Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PA EXP Mission

milranduil

On JP we had a GC mission that allowed the player to play a mission specifically geared toward leveling PAs. It took place on the 5th floor and basically threw a bunch of waves Polties, Kakwanes, and Koltovas at the player (99 enemies total). Since it was a GC mission, it had a bonus towards character and PA EXP. The quest had drops, but by the standards at the time, they were basically worthless (enemy drops and a couple clear boxes with like Orpad/Leg chance or something). 

I would propose a similar mission without the bonus character/PA EXP, hell I don't even care if it has clear boxes. The mission was super convenient because it had consistent spawns of 5-6 mobs the whole time in a single large room, so you spent the whole time fighting. No need to run between rooms or anything like that. Would be a really nice QoL for leveling PAs for all classes since many missions have spawns of 2-3 or large enemies only at a time making leveling PAs like lasers, barta, jabroga, etc. more tedious than others. Would be cool if they had high stamina too so stuff like megid couldn't incap or other damaging statuses couldn't drain them (a constant pain while leveling).

Here's a video example of the mission on JP: 

I didn't know about that either, that's cool. That one is definitely lost to the void (only got one GC mission and it hardly works), but it's something worth looking into for the future.

1 hour ago, Midori Hoshi said:

Do you know why the player wasn't taking any damage at all, even from different element enemy attacks?

I would suspect that the enemy stat modifiers for the mission have been made low enough that all the enemies have effectively 0 for most stats except HP. It would suck to spend GC on that and then die to it.

1 hour ago, Marmalade said:

I didn't know about that either, that's cool. That one is definitely lost to the void (only got one GC mission and it hardly works), but it's something worth looking into for the future.

I would suspect that the enemy stat modifiers for the mission have been made low enough that all the enemies have effectively 0 for most stats except HP. It would suck to spend GC on that and then die to it.

It would have to wait until custom missions are possible of course. This was more of a long-term suggestion once that's possible (I don't know the details behind where that's at). I only played the mission on JP a couple times myself since it was pay per run, but it was really good for its purpose and very hard to die to the mobs.

24 minutes ago, milranduil said:

It would have to wait until custom missions are possible of course. This was more of a long-term suggestion once that's possible (I don't know the details behind where that's at). I only played the mission on JP a couple times myself since it was pay per run, but it was really good for its purpose and very hard to die to the mobs.

Honestly custom missions are possible since they made a custom mission called Frozen Sanctum.

You can check this video from the PSU Clementine channel for it.

Greetings.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 2:15 PM, Marmalade said:

So other than being told that the GC mission in question can't be accessed past the payment NPC. How would one be able to bypass that and what problems lurk inside the mission itself?

• 2 weeks later...

So I found this picture from last test, and It looks like the Stars Camp & Training Mission were in this counter, which means all we have of these missions are the counter:

Screen_Shot_2019-12-07_at_6.25.08_PM.png

I swear there was a mission select inside of it.

Edited by Kanako