RJSArtemis

Casual or Hardcore?

So.
When Clementine is up and running, fingers crossed within this month if all goes well with the bug fixing, how are ya'll going to be heading into the game?

1. Charging in armed with the knowledge of wiki's, pedia's, community guides and your own personal expertise from playing the game to expertly rush towards getting your favorite content, gear and classes unlocked and leveled like a well oiled machine?

2. Or just casually strolling along having fun, maybe wasting time away in the lobbies and people's rooms leveling up as you go on missions here and there and experience all that the game has out to offer anew or perhaps for the first time?

Or perhaps you have some other style of approach in-between those spectrums?

What a wonderful question, i honestly haven't think about posting this one!

I'm more of a casual player myself.

I'll probably spend a lot of time with grinding certain areas, and i don't dream to aquire these op gears, but will give a few chanse occasionally.
My goal is: Party up, have fun, find goodies, and enjoy the game, chill out, and repeat. Later if i become really powerful, I'll set myself challanges 😄 for example one could be..... "cannot wear S rank gear challange" or "no armour or unit challange" Just to spice my game up

Every class is unique, but like all of them in the future could face challange, if i wont or will do something goofy, that must be avoided (by serious gamers)

But of course, these challanges will be there for me later in the future, once i know more about bosses, mobs, weapons, techs.... basically about the game.
The room may or may not be locked, depends on the challange. And either case the room name will be "Challange"

Later, i will set up a new account for challange only, and will record it. ^^

What about you?

@Fruzsina
I'm definitely going to be somewhere in-between, I'll play fairly casually, but with how much time I tend to like to spend grinding and just playing overall I'll probably level up decently fast as well, and there's some few things I definitely want to get but I'll also be looking to find a lot of new stuff I never came around to before.

As I really only know Fightmaster I'll definitely spend some time going through the other classes to see which ones I wanna make, since it looks like, at least for the start, that we'll be limited to only 4 characters, I definitely really want to make a Newman for the first time.

I'm mostly hardcore player, but sometimes I may choose to sit in lobby and to do nothing, don't care about challenging other people, except some really rare situations with large bets. So depends on mood and availability of gear I want to have.

- Unlock AT

- Get Me / Quick and then Har / Quick

- Max all of my PAs and get MF, AT, GT, FT to 20

With that out of the way, I can play whichever of my classes is best for the current mission. And I will purposely not always try to get the latest and greatest gear ASAP like I did before, so I can be in a better position later on.

@SHOTGUN
Ah yes, I was like that in FFXIV, sometimes I would spent hours upon hours leveling classes, other times I'd waste hours upon hours just sitting and dicking around with friends getting nothing of note done. XD

The mood for which to do really does change a lot from day to day. 😛

@Midori Hoshi

Well you certainly seem know what exactly you're aiming for. :3 I really don't know much yet past getting Fightmaster unlocked & maxed, not even entirely sure which exact weapon types and PA's I wanna get to use.

I would probably like to figure out what set-up I want for weapon types first then upgrade them all at once every so often as I level up and get newer weapons unlocked so my kit will always remain the same throughout, not sure how much I'll bother with Weapon Grinding until I start getting into the higher tier of weapons, or Weapon Regrading if we end up getting that.

Edited by RJSArtemis

@RJSArtemis hmmm.. I guess you didn't like my style. But that's okay, it's my fun after all ^^

Anyways, i envy fightmasters really much. I mean, they're really powerful, and it's quite fun. But the lack of healing via spells really makes it challange. At least early game. But i guess once i have enough experience with the game, it will be also easlier, like anything really. ^^

Good luck on your newman ❤️

@SHOTGUN hardcore with some rest, now that's a good way to play ❤️

@Midori Hoshi I had the feeling you would type such, because of the posts i made earlier, really hinted that you know your way here. And you will achive your goals really easy. ❤️

4 hours ago, Fruzsina said:

hmmm.. I guess you didn't like my style. But that's okay, it's my fun after all ^^

Ohh? No no I think it is a very neat way to play the game, there's no wrong way to do it after all. :3

@RJSArtemis Hmmm. Odd you both said something about Midori and Shotgun's style (well as thumb up) To mine, you only answered the "what about you?" part :3 But it's okay :3 i'm just messing around no big deal happend really ^^

1 minute ago, Fruzsina said:

@RJSArtemis Hmmm. Odd you both said something about Midori and Shotgun's style (well as thumb up) To mine, you only answered the "what about you?" part :3 But it's okay :3 i'm just messing around no big deal happend really ^^

Ah, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was glossing over your post or anything.

It's just a style I'm not very familiar with so there's not all too much I can say other than that I like the idea.

Also it was like 5am my brain is working half-time. XD

@RJSArtemis And i didn't got upset, i were only tought you just wouldn't enjoy my playstyle.

hehe, at the first period i will be totally casual, since i wont feel myself that powerfull to set rules to myself :3

Am 5? night owl or early bird?

As much as I have absolutely no intention of going hardcore on an ancient game I have so much time on my hands i'll end up playing 5-10 hours a day anyway but it'll be as casual as I can be 😄

@Souma Hmmmm :3 so you mean like .... Casual+? Judging your words you remind me how i play with pso1 some years ago ^^

I think i will going to like you in a room ^^

@RJSArtemis Another vampiric sign. I'll might just call you Dr. Acula in the future 😮 

5 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

Another vampiric sign. I'll might just call you Dr. Acula in the future 😮 

No need for such formalities, everyone calls me Alucard, or Drac.

33 minutes ago, Fruzsina said:

@RJSArtemis Drax would be fine too?

(i think we're going offtopic) 😄

Nah drax is something else. 😛
And yeah maybe a little, to swing it back I'll just say I'm heavily debating buying a new copy of PSU for Xbox 360 as I can't find my original copy anymore and to just grind my ass off in preparation to Clem, would be sweet if I can have my early levels figured out and whatnot before I start to make it smoother.

Casual. That is one of the things that made PSU so great, I never felt the need to rush anything and I could just play the game at my own pace. I will just slowly work towards getting the best gear, character, class and PA levels maxed out, and messing about in the lobbies. 

I will be in no rush with this game.

@TurtleHermit0
Yeah some games do make you feel like there's some kind of urgency to rush to end-game, I'm glad that PSU doesn't so you can freely choose what pace to go at that suits your style. :3

@RJSArtemis I wont give it up till i have a good name :3

Next on my list..... hmmm... Dracy?

Wouldn't that psumod website would be good for you? Some of the fellow forum user use it, so it could be a way to quence your thirst, for both psu and your vampiric needs 😄

@TurtleHermit0 ❤️ If a game force a player to be either hardcore or hit the road, then i wouldn't stay on that game for long. That's one of my issue with certain mmos, they get stale really fast because of it.

Support PA is might something i will try to focus, once i go for magic wielding class.

@Fruzsina

Yeah the PSUmod site can only do so much and it's missing info too, and nothing beats being able to actually play the game and feels things out, can't really decide which weapons I like best just by reading their stats online. XD
It's certainly helpful for a lot of stuff but not what I'd need right now.

And ya it really is best when you can freely choose to play more casual or hardcore and switch it around whenever if you feel like it without having to be left out or feel like you're not getting anything done.

Dracy feels a bit too cute for me.

I don't think cute names could be issues, so i think i will call you Dracy, if you don't mind. I could make it worse :*D

Hmmm, I have no clue, i mean other than what i read from others about this site, which seem to be positive review. But you got me curious a little bit :3 So far i know PSU were shut down for good, so if you happen to get a copy for xbox, you can only play the story right? Not that this patch thing would only do that too 😄

But.... What sort of informations missing?
Also, if things go well, we should have the game soon ^^ *fingers crossed*

@Fruzsina
Ah yes we should have Clem soon, and yes you can only play the story mode on a retail copy since servers no longer exist but you can also play the extra mode which is like online mode but... offline.. without the story stuff and being able to make your own character instead of playing just as Ethan.
Mostly I'd use it to refresh a lot of the maps and enemies to my memory and try out all the weapons for classes and such, see what I like and want to have on my palette for which classes and which classes I wanna do etc. etc.

But I'm not very cute so cute names don't suit me so I mind having a cute name. >.<!

13 hours ago, SHOTGUN said:

You're not cute, you're beautiful like a wonderful night sky 🌌

I'm thankful for the kind words, though I can't say that I'm deserving of them. :3