Jakoo56

Development Post #1

Good day!

Welcome to the first of many Development Posts. In these forum posts, we’ll update you with what’s been worked on behind the scenes.

Synthesis :

Drops and Boxes :

• Drops are coming along smoothly, boards and materials included. Boxes have been researched, documented, and planned out, and as of now C rank is complete. Enemy Drops have also been completed for C  rank, along with Enemy Special Drops. Area Drops have not been refactored yet. Drops are being re-tiered along with mission ranks to accompany the mission rebalance we are working on.

Missions :

• As mentioned in drops, the missions are going to be rebalanced, meaning Vanilla missions are no longer going to be useless compared to AOTI missions. There will always be at least one mission that unlocks every 5 levels so that the game remains rewarding all the way through, and retains a feeling of progression. We won’t be sharing too much on this right now as we’re still planning and testing.

• Here’s something we’ve been working on for the past week! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7DxlBFZNA
    We've been researching how to make missions from scratch, and the first stop was Red Hot Jungle. It may look a bit empty right now and that’s because we haven’t worked on adding the fancy grass models just yet. They will be added after we're done with the core of the mission. Hopefully all of the JP exclusive missions will be brought back. Next one should be a bit more fantastic…

Special and HUGE thanks to @Agrajag for making any of this possible!

We hope to have a lot more to share very, very soon. Thanks for reading!

42% Fire Brandline

hiclipart.com.png

Server been killed for less than a week and already good progress made. We truly were the problem.

Solution. Finish the project and let no one play it. Perfect.

Edited by Brendson VII

This is amazing! Outstanding job clementine team. I am looking forward for more development post in the future. Thank you for this!

This is really awesome stuff! Crazy the amount of progress you guys have made. 

I was kind of curious what the plans were for the glitched room decorations and if there was any plan to put in the online campaign content? I'm a little out of the loop of the status of other features besides the ones laid out in the recent announcements.

I thought a few months after the test released when I stopped partaking in the *Test* that you could do far more work if you werent constantly hotfixing random things and I believe that for the first few months it was productive but it very quickly became people just playing for the love of the game instead of testing and myself included was apart of that problem.

I have every faith and fully trust that you guys/gals can remake to the highest degree of accuracy the game that we all loved and miss. Hopefully when its done we can get JP/GER/FR/ servers along side English ones after a while to enable those communities to have a home they also lost.

Much love to all the team and I cant wait to see how the game grows in the coming years.

Edited by Souma

It's exciting to see lost missions being revived and the progress you all are making! I look forward to seeing the end result of what you guys are able to do with this downtime and hope the final release is far less stressful than the test ended up being.

Man I was a few weeks short of being able to play at all.. I really hope something comes up that allows servers to come up earlier than planned. I just want to play the game again buggy or not. 

On 1/25/2020 at 11:30 PM, Guru Absolem said:

Man I was a few weeks short of being able to play at all.. I really hope something comes up that allows servers to come up earlier than planned. I just want to play the game again buggy or not. 

The issue with them getting nothing done is because of that pretty much because they were so busy hotfixing and making sure that it was playable sort of that they lost time with more important things to do.

I know its easy for me to say considering I have played the test server for a good time when it first came out but trust me it was going absolutely nowhere in terms of what work they are getting done now.

On 2/1/2020 at 4:55 PM, Souma said:

The issue with them getting nothing done is because of that pretty much because they were so busy hotfixing and making sure that it was playable sort of that they lost time with more important things to do.

I know its easy for me to say considering I have played the test server for a good time when it first came out but trust me it was going absolutely nowhere in terms of what work they are getting done now.

So most of the game wasn't really ready anyway? I figured it was more or less copy and paste since sega or whoever was directly in charged handled all that. I haven't done much to look into clementine yet. Guess ill be better off playing extra mode on an emulator for the time being.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:40 AM, Guru Absolem said:

So most of the game wasn't really ready anyway? I figured it was more or less copy and paste since sega or whoever was directly in charged handled all that. I haven't done much to look into clementine yet. Guess ill be better off playing extra mode on an emulator for the time being.

The server was far from ready. We don't have any original source code from SEGA, so the server has been completely remade from scratch.

I'm really hoping for the server to be back up, can't wait to dive back into phantasy star universe online. Man, that sub series is good, even if it has difficulty spikes at certain points.

20 hours ago, Kyu said:

The server was far from ready. We don't have any original source code from SEGA, so the server has been completely remade from scratch.

Yeah I looked around after a bit. I read somewhere they mentioned that. Man.. I might give PSO2 a try since its free and all. Couldn't hurt. I would love for PSU to return or another. As im sure most people here agree. Oh well, it seems like there has been plenty of improvments. I haven't played clem at all yet so I cant donate but I would pay 5-10 a month paetron instead of the old guardians licence