Sign in to follow this  
xbmitchx

Eliteism

So, through all the games I've played there has always been those super elitist people where if you aren't on their level you are nothing and they have every right to criticize you on that. Never understood that mentality like it has to be dreadfully tiring to be so concerned with other people to have that attitude.  Just had my first encounter of it on here and I really don't understand it especially for the fact that all our characters will be wiped whether it be in 2 months or 8 months down the road. Like whats the point, honestly? 

Welcome to the PSU community. There is always those 3-5 people like that around here, just how it is. I don't get it either, never will. It's just a waste of time, I chalk it up to them having nothing better to do with life or something. 

Elitism is a consequence of the inability to communicate with people, this type of people considers themself smarter than others and if others do not kneel before them, they begin to boast of any, even the most insignificant achievements. Faced with indifference, such people try to stand out on leaderboards, but reaching new heights only further alienates them from ability of normal communication. Elitism is a feature that the elitist will never recover from until he himself wants to work on it. The elitist will pretend that he does not care what others think about him, but in fact, after the one-next throw, he will wait for expressive reactions and his ego will grow from this, therefore it is best not to pay attention to him and in no case become his slave (often such players become masters of guilds with harsh demands, where they, in fact, gain slaves for themselves to amuse their ego)  As long as the elitist remains elitist, he will not be happy either in the game or in real life, because his ego is simulated and does not reflect his real personality, so you should think about your behavior if you have a penchant for elitism.

Tips : players who allow themselves to act elitist and snobs you are generally not that good. It's a way for them to reassure themselves.

But that said, it's really painful to see someone objectively play bad on a game as simple as psu. I can understand that some lose patience. 

It's so similar, reminds me of my friend who does everything impossible slowly and with lots of missteps, for example, if I give her an important equipment item, I can be sure that she will either sell it by chance, or accidentally drop it away, or store it somewhere and forget that she has it, it happens always, but I still keep calm and respect even this form of playstyle ^_^" In any case, everyone finds something that brings him joy from the game, some players strive to reach the cap asap, others strive to do as much as possible to level up longer and stretch the pleasure of making mistakes.

(Example If you are using a rifle to knock things across the room in SV)

I could just say nothing and leave afterwards (which is probably the best way to go) OR alternatively I could suggest what you should be using to make your runs / my run faster. But people don’t like suggestions or to be called out.

You could argue that it’s not just elitism , but people themselves have egos and are too stubborn to take advice. But with that being said you don’t want advice from the wrong people or you are just back where you started, and theirs a hell of a lot of misinformation in PSU.

A thing that makes this more apparent, the more party members = the more HP, it doesn’t make sense to join a random party... so with the exception of SV... 90%+ of missions I can solo faster than joining a random party. So joining a party that is doing kappa in 8/9/10 mins, is slower than me doing it in 7... This doesn’t apply to SV, the HP is too high, you can solo it... but you’ll get a better time with a random party because of the HP modifier, so you’ll be more likely to clash with an “elitist”.

This really isn’t a hard game to get good at, I’d rather you was doing 200 dmg per enemy rather than spreading things out/making things spin/running halfway across the map at the portal to collect a neptuline. Etcetc :D 

It depends on how you say it, I don’t think that adequate advice will be perceived as a manifestation of elitism. On the other hand, all players are different and you should not take too closely if someone says it  in rude way or or won't listen to your advice. Let's be more friendly. 

It's best to blacklist them and move on like with most bad people encounters on PSU. =P You wont gain anything by being around them, just frustration.

I haven't experienced much of it on PSU, but like any game, it exists. The worst I have seen is when people tell you to how to play the game. I have no time for people like that, I just ignore them. I will play how I like, if that isn't good enough for them, then that is tough s*** really. 

I just like to play the game with anybody, how they play doesn't matter. They can be really bad and die like 20 times, I don't care. I will just revive them when they need me to and carry on with the game.