Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Buff Idea & Brainstorm

Keystone

Hello, all.

I find buffing less fun than Resta-ing. In fact, buffing is no fun to me at all, because it adds nothing to teammates that enemies have any good chance of taking away. (Enemies can take away HP I add to teammates with Resta; slim chance they could do that to my buffs with their debuffs that usually don't even work.)

So here's a suggestion:

Give all enemies' damaging attacks a chance to remove buffs from players.

Chance to remove buff      Shifta Deband Zodial Retier

Fighgunner                           low       low      low     high

Wartecher                            none     low      high    low

Guntecher                             low      high     none   low

Fortefighter                           low      low      high    low

Fortegunner                          low      high     low     low

Fortetecher                           low      high     low    none

Protranser                             low       low      low    high

Acrofighter                            low       low      low    low

Acrotecher                            low       low     none  none

All Techers have at least one immunity. Thoughts? Other ideas to make buffs funner?

Idea for complementary buff overhaul (Added 4/10):

I would remove the time limit of buffs, and have the above as the main means of losing them.

I would change Megistar and make it the main means of buffing & rebuffing players:

No PA frag cost

Instead of having HP loss on ticks to balance it with normal buffs (let's let monsters take our HP):

Make Megistar add 2 random buffs not presently on players within range (2 uses guarantees full buffs)

Megistaride could do the same for 1 player (2 uses for full buffs, max allowed in inventory could be raised)

Edited by Keystone

Could be a good idea. (or not, see Zeta post below)

Also, this make me think that some custom ennemies/bosses (if that happen) could have an AoE pattern that remove all buffs (more a bosses stuff, with a new pattern for S5 custom falz or w/e)

Edited by Aelphasy

I really hope this wouldn't apply to buffs gained from Megistarides (or other buff items).

It's enough of a kick in the balls already for non-tech characters to have to pay 750 meseta per 3 minutes of buffs.

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

I really hope this wouldn't apply to buffs gained from Megistarides (or other buff items).

It's enough of a kick in the balls already for non-tech characters to have to pay 750 meseta per 3 minutes of buffs.

I would have it apply to Megistaride, but maybe raise the level of boost all stats to balance it if necessary (or drop the item's store price, or both). Plus, it would remove buffs individually at random. Maybe if one of four Megistaride buffs was removed, your HP could drop by 75% the value it normally drops each tick, for example.

Also, I wrote the chances as "low" and "high" rather than percentages to prevent assuming what reasonable chances would be.

Edited by Keystone

Also, this make me think that some custom ennemies/bosses (if that happen) could have an AoE pattern that remove all buffs (more a bosses stuff, with not a new pattern for S5 custom falz or w/e)

Edited 1 hour ago by Aelphasy

I thought about that too, like maybe letting a Polty, Rappy, or some otherwise superweak enemy to have an increased chance to remove your buffs.

I'd like a sound effect too on buff removal. Like glass breaking or something.

Edited by Keystone

this sounds like cancer, if this goes live i quit my at..xd do you enjoy rebuffing, example one of your comrades dies in battle and you have to rebuff? giving up on your dps.. watching all the time if there are no debuffs on your party? this would be annoying, the few quests where enemys do debuff are already annoying me enough.

"patch notes 4/01/22: new on ephinea, enjoy the new feature of random debuffs and enjoy buffing your comrades more often, be not just a debuff slave, take it one step further"..xd

Edited by Yuffie

Yeah, this sounds... Really awful. It just adds busy work, and will make my buffing characters get -even less- EXP as I chase my teammates around, trying to rebuff them, as they go about killing everything I haven't tagged yet.

Yuffie and Miyoko, I gave losing Shifta a low chance of removal for every type, and Retier only has a high chance of removal on classes that don't use Technics/TP.

Getting a single buff removed of any kind wouldn't have to happen more than getting frozen or stunned, and it would more likely be Zodial for fighters, Deband for ranged attackers, and Retier for classes not using their TP stat.

The way buffs are now, I enjoy using Resta more than buffing because the enemy can take away HP I add to teammates with Resta. On only very rare occasions, can they remove a buff. (Enemies' debuffs don't even work against me when I play, and the only other way they can remove my buffs is with incapacitate, since I'm not dying from anything else.)

I edited my first post and added as complementary suggestion:

Remove the time limit of buffs

Change Megistar and make it the main means of buffing & rebuffing players:

No PA frag cost

Instead of having HP loss on ticks to balance it with normal buffs (let's let monsters take our HP):

Make Megistar add 2 random buffs not presently on players within range (2 uses guarantees full buffs)

Megistaride could do the same for 1 player (2 uses for full buffs, max allowed in inventory could be raised)