
Which is an other silly thing, because the PA's you can obtain via fraggies cannot be traded at all. While normal PA's can be traded, only if they're lv 1

Hmmm, so that Umbra set, is like a bone to the casters at late game? Sounds cheap, but at least it will be worthy to have arm slot at high level ^^

Well i know the game isn't fully unlocked yet, but patience is key ^^
Soon enough, we will be able to enjoy everything ❤️

@Zeta 

18 hours ago, Zeta said:

It's name is actually.... Seed-Guardian Shhh, let me stunlock you. also
Quote from wiki: "Rifle has unknown chance to incapacitate."

Chain lock AND incap?? Phew, glad i didn't face the incap yet ^_^*

18 hours ago, Zeta said:

I think most Fortetechers use longbows or handguns, so +ATP/+ATA units should still be useful for them

That could be a solution i suppose ^_^ But still, it's still feels like unfair, if someone would play as a pure caster, they would get disadvantage early on. (As above Shotgun mentioned, there's something for late game)

18 hours ago, Zeta said:

I hate the 36 PA limit. Why does it exist?

Ughhh yeah, that's yet another thing that spike my nose, but to be honest, i've got over it playing as support :3

18 hours ago, Zeta said:

Clothes/parts just shouldn't take up equip slots.

And just for the record, i feel like it should be happen with the equiped ones (although, i wouldn't if it would be entirely separate if it would be in a bag), since you cannot touch the clothings without get in the dressing room anyways.

Now me memba another thing that annoys. Food items, model looks like a mate item and you picking it by this criteria, as result your inventory always full of perori mates, rice cakes, koltova milk etc. it is so insidious that, being useless, they disguise as useful things xD 
Do you have same problem or it's just me and othas checking item name first?

27 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

That could be a solution i suppose ^_^ But still, it's still feels like unfair, if someone would play as a pure caster, they would get disadvantage early on. (As above Shotgun mentioned, there's something for late game)

Oh I agree, I just don't know what you could add to arm slot to fix this. I guess that the lategame set bonus means there's something at least, though I kind of just don't like how PSU does slots. If an armor lacks an arm slot it's useless for striking characters, if it lacks a head slot it's useless for tech characters (and my acrofighter uses tech stat too for RCSM damage), if it lacks extra or body slots it's just completely useless because no Stun / Resist or SUV / END boost.

I like Infinity's system more, though it inevitably degenerates into this:

NPJH50332_00008.thumb.jpg.770d907d00467780a73c4e4a421d9253.jpg

(Stun Resist, Confuse Resist, Sleep Resist and a photon blast. Should probably hunt a freeze resist to replace the confuse resist, but haven't been playing Infinity so much since I found Clem)

Haven't played pso1 in long enough that I don't really remember what its units were like.

10 minutes ago, SHOTGUN said:

Now me memba another thing that annoys. Food items, model looks like a mate item and you picking it by this criteria, as result your inventory always full of perori mates, rice cakes, koltova milk etc. it is so insidious that, being useless, they disguise as useful things xD 
Do you have same problem or it's just me and othas checking item name first?

You're not the only one. I generally just pick up all consumables, which means I'm always throwing out food items and the single buff items (which aren't very useful when Megistarides exist). The food items aren't even completely useless either, because they're needed for certain item exchange missions (for example, I think Formal Dress needs Gourmet Cakes). More stuff that ends up stuffed into my storage.

I have a lot of fun with PSU but it definitely has its share of small issues. 

@SHOTGUN  

4 hours ago, SHOTGUN said:

ood items, model looks like a mate item and you picking it by this criteria, as result your inventory always full of perori mates, rice cakes, koltova milk etc.

Umm, it's works fine for leveling up your striking machine, because some of them adds good% on the striking exp

But other than that... ehhhh my heart bleeds that they're not like add hp based on %

@Zeta Unfortunatly, i can't read japanese characters, so i can't really see what these units be like, but if they're like pso1 like... aka dosen't bind by slots, then that's something go for yay ^_^

Umm, it's works fine for leveling up your striking machine, because some of them adds good% on the striking exp

Huh, didn't know that. Oh well, my strike PM has been 100 for quite a while anyway.

Unfortunatly, i can't read japanese characters, so i can't really see what these units be like, but if they're like pso1 like... aka dosen't bind by slots, then that's something go for yay ^_^

It's like pso1 yes. In that screenshot I have 3 status immunity units equipped, and a photon blast unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

I assume that's how must stun Ex traps works, because i'm stunned by the cuteness!!
I'd say damn you for, stunning me... But instand, i end up say thank you! ❤️ I love iiiiiiiittt!!!!!!

kwiam8T.jpg

This cute plinkna luv ice cream.
My friend said that it is harmful to their health, because with age, they become lactose intolerant. But she is not an expert, and neither am I, so one cannot make an unambiguous conclusion that this applies to all panther types, I think that such a healthy bun will not suffer much from a small glass of ice cream, especially since no one controls their diet in nature, so dem too well versed in what to eat and what not.

On 4/28/2021 at 6:54 AM, Galexion MK-1 said:

Can we agree that dodging is needed?

Dunno. The game isn't designed around it - in psp2i characters are a lot more fragile and you're expected to dodge/block to survive, but in PSU you have a lot more HP. If you just added dodge roll to the game as is, it'd make things a bit too easy. I'd love to see PSU become more like Infinity but you'd need to change a lot of things around to make it work.

2 hours ago, SHOTGUN said:

My friend said that it is harmful to their health, because with age, they become lactose intolerant. But she is not an expert, and neither am I, so one cannot make an unambiguous conclusion that this applies to all panther types, I think that such a healthy bun will not suffer much from a small glass of ice cream, especially since no one controls their diet in nature, so dem too well versed in what to eat and what not.

It's something to be careful about, at least. A panther definitely isn't going to be encountering ice cream in the wild, so you don't know how their digestive system is going to react to it.

And on another topic, do people still play Fortegunner now that Gunmaster exists? I was expecting Fortegunner to have Level 30 skills (because Fortefighter and Fortetecher both have 30 bullets) and access to a 1 handed striking weapon at S Rank (since Fortefighter has S handguns and Fortetecher has S longbows), but instead they're stuck with level 20 skills and A rank striking weapons. Feels like they got the short stick among the Forte classes. Granted, I haven't actually played either yet, so I might be completely off base. Am looking to get into ranged classes with my 4th character sometime though.

3 hours ago, Zeta said:

Dunno. The game isn't designed around it - in psp2i characters are a lot more fragile and you're expected to dodge/block to survive, but in PSU you have a lot more HP. If you just added dodge roll to the game as is, it'd make things a bit too easy. I'd love to see PSU become more like Infinity but you'd need to change a lot of things around to make it work.

I guess it's just me, being biased on how a newer game in the series (PSP2i) has it. but it would be nice to actually see the dodge mechanic implemented, even if its just a nice little animation you can do in the lobby.

PSU beginning:
oh, I found how to use photon arts, so cool! Now I can clear my first quest and everything dies with one hit here.

Infinity beginning:
*Boss spawns in first area and without any explanations kills you with one hit*

Dodge will not help you pass those damn guranzes. They're my nightmare, no matter how good your gear, blocking skills, many reborns, once you met them you already dead xD spamed with the missiles to the graveyard

@SHOTGUN And the ex trap keeps stunning meee!!!!

@Zeta

18 hours ago, Zeta said:

A panther definitely isn't going to be encountering ice cream in the wild

I think we've just see one eating one!

18 hours ago, Zeta said:

so you don't know how their digestive system is going to react to it

Jokes aside, i think in a smaller portion, you could give them certain food types, that they couldn't face out the wild. . . However, each and every time you would to risk a new type of food with your loved one (Applies to every animal), to monitor the behaviour! If their acting weird, or dosen't look good, then it should be avoided.

Of course, if the pet is activg super weird, it can be a sign for calling for help. So be sure to know the vet's numbers in such case.

19 hours ago, Zeta said:

do people still play Fortegunner now that Gunmaster exists?

I think it's can be a valid option, due to the reduced PP cost, and the lv 40 skills. Not to mention that they can use double saber, for the traveling PA, to keep up with the others, who would prefer the speed run style runs. Lastly, i can also throw in the fact about, FG can use various weapons and armor, while GM has limited weapon pool (S rank only, applies for armor too)

Not to mention the casts minor buff, but that's just a cast thing :3

But to prise the mastergunner too, the 50 lv cap is going to be the deal maker at first, however, it's not only that. They attack really fast with their guns, plus thir stats are better at higher level. Meaning, the dps will be better (in the valid pool of them). This speed and power has the stamina cost, which is yet an other thing to mind about... Because the megid. But there are ways to gain immunity aganst them. And the incrased PP cost on guns.

My conclusion, i think i'll going to have both option available, incase of what will suit me better for a mission/party wise.

@SHOTGUN I haven't play the infinity, so i have no idea... but Is that really a case? O.O

3 hours ago, Fruzsina said:

I think it's can be a valid option, due to the reduced PP cost, and the lv 40 skills. Not to mention that they can use double saber, for the traveling PA, to keep up with the others, who would prefer the speed run style runs. Lastly, i can also throw in the fact about, FG can use various weapons and armor, while GM has limited weapon pool (S rank only, applies for armor too)

I think you're confusing Fortegunner and Fighgunner here - Fighgunner is the one with the level 40 skills and S rank double saber, Fortegunner has Level 20 skills and no double sabers.

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

The cast/caseal enemies are genuine bad game design when used in groups.

I've never had much problem with them outside the rifle enemies. AMF Heavy Infantry can be dangerous (especially since they almost always tend to have the sword boost), but they're manageable - Zonde travels slow enough that you can avoid it if you're careful, and you can afford to get hit once or twice. The rifle shots travel very quickly, and if you get hit once you're probably going to be knockdown locked until you're dead (oh and their incap got fixed this update, so you might die in one shot too). 

7 hours ago, Zeta said:

I think you're confusing Fortegunner and Fighgunner

Whoopsy, my bad! I think somehow i've morph the two classes in my head. ^_^*
But uhhhh, scratch the double saber part, and then add the same, but with dagger. (once the PA will be available)

Ummm, yeah! But this topic were already mentioned in one of my creation tho. (can't recall which one)
Yeah, certain classes will disappier "over time"

The two (maybe three) most dangered class to see rare, will be:

Fighgunner, Wartecher, (With the introduction of fighmaster, Fortefighter)

Wartechy, while currently really a good class, i believe once the end game weapons will be out, it will be forgotten, due their base stats, and the lowered support PA, however, it will be a good solo character, as always, as most hybrids ^^

The mentioned Fighgunner, is the oddest of them all,maybe if they could have either 40 bullets, and or more weapons in their deck to use.....But then if that would happen, then other classes could be endangered.

And call me pessimist for adding this into the list, but fortefighter... The only two facts i can bring in their deffense, is their weapon pool is larger, and the stamina ^_^*

The PP cost, isn't a big deal on  their hands! Because the normal attack recharges, and with a PP unit, you can make it even at first ^_^*

8 hours ago, Zeta said:

MF Heavy Infantry can be dangerous (especially since they almost always tend to have the sword boost), but they're manageable - Zonde travels slow enough that you can avoid it if you're careful, and you can afford to get hit once or twice.

I'm more than scared when i hear that grunting "Saaaiiii!" when they shoot that zonde you're talking about ^_^ Because it's knock back, and if you're soloing, and see like 4 of them, there's also a chanse to be chain locked, similiar to the riffle ones, but worse! The animation might be faster, but i feel it's more humiliating in a way, that you roll on the floor when you get locked by their shots ^_^*

8 hours ago, Zeta said:

The rifle shots travel very quickly, and if you get hit once you're probably going to be knockdown locked until you're dead (oh and their incap got fixed this update, so you might die in one shot too).

I personally don't "nessecerily" call it "fix" ^_^*
But yeah their attack is made to anoy people :3

Now imagine, it feels like... You've got one, and really one chanse, before they stunlock, and kill you! Sounds like defusing a bomb!

That wasn't my favorite quest at all before, but now i dare not enter there. Probably ever ^_^

9 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

Wartechy, while currently really a good class, i believe once the end game weapons will be out, it will be forgotten, due their base stats, and the lowered support PA, however, it will be a good solo character, as always, as most hybrids ^^

I don't know how popular Wartecher is, but I don't think it's in any danger of going obsolete. If you want a striking+tech character, you have to go either Wartecher or Acrotecher, and Acrotecher's melee abilities are pretty limited (only 20 skill cap, low ATP mod, limited weapon selection, though I guess they do have increased animation speed). Wartecher is also quite tanky, and yeah I figure they'd be pretty good for soloing too.

23 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

The mentioned Fighgunner, is the oddest of them all,maybe if they could have either 40 bullets, and or more weapons in their deck to use.....But then if that would happen, then other classes could be endangered.

They do have some pretty crazy stats, 180% ATP/ATA is hard to beat. On paper they look strong, with access to a lot of weapons and high offensive stats, but I just don't find them as appealing as other types. Acrofighter is pretty much my favorite type ever and it fills the 'striking with a side of ranged' niche. Yeah sure FI would do a lot more damage at range with S rank twin handguns and its higher stats, but AF is just too fun to play with its increased attack speed.

37 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

And call me pessimist for adding this into the list, but fortefighter... The only two facts i can bring in their deffense, is their weapon pool is larger, and the stamina ^_^*

I'm sure Beast Fortefighter will appeal to some people because 'maximum possible ATP'. But if I want a focused melee character I'd rather just play FM, increased attack speed is great. I don't think they'll be too popular in the future. I think most people play ranged or tech instead of striking, anyway.

42 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

The PP cost, isn't a big deal on  their hands! Because the normal attack recharges, and with a PP unit, you can make it even at first ^_^

Or just chug photon charges. Increased PP consumption is more of an annoyance than a real hindrance.

47 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

I'm more than scared when i hear that grunting "Saaaiiii!" when they shoot that zonde you're talking about ^_^ Because it's knock back, and if you're soloing, and see like 4 of them, there's also a chanse to be chain locked, similiar to the riffle ones, but worse! The animation might be faster, but i feel it's more humiliating in a way, that you roll on the floor when you get locked by their shots ^_^*

Oh yeah, you can definitely get caught and killed very quickly by AMF Heavy Infantry. In any other mission the AMF Heavy Infantry would be the biggest threat for sure.

51 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

I personally don't "nessecerily" call it "fix" ^_^*
But yeah their attack is made to anoy people :3

Now imagine, it feels like... You've got one, and really one chanse, before they stunlock, and kill you! Sounds like defusing a bomb!

That wasn't my favorite quest at all before, but now i dare not enter there. Probably ever ^_^

Yep. I just gave in and bought an Armas Line from player shops. I generally prefer to hunt expensive gear myself, but not if it means dealing with Military Subway.

• 2 weeks later...