Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PhotonFX ReShade

This is a ReShade for PSU created by 8Phantasm that was lost with the old Clementine forum. It helps with a lot of the jagginess, makes colors vibrant, adds bloom, etc.

Huge thanks to 8Phantasm and anyone else involved for their hard work and I would not be able to post this if it weren't for Andromeda (DandyP#2536 on Discord), so shoutouts to him! Super helpful and friendly guy.

I've attached the files needed to get this working. All you need to do is open the folder after extracting the rar and drop the "ReShade" folder, "d3d9.dll", and "ReShade.fx" into your Clementine folder, so 3 items in total. No need for ReShade installation!

Here's a simple comparison of what it can do:

BEFORE

spacer.png

------------------------------

AFTER

spacer.png

Here's a video I found that can help with any setup you may need, like customizing settings, but really just drop the 3 items into your Clem folder and launch the game.

Also, fun tip, the Scroll Lock key will enable and disable the effects if you're interested in seeing the difference in-game. Have fun trying out different settings!

See you guys out there!

Backup download link

PhotonFX 1.0 - ReShade+Framework 0.18.7 Preset.rar

On 4/27/2019 at 2:07 PM, Nemo said:

Do you happen to have the texture extractor? Or is that a closed loop program still ?

Unfortunately, all I have from PhotonFX is in the attached rar. I was never able to download the original from the old forums. If there was a texture extractor, I can’t say that I have it. Sorry!

It does still seem to be a closed-loop program.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:36 PM, Zidane said:

Nope its not saying anything.

All I can think of is maybe deleting the ReShade folder and the d3d9.dll and ReShade.fx files and then dropping them back into your Clementine folder. Something may have went wrong when the files were initially dropped in.

It is being detected though if it’s loading the splash screen at the beginning... Yeah, something’s not right. Try to delete and reapply the files to your Clem folder. It could be something as simple as that. I hope it works!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators
8 hours ago, Tetsuo348@gmail.com said:

It looks great but everything is curved after i copied the files.  I might look better if i had a curved monitor but i dont lol.  Is there something im doing wrong for a flat screen?

It's a fisheye lens effect that is automatically applied. To turn it off, navigate to your PSU Clementine folder and go to the Reshade folder, then open the McFX_settings config file using notepad. Find the field near the top of the file named "#define USE_FISHEYE_CA" and change the value to the right of it from 1 to 0, and then save and restart PSU. Should be off at that point.

• 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, ReaperO13 said:

So another question. IS there a way to tone down the saturation? I may be blind but I cant seam to find it.

From the looks of it, this isn't using Reshade 4.0, might be 3.0 or 2.0, I'm not sure.

If it's 3.0, try pressing Home and see if it calls up a menu.

If it's 2.0 then you'll have to manually edit the text files.

Edited by Selphea
42 minutes ago, Selphea said:

From the looks of it, this isn't using Reshade 4.0, might be 3.0 or 2.0, I'm not sure.

If it's 3.0, try pressing Home and see if it calls up a menu.

If it's 2.0 then you'll have to manually edit the text files.

Is there a updated version of this (PhotonFX ReShade) that I should be looking for?

Just now, ReaperO13 said:

Is there a updated version of this (PhotonFX ReShade) that I should be looking for?

Reshade is an app, PhotonFX is the name of the configuration the OP uses. Unfortunately PhotonFX uses shaders that are not supported by newer versions of Reshade, so this is about as new as it gets. If you want to adjust settings for older Reshade, the process is similar to this:

On 3/8/2021 at 12:17 AM, Kyu said:

It's a fisheye lens effect that is automatically applied. To turn it off, navigate to your PSU Clementine folder and go to the Reshade folder, then open the McFX_settings config file using notepad. Find the field near the top of the file named "#define USE_FISHEYE_CA" and change the value to the right of it from 1 to 0, and then save and restart PSU. Should be off at that point.

I believe the setting that changes saturation should be in one of the text files if not McFX_settings, though I'm not familiar enough with the text files to tell you which one and where.

4 hours ago, Selphea said:

Reshade is an app, PhotonFX is the name of the configuration the OP uses. Unfortunately PhotonFX uses shaders that are not supported by newer versions of Reshade, so this is about as new as it gets. If you want to adjust settings for older Reshade, the process is similar to this:

I believe the setting that changes saturation should be in one of the text files if not McFX_settings, though I'm not familiar enough with the text files to tell you which one and where.

Thank you for all the help I ended up getting ReShade 4.9 and making my own template. This was very new to me so I really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, ReaperO13 said:

Thank you for all the help I ended up getting ReShade 4.9 and making my own template. This was very new to me so I really appreciate it.

No prob! It's a bit of a rabbit hole with a lot of shaders to explore. If you dig into the different libraries and settings out there you can change a lot -- even doing raytracing (with some drawbacks). Sometimes it's more fun than playing the game itself! 😂

My own settings for 4.9 are in this thread. I personally prefer something lighter so you won't see as huge a difference, but if you want some ideas for what to use you can take a look.

For me the must-haves are:

1. SMAA. Anti-aliasing but retains sharpness better than other AA types.
  2. Bloom. Makes light sources "bleed" light into their surroundings. qUINT Bloom is a little too strong for me so I use the older Pirate Bloom.
  3. Lightroom. General color grading. PSU blacks tend to be kind of grey and the whites also tend to be kind of grey.
  4. Sharpen. Make the low-res textures look somewhat less low-res.
  5. Light Adaptation. Another older shader but helps with contrast in low-light areas like walking through a cave.

Lightroom is really powerful. On older versions I had to turn on 5 filters to do what it does with 1 (for me it replaces HDR, Tonemap, Vibrance, Curves, Levels), though part of it was also me learning to be more efficient with shaders. If you use Photoshop you'll probably find a lot of familiar features in it.

Edited by Selphea

Thank you Metsume!  I had been researching trying to find a decent HDAO ReShade option for AMD graphics card users in response to Selphea's HBAO+ post...

But this is even better than anything I could have found!  I got rid of the fisheye effect though, even though I have a curved monitor, it's still a bit distorting, it's not worth it IMHO.

The effects however really give the game a whole new coat of paint and lighting, it's pretty incredible how much of a difference it's made.  This mod is a keeper IMHO!