Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kudos to the server

Sakarisei

Well, despite of the situation of the server, especially with Marmalade's resting from making content to Clementine, in conjunction of the staff which has made a significantly help to him, without forgetting some guys such as Killroy or other who maybe I don't remember from now, I would like to kudos to all staff for all the efforts which they have made for making the chance of playing PSU Online as a reality... once again, and not just as a beta test which was used to see it.

That release made a significant moment for all guys who, with or without experience in online mode, dreamt for playing the game with all virtues and weakness for just remembering old times from that game.

Tbh, I'd like to invite you to post your kudos here to motivate the staff to continue making content such as that C-Mode which can be very interesting for me, especially when it existed in another form.

But, anyways, thanks for all, Clementine Staff, and I hope we can see you with a smile while dedicating your time to the server 🙂

Greetings.

It's been a joy playing the game again. If I didn't know any better, I'd mistake it for an official server with the stability the Clementine staff has provided. The Kappa event brought so many feelings back about this game, and much excitement for what's to come on Clementine! With the changes made on the server, it's like a whole fresh new game again. 💗

Having never played the original PSU, Clem is the only way other than Youtube videos that I've experienced the online mode. I came into this game late November '20ish as someone who's played hundreds of hours of psp2i in Japanese, wondering what all the hype was about. The first hour or so of PSU I was like 'this is like Infinity but missing half the mechanics, I don't get it.' This was quickly replaced by 'PSU is my sanity preservation device in these trying times'. Yeah, there might be some things I don't like about Clem or things that I wish were different. But there are more things about Clem that I really like, and overall I've had a blast playing the game. And as someone who's done reverse engineering (albeit not of client<->server protocol, just game executables/data files) I have at least a little idea of how much work it must have been to get the game to its current state. Cheers.

In no particular order, some things I really like about Clem:

- Type levels going above 20. Sure, the gains are small but it just feels really cool to be able to slowly climb towards Type Level 100. It also keeps MP relevant, instead of the mechanic being pointless beyond the early game.

- Balance changes. Things like giving Fortefighter Level 30 bullets, or buffing Rising Strike have positively impacted my game experience. I can't speak too much for the overall balance of the game, but the changes that have been relevant to my characters so far have all been positive.

- Weapons having a minimum element of 30% (and neutral giving a bonus vs neutral enemies) means you'll never get a striking weapon that is completely useless. 30% might not be optimal damage but it's a whole lot better than getting 15% - that's just going to get sold to vendor.

- Limit Break techs make techers much more useful against bosses.

- Many other little things like the rare drop notification message. Hearing a sound and watching the message scroll just makes cracking open boxes more fun.

I really want to give a shout out to Marm. He is the true MVP here. I am actually very happy that he is taking some time to himself. He deserves it. I just hope that he remains the top dog indefinitely when it comes to major function changes. I personally feel like his insight on what Clementine should be is the one true insight. He legitimately knows what is best. He is also extremely neutral when it comes to opinions. Unlike some of the mods who have succumbed to the opinions and wishes of side communities in this game.

Whenever a complaint is raised. He looks very closely at the complaint. He then puts all the logistics together to look at the bigger picture. He knows what direction Clementine should go. I feel like the community, and the other mods, should not have any direct influence on where the game should go. Marm has such a strong outlook to what he thinks Clementine is. We are all characters to his game. 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Sakarisei said:

Well, despite of the situation of the server, especially with Marmalade's resting from making content to Clementine, in conjunction of the staff which has made a significantly help to him, without forgetting some guys such as Killroy or other who maybe I don't remember from now, I would like to kudos to all staff for all the efforts which they have made for making the chance of playing PSU Online as a reality... once again, and not just as a beta test which was used to see it.

That release made a significant moment for all guys who, with or without experience in online mode, dreamt for playing the game with all virtues and weakness for just remembering old times from that game.

Tbh, I'd like to invite you to post your kudos here to motivate the staff to continue making content such as that C-Mode which can be very interesting for me, especially when it existed in another form.

But, anyways, thanks for all, Clementine Staff, and I hope we can see you with a smile while dedicating your time to the server 🙂

Greetings.

I would like to thank you for this lovely post and it's kind words towards the hard working mods/devs/helpers. 🙂

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Sakarisei said:

Greetings.

Thank you for the kind words! We really strive to make Clementine the best it can be.