Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Checking for new patch files" -> Error 38

Sabriel

Question

I really wanted to play Clementine again, however my game seemingly just won't connect to the servers no matter what. When I first tried, I was getting an immediate error code 51, trying again later, it would check for patch files until it timed out with an error 38. I've launched the launcher in admin, and PSUC in admin, nothing changed. I am trying to play the game on a college wifi, but I'm unsure if that's the problem considering I played on this server last year on the same wifi and worked fine.

13 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

Can i ask a screenshot of the error please?

This is really all that's happening, it hangs on checking for new patch files, and then times out with an error 38. I didn't have this problem yesterday when I first installed, however I was getting an Error 51 instead.

error.PNG

1 minute ago, Fruzsina said:

Hmmm, odd, have you tried to reinstall the game?

I have, yes. The launcher also shows this to me, despite the fact that everyone is playing right now. I was advised to ping the clementine server in cmd with a trace, and it hung up once but it ended up connecting in the end so I'm really not sure what's going on.

launcher.PNG

trace.PNG

3 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

Hmmm, sometimes my internet isn't wish to load certain pages, so i have to restart the box, Have you tried to restart the internet?
(with the pc together)

Sadly I'm using my campuses wifi for everything. My first assumption was that they blocked the access to the clementine servers, but I remember playing the server last year on the same wifi so I'm not sure what the problem is on that front.