Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PSU Grinding Proposal

Cake

Disclaimer:
My idea is considered an idea and is not a be all end all change. It is also not affecting top end chances. only "risky grinds"
We all see the discussions in general about grinding. We know it sucks, and its a waste of money for how fast the weapon you grind gets out classed.
The official grinding system was built off of A LOT slower progression and I believe that on a private server that updates so much faster than we can even make 10/10 s ranks (took over a month and over 100m for first 10/10 pwand worth maybe 30 or 40m that will be replaced soon). it needs to change in some way, shape, or form soon
I have linked a picture to the current grind system compared to my idea. Please take a look. If anyone is confused I will be glad to elaborate

The Idea:
One big issue of the server is the amount of s ranks being grinded. cost of entry is astronomical and a small amount of people actually grind.
When you synth a grinder board, you hope for +9s and +10s. +8s are used for the first grind and +7 and below are either stored to never be touched or are straight up deleted. they are worthless.
Using s+10s from 1->10 is a 4.7%ish chance to get a 10/10.
What if without changing s+10 success rates, we change every grinders % success under so the "wasted grinders" from synthing can be used to get more weps grinded without putting 130k a grind for a wep thats worth 200k and 10/10 worth 1mill for outdated wep. Since gear gets replaced so fast theres no reason in grinding older gear or lower % gear. even if you get it say 9/9 and its AS GOOD as best in slot 0/10 or 4/10... you lose money because you ALWAYS have to use mostly +9 or +10s

What if we take s+10 rates and each grinder we go down we drop the chance by 1%. as an example, grind 5->6 with s+10 is a 71% chance. what if s+9 is 70 and s+8 is 69 and drops by 1 every time,
You may be thinking "OMG EVERYONES GOING TO HAVE A 10/10 WITH THIS" no. Remember the 4.7% chance? using all s+9s with my system its a 4.1% chance. thats a 15% chance decrease s8s is 3.6% chance ect. The success rates will be at the bottom of the picture.
Why do this at all? 
Make +1s->+7s useful
grind older gear without spending a fortune
Make ALL grinders from synth useable or sellable, but for best in slot you will still use s+10s if u really want to go for 10/10s with best odds.
Make all grinders sellable on market, S+10 price may go down slightly, but s+9 price will go up and the rest of the grinders will still be worth selling since they are all useful so overall grinder meseta will increase per every 30k board.
Yes, i understand we will have more 10/10 weps with this... but its not because s+10 rates are better, its because more weps will be grinded overall. and more people will be willing to grind gear, even if its not best in slot, or not a 50%... This is not a top end improvement, its everything below top end
im sorry if it was all over the place i worte this in like 20min lol

grinding proposal.png

I hope my comment dosen't seem like disrespectful, but i find this idea ridicolus.

If the old system says 0% wouldn't it be more reasonable if it would be say 10% at most?

9 hours ago, Cake said:

it needs to change in some way

If i would to be bold enough i would say add a new level for the grinders, that have to be crafted! with say:

• 5 grinder s+10
  • 5 Nano-photon
  • an expensive material

That is of course would make 1, that would either guarantee the level for all, or like about 90% at 9-10

Of course, same would go wih C B A too, but the material would be less expensive, and the nano-photon numbers would be less

• Moderators

I do think making the other grinder levels have more use is a step in the right direction for the system. Obviously the grinding system is a "feels bad" for most players as it was built upon a game that used a subscription service to keep you playing. We will be looking at ways to improve the grinding system without implementing any jank solutions (this is the reason for why the repair grinders from the previous test have not made a return). We want any improvement to the grinding system to be a permanent and properly implemented one. However, as Marm has mentioned, there isn't going to be any real work on much for about the next 2 months. So once May has arrived we will have time to look into what is possible for us to do with the grinding system to make an actual permanent improvement.

On 3/9/2021 at 1:57 PM, Kyu said:

I do think making the other grinder levels have more use is a step in the right direction for the system. Obviously the grinding system is a "feels bad" for most players as it was built upon a game that used a subscription service to keep you playing. We will be looking at ways to improve the grinding system without implementing any jank solutions (this is the reason for why the repair grinders from the previous test have not made a return). We want any improvement to the grinding system to be a permanent and properly implemented one. However, as Marm has mentioned, there isn't going to be any real work on much for about the next 2 months. So once May has arrived we will have time to look into what is possible for us to do with the grinding system to make an actual permanent improvement.

Having the other grinders be more useful would be amazing! I'm glad you guys are seeing these concerns and are willing to improve on it. It def is rough for most people and a think a change for the better with grinding would be the biggest quality of life improvement 💯

I do not agree with the second chart. Low end grinders are given way too high of a percentage in my personal opinion. This is a really bad chart for me. 

If something like this is to be implemented, then I believe all grinders from the server should be wiped and olpad, copernia, and base S should definitely have their rates reduced drastically. 

This system would make 10/10ing a weapon cost pennies.

Sorry Cake, no thanks.