Marmalade

The future and the goals

ope, looks like you need some hugs.

<hugs>

^_^

Thank you all for giving me a place to play 🙂

(and somewhere I can avoid, uh... bans on other games?)

You know what, i disagree entirely. Sure, the broken parts suck, but making the game "fun" was a priority that I am glad you guys had. This server was waaay more fun than the old US/EU AOTI. WAAAAY more fun. More cool stuff, etc. 

PSU is a very out dated MMO, both in looks and in design. I dont think most people want to start all over again. I dont mean from a wipe. I mean for veterans who played it back in the day. 

Honestly, it will be a detrimental mistake to not make the game "fun" as possible. Vanilla PSU, whether full JP version or something in between the western version and the JP version, still needs to be tweaked and worked on and yes, changed over time. The biggest mistake MMO devs make is sticking to some grand unattainable vision that ends up getting altered but not for the better. Whatyou guys did with Clementine was for the BETTER. 

Ill be honest: I dont have a lot of faith we will ever see the private server again, and most dont want to play the western version or some "almost" version of the JP offering. What clementine had was already leaps and bounds above the original western version. Im not interested in grinding, pointlessly, against Segac's terrible RNG.  Most of us are in our late 20s and in our 30s and older. We were kids or in our low to mid 20s during the OG version. PSU private server isnt going to bring in a crap load of a new generation. You need to understand who your audience is.  Oh well. It's your game. I dont want to sound disrespectful or entitled. Im just saying that Id bet this is the end. 

Im sure commenters will disagree with me. There are some die hards out there. But a lot of it is rose colored glasses when it comes to OG. Especially the western version which was like an alpha build of the JP version.

It's a shame pso2 is so boring and the classes are so bad. It really is. I want to love it and ive spent over 2k hours in PSO2. It just doesnt have the magic of PSU. 

I dont blame you for not wanting to pay the enormous server bill. Not one bit. But id bet money this will be it for the private server, for good. So godspeed every one. It's been amazing.  Thank you to the devs for providing me with some awesome nostalgia! 

IVE BEEN WAITING PATIENTLY 

excuse the caps, I havnt been frustrated, not at all,

I WILL PATREON UP ONCE SYNTHESIS IS OUT! 

I CANT WAIT! THANK YOU!

mod edit: dont leave your personal information where people can see it like this  k thnx.

18 hours ago, Nhisso said:

"Most of us are in our late 20s and in our 30s and older. We were kids or in our low to mid 20s during the OG version"

i'm approching mid 20's and a Veteran and i'm from UK/EU i loved the OG on the Xbox and like many was sad when the servers went off.. but i moved on with a thought in the back of my mind that it might return but wasn't sure how.. i don't really like grinding either, so i just use PSU for my own reasons.. which some have voiced their opinion on.. and some have supported.. i found Clementine in 2017 and was happy that someone was bringing it back.. this is just my 2 cents/opinion.. i was glad to see it return, and indeed i agree on nostalgia.. thank you Dev team ^^ x

On 1/12/2020 at 7:01 AM, Time said:

is nikki still gonna be mod tho? that's the real question

I'll still be here to be your personal boogie person -haunts- 👻 Just for you

I hope you guys enjoy your break and can get things running soon. I had recently dusted my 360 off after moving into a new house and played through the Story Mode. Hungry for more, I came here, but unfortunately just in time for you guys to be shutting down. 

Oh well. Hopefully you guys come back soon. I was planning on supporting you guys on patreon in lieu of the original monthly Hunter's License. 😄 Come back soooooon! I'm gonna grind the Extra mode out of boredom while I wait!