BigTeef

Increase the rates closer to end days vanilla

I heavily agree that early game at the moment is a bit screwed.  To start, weapons from the NPC shops are in some cases triple to quadruple their original price in the official servers (Breaker being 8k now as opposed to 2k). When my friend and I first started the server, we assumed that since the weapons were so expensive, there would be a heavier push for synthesis or out right farming for weapon drops. To my dismay however, there is not a single backup at the moment . Synthesis does not exist, it's grossly unrealistic to assume that people will be selling 1~3 star weapons in their player shop (I have yet to see a player shop btw), and 1~3 star weapons have drop rates comparable to S-ranks (1.5% on Breaker) unless I'm misunderstanding the drop table, and meseta drops / early item selling is not proportionate to the cost of items early on (selling a Breaker for 400 meseta, when it costs 8k). Furthermore, the most important take away from this is that you should not be struggling and/or thinking this much so early in the game.  Noodles put it quite nicely here, which I think is how most people feel about early game right now.

17 hours ago, Noodles said:

If it seems like the game is going to be slow and unrewarding, it's likely that one would give up early move on to something else.

I'm uncertain if this lack of meseta issue is present in the later game, but from what I've heard it isn't for whatever reason. I feel this reason seriously needs to be looked at and compared to the early game because clearly something is present in late game that early game lacks. In saying that, obviously the early game shouldn't be neglected and left in shambles. We have yet to see players struggle and get seriously stuck due to these issues, assumably because most players have strength in numbers at the moment. I fear what newer, solo players will have to deal with later on with the current state of balance regarding this topic. Also, can we seriously look at strike PA experience rates? They seem horribly off in comparison to bullets and techs.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

Having read through some of the posts and playing the game more, I think if anything, just buff initial PA rates at least until 21ish. Starting from a melee class, it's been a dice roll as to what kind of weapon I'd get as a drop to further progression. This often had me bouncing to a different weapon type and starting levelling a new PA. It's fine since everyone is low level at the moment, and missions can be completed reasonably fast with a group even with low level PAs.

I'm not posting out of personal discontent with rates, I'm actually enjoying them right now that I've gained some levels and things are picking up speed. They make it more of an achievement. My concern is the first impression that late newcomers will form when testing the waters. It's not conducive to growing/maintaining the player base. Like I said earlier: reward them with a strong early sense of progression that encourages them to form future goals to strive toward.

I really just want as many people playing as possible. It's healthy for the community, especially in terms of keeping the player shop economy stocked with items. That's my ulterior motive. I've experienced a lack thereof with PSOBB before. Ephinea's population when I played it was so low that I often found myself playing solo. The price deviations on scarce items were enormous, if you could find someone with said scarce item at all. Without the current low level hype train we're experiencing right now, I think new players will struggle and feel inclined to spend their time elsewhere. I know a few of us will go out of our way to carry new players, supplying them with meseta, weapons and the like to ease the initial hump, but that's not completely reliable.

Anyway, time will tell. I could be spewing baseless shit out my ass for all I know.

Edited by Noodles
  • Thumbs Up 1

Im' almost LV 40 and things much better.  I had about 80k and was not that super long till I had 150k to buy 2 new Rods.

The player shops should eventually get filled up with many cheap items. As time goes on, there will be more and more items on the server, and the prices will continually get reduced, to the point where C and B rank items will likely become worthless. Until then, we should be selling items in player shops instead of the NPC.

yea, i heard especially with Me / Quick.   Looks like soo much great stuff and potential.  This is exciting

As Midori said, currently we're missing lots of drops/mission rewards which would balance out the curve of progression a bit and make things less of a grind/chore to play. Right now though, there's a lot on the table to do so a rate change probably isn't coming anytime soon. We do however have the rates in consideration and have talked about it, so these things aren't unknown.

Unpopular opinion but I like the rates we have now. I grinded to lv60 with a group of 5 or 6 other guys and we started making pretty good meseta around lv30. Just find a group you can stick with and help each other out. Some guys in my group were dropping me meseta so I could afford a laser cannon, and when I got decent striking weapons to drop, I'd give it to them etc. Our team gets stronger the more we play & farm together. I've had a lot of fun these past few days.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Benadryl Cucumber said:

Unpopular opinion but I like the rates we have now. I grinded to lv60 with a group of 5 or 6 other guys and we started making pretty good meseta around lv30. Just find a group you can stick with and help each other out. Some guys in my group were dropping me meseta so I could afford a laser cannon, and when I got decent striking weapons to drop, I'd give it to them etc. Our team gets stronger the more we play & farm together. I've had a lot of fun these past few days.

Agreed. You'll never feel any sense of accomplishment if you're just handed levels and MP.

• Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, Benadryl Cucumber said:

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Agreed. You'll never feel any sense of accomplishment if you're just handed levels and MP.

I also agree. 

The server has been up for a few days and people are moaning about drops? Come on, just keep playing the game, you'll get what you want in time.

I don't understand why people want things to come quicker and easier, do people want to achieve everything that can be achieved in the game in a few weeks? If that is what people want, then Clementine's population will drop massively because people will get bored.

In all honesty, I would be happy if leveling up slowed down too. It doesn't take very long to reach level cap as it is.

I'm personally fine with the XP, MP, and item drop rates. My only complaint has always been with the current NPC shop prices for C-B rank gear (and A rank gear to an extent) which should be gear that's easy enough to obtain through NPC shops because no class should want to use such gear for very long. It makes almost no sense to keep the prices on this gear so high when we're missing mission rewards, area drops, and box drops. I really think lowering the prices on these lower ranks of gear would go a long way towards helping make things feel better in the earlier levels and wouldn't harm balance.

my character has 30 hours game time i'm level 60 got A rank 9* weapons and S rank shotguns ... whats this 200 hours ur talking about? 4 shotgun pa's are lv 21 plus and one is level 39 another is 31. laser cannon shots level 11-21 etc its easy to level n level pa's.

After playing for quite a while (finally level 25) I can happily say that it does get much easier to make money once higher leveled. (I personally prefer going solo or up to 2 others, keeps it fast and enemies aren't so full of health!)

I think, at the very least, the prices for C rank weapons certainly need a sizable decrease. And with the meseta rewards for missions (just got implemented!) along with that... it'll certainly be a healthy balance. Maybe a small increase to meseta drop rates as well... (key word is maybe)

Now that I have what I actually want... (which were some really cute clothes... don't bug me about it I'm not pragmatic when it comes to video games!) the game is much more fun to me. I just hope the grind doesn't alienate any newcomers... because unlike some of us they don't have all the time to grind.  Personally I can't sit in front of a screen for several hours on end (break or no break included) despite the amount of time I have on my hands. And I'd love to see more new people along for the ride and have them stay 💙

5 hours ago, Dia said:

Maybe a small increase to meseta drop rates as well.

Meseta drops like candy in A rank missions.

I think maybe a PA increase to 2x or 1.5x everything is fine.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Meseta drops like candy in A rank missions.

Not high enough to play in one yet (or at least play in one and have fun.) as quite a few others are also way too low to play them. Was more thinking a small increase for the lower leveled missions (most C missions and maybe a couple Bs)

No don't ruin the game just because some people want everything in a week and then sit around 4th floor ERPing as loli's. EXP rates are fine,. Meseta Rates are fine, I even think the rare missions should be brought down a bit and now that missions have meseta rewards money is easy to get. If anything maaaybe look in to increasing PA rates I guess but if you don't that's fine.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Zidane said:

No don't ruin the game just because some people want everything in a week and then sit around 4th floor ERPing as loli's. EXP rates are fine,. Meseta Rates are fine, I even think the rare missions should be brought down a bit and now that missions have meseta rewards money is easy to get. If anything maaaybe look in to increasing PA rates I guess but if you don't that's fine.

PREACH 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Zidane said:

No don't ruin the game just because some people want everything in a week and then sit around 4th floor ERPing as loli's. 

Related image

Edited by BigTeef
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Most people shouldn’t have to defend themselves when they state a fact: that we don’t have the same amount of time (generally speaking) as we did when we were kids. 

Let’s point out some of the facts: a lot of veteran players to clementine server stated to me that it’ll be easier to get gear later one. I play FG and started 3-4 days ago. 

I received 1 blackbull from a kind person who had no use for it outside of meseta. 

This person also gave me A rank guns and A rank GL. 

From a gunner perspective: A rank shotgun is 700k... 

S rank is 950k... 

i make without spending 2m. I must repay blackbull, so I put aside 1.5m. 1.5m come from leveling through event. 15-64. 500k from random stranger dropping meseta. 

I buy S rank armor today with Giga Bullet. 275k.

i still am using B rank shotgun. 

My most used PA is 32. 

Shotgun PA. Everything else getting to 12-14 now. 

I can not afford to buy new shotgun of any kind. Armor units if I recall have always been expensive more or less in retail. A lot of the good guns, Kubara, Satellite, Degahna, etc, are not in game yet. 

Phantom 400k, Burst was easy to obtain thanks to event. 

As new player, I find the system unfriendly to start but the players more than make up for this for me. No one kick me, everyone was helpful. 

In retail there was steady upgrades and I recall starting fresh and not having a problem accumulating what I needed and to obtain a usable pallet. If not for players helping me I would feel different. So to tell someone it doesn’t matter in the long run how they feel about immediate enjoyment because of a lack of natural progression is a good fuck you to them. 

I agree with increase because a lot of the cost for lower players is heavy. Retention makes game popular. While we may have opinion of hardcore players and their place in a game like PSU, that is what PA levels are for. Gear didn’t compensate for not having leveled PAs. This system is what has been done away with in every mmo that’s survived and surviving today, because a system that doesn’t reward new players is fundamentally a failure. 

PSU had a satisfying balance to this. PAs. Now some classes peak is better than others but the bottom line is making meseta and gear more accessible isn’t going to affect how a player truly survives end-game (lol thinking this, it’s still a casual grind game..) unless the player has problem leveling PAs. I don’t care if it takes time to level PAs. Natural progression is there; you use a skill, it levels. We do need to address the fact it’s HARDER for some classes and balancing around this is another conversation and headache in itself. 

But anyone who says crap like too much meseta and too easy to get “rares” is fooling themselves. Especially when this is not retail and we don’t have a fully functioning game. I don’t mean this in a bad way but as a matter of fact.

PAs is the answer to the question of balance. Give people ways to access gear and levels but if they want to have a good class then they know they must level PAs. 

Edited by 9mm
  • Thumbs Up 1