Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Extracted the models from PSU

So I've extracted this model form Unsafe Passage it took some time to figure out what the texture and model files were to get this together.

The thing is without any knowledge or reverse engineer of the PSUC file I won't be able to figure out how we can utilize the ability to edit models, create new models, edit textures or create new textures for retexturing and reusing older map data files for a renewed experience.

I only want to help PSU evolve into what it could have been had it stayed around another 10years. If anyone has any info please help me out.

I've be able to extract this model and texture data while retaining the Weights to each model.

What are Weights ? Weights are a type of function that allows the bone data to attach to 3d model data and so it's able to become animated with the bone data animation.

This means I don't have to edit weight data and it let's us better understand how models in PSU are animated by bone simply because this is raw data.

I haven't been able to find if this game uses Normals/BumpMaps I'm guessing this game uses MipMaps though because most textures are 256 and under.

Anyways I'm unable to do much from here since I can't simply exchange files because there's really not an all in one decompression manager for PSU.

Kinda trying to figure out what to do from here ughh.

Here's a picture of what I took out of PSUC lol

ExtractedModelData.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, yeah. That's kinda what blender does. A bunch of people have already taken their characters from PSU and uploaded them to VRchat using this program. 

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

I mean, yeah. That's kinda what blender does. A bunch of people have already taken their characters from PSU and uploaded them to VRchat using this program. 

Umm... Blender doesn't extract models it has nothing to do with it. Blender is a 3d modeling, animating, material, sculpting any many other things that include the manipulation of vertices/vertex groups but it does not extract or sniff data from any program unless you have some sort of custom python code which would be out of the normal to do anything of that sort with Blender. I've been using 3ds Max, Maya and Blender since 2009

4 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I've been using 3ds Max, Maya and Blender since 2009

Awesome 😄

11 hours ago, Matt said:

Awesome 😄

Are you trolling me ? you're not being very helpful ....

I'm game to help.

I did a whole lot of work with PSO / Skies of Arcadia / Dreamcast models, basically decompiling .njm files to .obj files and .ms3d

How did you manage to extract the model from the file, or was this through the use of a d3d utility?  The process you used would be a good starting point.

Or is the problem with finding the individual elements in one of the files...?

Someone ages ago gave me the texture dumps for GRM rifles, I was hoping to use them in PSO PC...

(Been working with various 3D programs since 2005... Lightwave, 3DCoat, and Blender are my tools of choice)