Sign in to follow this  
GenotechWolf

keep[ getting Error code 038

Question

I launch it and try to connect and get stuck at searching for new patch screen. and even tried it in administrator mode. any help would be nice.

8 answers to this question

The server is currently down for a couple of months while we finish working on preparing it for the final release. Sorry for any inconvenience.

5 minutes ago, Kyu said:

The server is currently down for a couple of months while we finish working on preparing it for the final release. Sorry for any inconvenience.

its amazing how many new people are joining in just as you guys shut it down haha    Looking forward to playing x.x

On 2/7/2020 at 8:33 PM, Guru Absolem said:

its amazing how many new people are joining in just as you guys shut it down haha    Looking forward to playing x.x

I bet it has something to do with that PSO2 is finally coming out. However, yea i can't wait for the final release and be able to play this classic again. 

Wow lame..... me and friends found this get super hyped up only to hear that they took it down for months to "work" on it... Most people work on games while they have some type of version active for bug fixes and quality of life improvements... if your wiping in a few months why keep the servers offline? This is pretty depressing.... No point in keeping the servers off by the time the re-release everyones gonna be long gone..... 

33 minutes ago, DarkAmp said:

Wow lame..... me and friends found this get super hyped up only to hear that they took it down for months to "work" on it... Most people work on games while they have some type of version active for bug fixes and quality of life improvements... if your wiping in a few months why keep the servers offline? This is pretty depressing.... No point in keeping the servers off by the time the re-release everyones gonna be long gone..... 

Thanks to it being down, people are able to focus on development more. It will be able to launch earlier, and in a better state, so you should look at it for what it is, a good thing. Just hang on for a couple more months, and you can fully enjoy all of the time and effort that Marm and the other devs put into it.

Edited by Midori Hoshi

I not sure how you guys feel about these wipes, but my honest opinion about, is as one who haven't had the luck to play with it. I had fun times, before the shutdown. Even if such core elements, like trading, crafting our gear, and the partner machine thing weren't fully working (and probably a lot more else). It were fun times for a bit, but if you guys can make it better,  even if it will take some time, why not? Personally i would feel down, if there would be a weekly wipe, just for the sake of you guys just added something that change the ballance. So now we had a bit of a teaser, how the game looks, and then wiped after a while, aded in planty thing, and then we see it again.

And basically, if you guys aim to make something good, and working on it, we really shouldn't complain! The community is awesome, and if i know it right, it will be the last wipe. One of my friend survived a few wipes here, and yet still returning here. So i have high hopes that we will see the final build. Even if it will take a while. So these teasers we could seen so far, give you all flashbacks, and new memories to me, and (probably) a some other else.

And lastly, the weekly update notes show us you guys put in time and effort to it ❤️ You guys deserve the credits to make this game working again! ❤️

To me it will be fun explore the final version ^^ So guys please be patient, and stay tuned on the updates. It will worth it ❤️

On 2/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, DarkAmp said:

If you were here before the test server was shut down, you would have a better understanding of why it was shut down. Development speed has really picked up since the latest test server was taken down, and although I miss it, it seems to have been for the best in the long run.

"No point in keeping the servers off by the time the re-release everyones gonna be long gone"

I disagree completely. I have been here since pretty much the very beginning, coming up to 6 years, and we have had multiple test servers that have come and gone in that time and the population has only increased after each one. I have learned that fans are pretty loyal to the game and seeing this project through.

Edited by TurtleHermit0