Find results in...

[Release] Gnome Glasses - 1.14

Gnome

• Administrators

Gnome Glasses

Current version: 1.14

An all-in-one(someday) addon for PSU

Current features

• Floor reader (Item scanner) - This will display all drops on the ground in your current block, this is up to 50 items, and will scroll.
  • PA Hit to next level display - This is kinda basic, but will display the number of hits to next level of the PA you're currently using. (Will only update on hit / buff use)
  • Smooth text on Playernames & others - Just makes player name text _smoooooooth_
  • The ability to completely customise the look of the addon, in the style menu.
  • The ability to move, drag, resize and do with what you want, the windows of this addon.

Media

Floor Reader(Item Scanner):Example

PA Hit to Next Level: Example

Smooth text: OFF and ON

Installation:

1) Download the zip below.

2) Extract the files directly into your PSU folder, you can choose to replace your current online.exe, or just use this one separately, they both function the same outside of injecting my DLL.

3) Open the Launcher as ADMIN <- this is kinda important pls no forget

4) Launch game

5) Profit????

Hotkeys / general use info:

• Insert or PLUS(+) - this will toggle the display of the overlay at all.
  • / (Forward Slash) - this will toggle the menu bar, from here you can open style settings and turn on and off windows.
  • Moving windows around and adjusting display is straight forward, just use your mouse, drag around and off you go.

Patch Notes

07/02/2021 - v1.13

Patch 1.13 -
+ Added a new option where you can select the column order. E.G. Item Name | Element | Rarity...etc
+ Added a new key for the overlay toggle for those that don't have an insert. This is PLUS(+)
+ Added higher res textures for the star rarity, thanks to @Jyuki
+ Made it so the menu/overlay hotkeys do nothing if you're typing in-game. (This includes login etc)

[Fixes]
- The Addon will now display a message at start-up to let you know if it started correctly.
- Potential band-aid fix for the controllers causing the addon to not work at all.
         -Still looking into a full fix for this, that isn't gross.
- Fixed an issue causing the incorrect star texture to display for certain rarities.

14/02/2021 - v1.14 (Not a huge one, hopefully more features later)

Patch 1.14 -
+ Added Japanese support

[Fixes]
- Hopefully fixed the issue causing the addon to not work at all. Along with the controller fix. (Let me know if it just didn't fix it, and ill just...cry?)

If you have any bugs / issues, feel free to either DM me directly on Discord, or just leave a lovely informative post here. Thanks.

Disclaimer: The Launcher still gets flagged by windows and others, I love working with Microsoft, they definitely haven't lied to me many times about fixing this issue.

Just so you're aware, you might have to allow this launcher on your PC, like you probably did with online.exe.

GnomePSU1.14.zip

I haven't tried this yet, but it looks great. Hopefully it doesn't lag my 10 year old PC like Pluvio's does.

As for future updates, I would love buff timers. Let's say you cast Shifta. It could display the little red up arrow icon for Shifta, along with the SE level of it (from 1 to 5), and have a countdown timer next to it. Giresta's HP regen should be included; maybe you could use the Giresta tech icon for it. And if you want to be extra fancy, there could be a visual and / or audio cue when buffs are around 20 to 30 seconds from expiring, to act as a reminder to refresh.

Another idea would work in tandem with consumable items and / or trap server commands that Marm creates. Think of the hotbar from PSOBB. That way, we can know how many Trimates or Fire G traps we have remaining.

Wow very nice!! this looks so clean!
I wish I knew about ImGui before releasing mine so that it could have much better functionality, instead it was more of a Frankenstein's monster lol

I don't wish to take away from some of the others that have worked on similar addons to this, including @Pluvio, and if you prefer his layout / addon you're free to check that out here

Nah not at all, mine was really just a fill in until someone could make a better version of it. I had a ton of fun working on it though!
I'll continue to mess around and I'll let you know if I happen across any cool ideas.

Thanks again Gnome!

Edited by Pluvio

I'm trying to get this to work, but it does nothing. I followed all of the instructions carefully, multiple times. I allowed the files via Windows Defender. I made sure they went directly in my PSU folder, ran the new launcher as admin, tried insert and both slash keys while inside missions when items were on the floor, and there is nothing.

Mine is working fine, and even work alongside Reshade. But it won't let me modify the colors (trying to use Nord colors), I push enter then it goes back to the previous numbers. Found how, lol.

Edit: Can you make it so we can changes the R G B colors without going through that horrible HSV color picker ? (which is not even working like a normal HSV, too)

Edit2: 10* appear in green (as shown in the screenshot)

PSUC_2021-02-04_01-10-57.thumb.jpg.3edb30e19e7a056b3183d89560f8df59.jpg

I'll also add a "can't get it to work" to the list unfortunately.
Followed all steps, gave elevated privileges to the file, ran as admin, FORCED admin, tried without admin, removed all elevated privileges, no methods worked.

• Administrators

I know a good handful of users are experiencing issues getting this to work, I'm looking into the cause and will update the files when I have a fix.

2 hours ago, Jyuki said:

Mine is working fine, and even work alongside Reshade. But it won't let me modify the colors (trying to use Nord colors), I push enter then it goes back to the previous numbers. Found how, lol.

Edit: Can you make it so we can changes the R G B colors without going through that horrible HSV color picker ? (which is not even working like a normal HSV, too)

Edit2: 10* appear in green (as shown in the screenshot)

Thanks for the feedback, if you press save settings it shouldn't revert (unless revert is being pressed somehow)

I'll note the star being wrong for 10star and I'll look into making a better style editor.

Edit: Rather just edit the last post that flood this with more.

@Jyuki Unsure if this was more what you meant.
These are already in the version available, but not sure how robust/how exactly you'd like to see it. or would you like RGB to be displayed on the HSV color picker as well?

285f72bb5e9e28c0b96cb7f560366e21.gif

Edit 2: I believe I've discovered the problem causer of most people not being able to use this. Will continue to investigate and figure out a fix to implement. Thanks

• Administrators

Updated to 1.1 - minor patches to some issues

-HSV color picker should work fine? (left click the color box)
-Removed some font options that didn't work
-Added saving to the column width of the item scanner.
-Made it so the PA HtL text didn't vanish when it was confused and scared.
-Hopefully fixed the issue causing alot of people not being able to use this.

Let me know if the fix worked for those of you that couldn't get it to work, I thought I'd found the cause but I can't be 100%

Apparently 1.1's fix worked for some users that couldn't get it to work, please let me know if it didn't for others.

04/02/2021 - v1.11

-Fixed an issue caused in 1.1 that made the item scanner's columns disappear. (Sorry about that)

Been goofin around with this for a bit. Thanks for this. Few things...

I identified a problem. I doubt it's something that can be fixed, just putting it out there is all. I use 800 internal res to have a larger game UI so I can see healthbars and whatnot easier. 800 res + resizing the main game throws the gnome UI off. I need to make the window small to get accuracy, drag/resize the gnome UI elements as I want, then resize the main game window to a size I want after.

Can we swap field order? Specifically, I don't care for star rarity as #1, I want names 1st to help save space.

Can we set the size of a field? Specifically, I don't need the star rarity field to be so huge.

Edited by ugh-huu

http://prntscr.com/ybmzvi

Tried the updated version and it works! I'm impressed with how well it works and how it lets me customize the position, colors, etc. Good job, Gnome.

My only complaint is how the top bar keeps toggling on and off whenever I type / or ?. The insert key also clashes with some of my chat shortcuts. Is it possible to let us set our own keys or combinations of keys to control it?

• Administrators

05/02/2021 - v1.12
- Added a new option to toggle if the overlay auto-hides in lobby (item scanner & PA hits)
- Added a new option for "Smooth Text" - makes PSU's playername's nicer & a few others.
- Added a version display on the menu bar, so you can confirm if you're on the latest or not.
- Added a new option menu for general use cases, rather than cram it on the menu bar:
    + Ability to filter items by item type - will only display what you have checked.
    + Ability to lock the window so you don't accidentally move it around
    + Ability to remove the titlebar and column headers
    - Moved alot of the clutter from the menu to the new options menu

[Fixes]
- Fixed hotkeys interacting even when tabbed out

I know I didn't get to alot of what people wanted to see, but hopefully in my next update push.

8 hours ago, ugh-huu said:

Can we swap field order? Specifically, I don't care for star rarity as #1, I want names 1st to help save space.

Can we set the size of a field? Specifically, I don't need the star rarity field to be so huge.

For your first question, it's something I wanted to do, so people can set their preference as they want. I'll look into doing this for the next update.

For the second one, you can already do this in the current version, and since 1.0. I know it isn't explained anywhere so I don't blame you for missing it.

aa0080bb1d3724d0f664cd8eb7f8e77f.gif

Solid, thank you very much.

A thought, is it possible to tell Gnome Glasses the sorting order? If not can that be added? I had some Trimates dropped in B1, they were always at the top of my list. I'd much rather have old things at the bottom so it's easy to know what's new and in the now. If that's already possible and I missed it I apologize.

Edited by ugh-huu

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Zane said:

So I have three different keyboards and none of them have an insert key...would it be possible to change this to something more common?

I kinda figured this would be an issue, I need a better grouping of keys to be honest.

I hope to make them configurable later on, if there's a key you know how that does nothing in PSU and is available on your keyboard, let me know, I can make a secondary hotkey that does the same.

If your keyboard has /, you can use that to open the menu and overlay (it won't toggle the overlay as a whole though)

2 minutes ago, Gnome said:

I kinda figured this would be an issue, I need a better grouping of keys to be honest.

I hope to make them configurable later on, if there's a key you know how that does nothing in PSU and is available on your keyboard, let me know, I can make a secondary hotkey that does the same.

If your keyboard has /, you can use that to open the menu and overlay (it won't toggle the overlay as a whole though)

Maybe tilde/backtick?

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Zane said:

Maybe tilde/backtick?

Sure, I'll add that in, I'll update soon for you. I assume you're also Zane on Discord, so I'll DM you when it's up. Shouldn't be long ❤️

Okay so i've checked the mod, and there's something i don't understand

On 2/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, Gnome said:

Hotkeys / general use info:

• Insert - this will toggle the display of the overlay at all.
  • / (Forward Slash) - this will toggle the menu bar, from here you can open style settings and turn on and off windows.

When i press insert, the little box thing turns on and off
When i press / key, it dose nothing on my end.
Turns out, it's a different key for me. I need to press alt + ü which is this symbole ¨

I tried numpad / and shift + 6 which is also /

So is i wonder if it's because i have hungarian keyboard

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

Okay so i've checked the mod, and there's something i don't understand

When i press insert, the little box thing turns on and off
When i press / key, it dose nothing on my end.
Turns out, it's a different key for me. I need to press alt + ü which is this symbole ¨

I tried numpad / and shift + 6 which is also /

So is i wonder if it's because i have hungarian keyboard

Yeah, so in code, / is an OEM key, it's dependant on your keyboard Layout