Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mil's Bug Report/Adjustment Thread

milranduil

Enemy bugs:

Enemy Grants, the light projectile, (most enemies in WB, some holy grounds enemies) seems to not use MST when calculating damage done to player. To clarify:

-the attack should be treated as a physical attack in that it can be blocked (works currently)

-the attack should scale with enemy TP (currently uses enemy's ATP instead)

-the attack should decrease based on player's MST (currently uses enemy's DFP)

Other Cases of techs probably using ATP/DFP instead of TP/MST:

-Mother Brain's "fake" techs/debuffs

-Dulk Fakis 2 & Dark Falz 2 "fake" techs/debuffs

Enemy modifiers:

-SEED-Vance/Vitace - tentacles should use an ATP and ATA modifier much less than 100% (currently researching an estimate for these)

-Kog Nadd - trample damage should use an ATP and ATA modifier much less than 100% (currently researching an estimate for these)

-Mother Brain/Dulk Fakis 2/Dark Falz 2 - "fake" tech/debuff casts should use an ATA modifier much less than 100% (so much less so that low EVP/fighter classes *normally* block these, researching an estimate)

Mission bugs:

-Sleeping Warriors has a set of layouts (1 of 3 layouts, or 3 of 9 maps) that only spawn 1 Svaltus in A4 as opposed to 3 or 4 (depending on difficulty). This layout in A1 has the container to the right that spawns Badiras. 

-Beach Bum Beast has a set of layouts (1 of 3) that do not give PA frags on clear. The other two give frags normally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player related:
-Regrants currently deals 4% of its damage to player instead of 1% (HP Reflect Lv1 likely rebalanced for items caused this bug)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent Bug Fixes:

-Enemy stat modifiers all completely redone. The vast majority all seem to be corrected. 

-Enemy tech damage no longer causes knockback (hit flag changed).

-Turrets no longer status (freeze/incap/etc.)

-Boss hitbox tech reduction has been removed in various places (mostly dragon bosses)

Edited by milranduil

On 11/1/2020 at 1:04 AM, milranduil said:

Turrets in Black Nest shoot megid that can incap which shouldn't be possible.

the turrets if my memory serves me right are meant to shoot megid. and megid in psu has an extremely high chance to 1 shot people unlike pso2 phantasy star zero where its just a heavy hitting spell that poisons. also unless its a low level version and your stupid lucky then you shouldnt be 1 shot every time. this isent a bug its very much a real thing. its the reason jarbas are a pain because the freeze you then spit megid at you. 

Edited by Drako Lo Garnus
added information

1 hour ago, Drako Lo Garnus said:

the turrets if my memory serves me right are meant to shoot megid. and megid in psu has an extremely high chance to 1 shot people unlike pso2 phantasy star zero where its just a heavy hitting spell that poisons. also unless its a low level version and your stupid lucky then you shouldnt be 1 shot every time. this isent a bug its very much a real thing. its the reason jarbas are a pain because the freeze you then spit megid at you. 

both barta and megid turrets on official couldn't status effect.

• Moderators
On 11/1/2020 at 1:04 AM, milranduil said:

The enemy buff staff and boot are not correctly appearing on various mobs such as Pannons and Delsabens. 

Are you able to share an example of where it should be appearing? I'm not exactly sure what mission to look at.

Fight for Food, Seed Awakened block 3, demons above etc. Pannons, Delsabens, Gohmons for example should never have shield *only*. The shield is always paired with the staff and boot for those enemies. An example of an enemy that does not and should not have staff and boot is a Vahra.

Great finds! I'll try to keep an eye out as well for oddities like this. The buffs on some enemies right away didn't feel like how they used to be. I witnessed a friend die from a Megid turret, while that never happened before.

As for a unique problem I spotted and can recall, I was hit by Barta and put to sleep.

Reorganized OP again to separate issues. The enemy tech damage problem is likely due to the sword modifier appearing where it shouldn't, so I've removed the side note.

If I had to pick an issue that's most important right now, it's the unintended damage reduction. The enemies that resist melee damage also resisting bullets and techs are making bullet and tech classes feel really, really bad almost anywhere.

As for a unique problem I spotted and can recall, I was hit by Barta and put to sleep.

This is a really odd one I haven't encountered. Where was this?

10 hours ago, milranduil said:

Reorganized OP again to separate issues. The enemy tech damage problem is likely due to the sword modifier appearing where it shouldn't, so I've removed the side note.

If I had to pick an issue that's most important right now, it's the unintended damage reduction. The enemies that resist melee damage also resisting bullets and techs are making bullet and tech classes feel really, really bad almost anywhere.

This is a really odd one I haven't encountered. Where was this?

This happened to me on Forested Islands, B rank.

On 11/2/2020 at 9:04 AM, Aelphasy said:

Rather than redo a topic, I allow myself to use this one :

Ran Snowcap Screamers mission, and got the rare map twice : everytime, the rare enemy Bil de Melan didn't "appear" (I can fight him, clear the mission, but there is a display issue; he is invisible)

I can confirm this. The Bil de Milan's character models straight-up didn't appear. I could hit/kill them easy enough, but I had no clue what moves they were about to use, nor could I see where they were without being up close enough to see the little red target reticule.

Is it just me or does it feel like just about every bigger enemy always spawns with buffs? I've noticed in Lonely Laboratory runs that every Bal Soza and Bil De Vear spawns with the sword, shield, or both buffs. Don't remember if it was always like this but I don't think it was. Same with Olgohmons in Neudaiz always having a shield, same with humanoid enemies. 

Most of this is addressable and can go in with OUF rebalancing. The one thing that isn't so easy though is this:

On 11/1/2020 at 5:04 AM, milranduil said:

Some mobs are displaying sword and/or shield when they shouldn't be (e.g. Svaltus/Polavohra in A4 of Sleeping Warriors). This *is* affecting their ATP/ATA/EXP.

Up until fairly recently I believed that the stat modifiers for enemies were consistent, so Sword being enabled would always be Sword for any enemy, and sadly this isn't true. Instead of it being Crown, Sword, Shield, Staff, Boot, etc, it's more like Crown, Buff 1, Buff 2, Buff 3, Buff 4, where the buff is specific to the enemy in question.

This means a Pannon can have Buff 1 be Sword, while a Bal Soza can have Buff 1 be a Staff, and a Rogue Jasse has Buff 1 as a Shield (or something like that... I forget, but I remember it annoying me). Until we find a way to identify all of these buff types for enemies then there isn't a lot that can be done.  I suspect it's more an enemy type thing than an individual enemy thing, so most of the enemies should be ok. It's just a few that are different, I guess?

Cross referencing them with Official would help in some places, since I have a better chance of knowing which buff is set or unset for that enemy back then, and what it corresponds to.

If anyone wants to do that... feel free. I would need to know the Enemy, what Buff(s) it has, and in what mission/rank. Generally speaking, once it's set from one mission then it should apply to all of them. Just keep in mind that the buff is set by the mission, so an enemy might have Sword in one, but Sword and Shield in another. Having them be as isolated as possible gives the best chance of recovering them. If an enemy has two buffs applied, it's going to be difficult to know which one is which.

On 11/1/2020 at 5:04 AM, milranduil said:

White beast barta turrets should also not freeze.

I have this vague memory of them freezing in White Beast, but I think I'm remembering the blue fire... huh. That means Turrets potentially have a flag to enable or disable inflicting a status, but again, kind of need a mission that had that behavior...

Thanks for reminding.

• Silver Supporter
29 minutes ago, Marmalade said:

I have this vague memory of them freezing in White Beast, but I think I'm remembering the blue fire... huh. That means Turrets potentially have a flag to enable or disable inflicting a status, but again, kind of need a mission that had that behavior...

The upright ones defiantly froze like the one right before the boss. That flag is also probably used for the megid turrets that are not supposed to incap.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Marmalade said:

Most of this is addressable and can go in with OUF rebalancing. The one thing that isn't so easy though is this:

Up until fairly recently I believed that the stat modifiers for enemies were consistent, so Sword being enabled would always be Sword for any enemy, and sadly this isn't true. Instead of it being Crown, Sword, Shield, Staff, Boot, etc, it's more like Crown, Buff 1, Buff 2, Buff 3, Buff 4, where the buff is specific to the enemy in question.

This means a Pannon can have Buff 1 be Sword, while a Bal Soza can have Buff 1 be a Staff, and a Rogue Jasse has Buff 1 as a Shield (or something like that... I forget, but I remember it annoying me). Until we find a way to identify all of these buff types for enemies then there isn't a lot that can be done.  I suspect it's more an enemy type thing than an individual enemy thing, so most of the enemies should be ok. It's just a few that are different, I guess?

Cross referencing them with Official would help in some places, since I have a better chance of knowing which buff is set or unset for that enemy back then, and what it corresponds to.

If anyone wants to do that... feel free. I would need to know the Enemy, what Buff(s) it has, and in what mission/rank. Generally speaking, once it's set from one mission then it should apply to all of them. Just keep in mind that the buff is set by the mission, so an enemy might have Sword in one, but Sword and Shield in another. Having them be as isolated as possible gives the best chance of recovering them. If an enemy has two buffs applied, it's going to be difficult to know which one is which.

Thanks for reminding.

Enemy buffs:
The sleeping warriors example is the easiest I can think of to use to investigate what's going wrong. In A4, depending on the map layout sometimes a Polavohra spawns after entering, or a Svaltus. In either case, that one first enemy in A4 always gets the sword (or buff1 if you will). The Svaltus at the end of A4, regardless of the layout giving 1 or 2 (or 3 on S2) also spawn with the sword. However, Svaltus to my knowledge never spawned with any buffs in any mission anywhere. I also notice that the Svaltus in Fantastic Voyage do *not* spawn with a sword, so this particular problem seems unique to the Sleeping Warriors Svaltus/Pola in A4 only.

Military Subway has a plethora of enemies that spawn with sword/shield or both, but I haven't had a chance to test if they're actually doing anything yet. The humanoids do a load of damage, but it's hard to distinguish whether this is the sword buff or the extra ATP enemies have right now on S and above (or both). They are supposed to do high damage as far as enemies go, but it seems higher than usual. I may wait for enemy stats to be changed/updated before trying to test further here.

Enemy tech knockback:
Just to be complete, the enemy techs that should *not* cause knockback are: zonde, barta, megid. The other techs doing so is normal, these 3 are the problematic ones.

Turrets:
Yes the moving flame definitely freezes and is meant to. Just the ones that fire techs should not. I specifically remember this because you could not level Anti in white beast turrets, only resta. Had to go to hill of spores for anti leveling (the poison clouds). 

1 hour ago, Coast said:

The upright ones defiantly froze like the one right before the boss. That flag is also probably used for the megid turrets that are not supposed to incap.

Correct

Edited by milranduil
enemy tech knockback clarification

• milranduil changed the title to Mil's Bug Report/Adjustment Thread