Jakoo56

Development Post #5

“Okay hi. Okay. Well ok.” -Marmy 2020

Welcome back! Development Post #5! The last one before release, hopefully. We’ve got the latest news on what has been worked on and also things that will be released after! Let’s jump right into it!

Functionality :

• Vanilla rooms now work correctly.
  • Music discs can now be loaded into the jukebox properly.
  • Multiple room features have been implemented such as Bulletin Board, Visitor Log, Password Locking, and Recently Visited Rooms. Titles/Player Record are currently being looked into.
  • Gift boxes can now be placed in rooms and populated with an item of your choice, as well as a message.
  • Photon Gacha now works properly. It can load items, set featured items, and scam your friends of their hard-earned meseta. The Gacha will work slightly differently on Clementine than on official, in that all items have the same rate to roll.
  • Fluge SUVs are now fixed and working correctly.
  • Inspection now works correctly.
  • Enemy and Boss attack data has been implemented, allowing for unique damage modifiers and status effect applications per attack.
  • Multiple Human and Newman SUVs have been created and populated in the respective Planet Shops.
  • Boss elements now show correctly.

Balance : 

• The damage formula has been further tweaked.
  • The Mission Point formula has also been tweaked.
  • Drops themselves are practically finished. Rates are being gone over and finalized.
  • We’d like to thank @WhammyKing121, @Coast, @bando_boyッ, @RandomZ and @Kyu for putting in a lot of effort into making drops. We would not be releasing as soon as we are were it not for these guys.

Mission :

• The currently announced missions are now all completed. Rare enemies have been added.
  • Sinners’ banquet and Beach Bum Beasts have been translated.
  • Moonlight Beast's key problem has been fixed.
  • Ohtori Encampment will not be available at launch, there are a few things we are not able to re-create for the moment.

Updates!

Here are a few things that will be added after release!

GUARDIANS Daily :

• Random / On cycle missions every day with an extra boost!
    Every day, 4 random free missions are selected and added to a counter on the 4th floor of the Colony. There is also a 5th mission that swaps between a list of custom missions on a cycle.
    Each of these missions have a 1 time boost per day for the first clear. When the mission is started, it is considered consumed, so abandoning does not grant the boost back.
    We’re still tweaking the details and we’ll have some more before it releases. Expect it a few short weeks after release!

Missions :

• Rising Malice works and is almost completed!
  • Mechanical Ghosts is partly functional.
  • A new mission called : Echoing Abyss has been added. (It’s a secret!)
  • As always, huge thanks to @Agrajag for making missions possible!

GAS :

• WAIT. STOP. Before reading the following bullet points, we’d like to remind everyone that we do not have the system working as of right now and nothing guarantees that it will. Even if it does end up working, it will not be added for a good while.
  • GAS Is currently considered *possible*. The biggest issue with it was the lack of text on the menus. That issue has been fixed and the menu is acting the way it should be.
  • If the menu is working as intended, most abilities would be possible. There are a few ones that are still unknown, including limit break.

Lastly, release date. We’re still on track for an mid / late August release. We don’t have a very specific date in mind as features are still being added. We want players to simply jump in and enjoy the game without having to worry about bugs. A huge thank you from everyone for your patience. We’ll be playing very soon.

The next announcement should be about release. We'll share a bit more details when that comes out. Thanks for reading!

Posted (edited)

Not only am I happy that the fluges are now working, i'm also taken aback that GAS was stated impossible and now is possible

Thank you guys

Edited by Kanako

Posted (edited)

It's been a while since I've signed in but always lurking and awaiting new updates!

Marmalade and all others who have contributed to the development of this, I'd like to speak as the everyman (as inevitably there are many lurkers and those waiting on the sidelines for the good news who won't drop a comment) for a moment and express my deepest and most sincere gratitude. Many posts and updates dealing with uncertainty, doubt, anxiety, personal issues, and developmental challenges over the years has all culminated to this. In hopefully just a few more weeks, our beloved Phantasy Star Universe will be revived, with the same flaws and quirks but also the same addictive, fun, grinding gameplay that we've all enjoyed ever since we first started playing in 2006. Or 2007, or 2008, or so on.  Keep doing your best everyone and take your time! We're all waiting for the big announcement eagerly and we, a good portion of the community if I may boldly say, want the development team to be in good spirits and health rather than submitting to pressure and demands from the peanut gallery. \o/ Love you all and glad to have been along this several year journey and sifting through all the news, both good and bad, as our Universe was lying down in the ER undergoing surgery.

Edited by Nameless

It's a very good idea to have more than one mission with a boost, but that the boost only lasts once.  It dont kill the interest of other missions and allows those who do not have much time per day to do only these missions. Neat.

6 hours ago, Jakoo56 said:

Lastly, release date. We’re still on track for an mid / late August release.

Don't stress it kid. Good luck on the final stretch. Please stay mentally healthy I can practically hear Marm's head banging against the wall everynight.

So much great stuff. Thank you to Marm and everyone else who helped out. I don't know if that's the best way to do the daily mission system but we will see how it goes. It's exciting to hear that titles and especially GAS may happen in the future.

Said it before and i'll say it again I always believed that Marm and the gang would be able to make PSUC a reality. One of the few games I genuinely adored and we are a month away ! 

I know they probably know but I think I can speak for everyone in the Clem discord/site when I say that we appreciate all of the hard work and time you have all put into this for the benefit of everyone to go back to a game we all love. 

❤️

+1 Post stating how excited it makes me in these complicated times that the dev team is working so hard to bring us a game we loved.  I've been looking forward to this for a really long time and you're going to make a lot of people happy.  Thank you for all the time and effort put into this!

Thank you to all involved. Your effort is appreciated and I look forward to this project and community thriving for years to come. 

This is good news
I will participate in the test again when the server comes back online
I'm looking forward to restarting :)

It's pretty exciting when i have 20 different people pinging me on discord about an update post for Clementine. Glad to see everything is going along well!

w00t i just randomly remembered the letters PSU and after a quick google randomly stumbled upon this project, im gonna bring friends, hope it's finished soon!

Oh my goodness!! I wonder if i can make it at day one, i try to arrange things to make it happen, but no promise :3

Thanks for the patch note ❤️

Time to check the wiki again ❤️, because you guys always post things i have no idea what that is 😄 That's why i love these notes so much ❤️

On 7/25/2020 at 2:51 PM, Brendson VII said:

Please stay mentally healthy

Phisically too! ❤️

Now i can start suggest few of my friend to check the forum, with some luck they will stay ❤️

On 7/25/2020 at 8:07 AM, Jakoo56 said:

A huge thank you from everyone for your patience.

Patience is a virtue, but in the end it will worth it, i'm sure of it! I already had a blast while we had the test server, and i'm new to this game, i bet you guys have more memory, flashbacks ❤️

On 7/25/2020 at 8:07 AM, Jakoo56 said:

Thanks for reading!

❤️ Thank you guys for working on it! ❤️

Jeez with every post you guys always manage to crank out more and more impressive stuff.

Just as damn amazing as those guys who created their own server software for Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE

Thanks for everything you've done; can't wait to hop back in!

Posted (edited)

Release Date: August 15th 2020
Am I Correct?

Edited by Eric007