Coding work

Occasionally we ask for help from the community when working on Clementine.
If there's anything that you feel you could help with then feel free to drop in here!
SirNiggles

Coding work

Postby SirNiggles » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:25 pm

Hey all, I'm a C#/C++/Java developer and have a bunch of down time at my work.

I can pick up any other language pretty quickly, if you have any coding work that needs to be done feel free to send it my way!

Aeternal

Re: Coding work

Postby Aeternal » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:11 pm

AFAIK, they aren't necessarily in need of coders per se. However, just general pentesting, game breaking etc. may help them out some. In my case I'm developing a model importer/exporter just for the hell of it. So really just pick something up and go to work if you want. Server-wise I don't think they need any help.

Gnome

Postby Gnome » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Currently, I don't believe we need any extra help with coding, although I'm sure Marmalade would be the main man to answer.
If he doesn't just take my word on not needing it (I guess)

The main objective is to find bugs and squash as many of them as we can before we progress much further, getting rid of them as we go will always be better than getting to the end and finding all of them, ey.

Report bugs, make some fancy stuff? idk.

Thanks for the offer though.
Hurt me please

Sam

Postby Sam » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:20 am

Aeternal wrote:In my case I'm developing a model importer/exporter just for the hell of it..

Make sure you're ONLY testing exported models using the bikini clothing.
i like touhou

Aeternal

Postby Aeternal » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Sam wrote:
Aeternal wrote:In my case I'm developing a model importer/exporter just for the hell of it..

Make sure you're ONLY testing exported models using the bikini clothing.

How else would I test them ;)

dimarya276

Postby dimarya276 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:38 am

SirNiggles wrote:Hey all, I'm a C#/C++/Java developer and have a bunch of down time at my work.

I can pick up any other language pretty quickly, if you have any coding work that needs to be done feel free to send it my way!

What about making AddOns? Not sure if this is even possible for PSU Clementine, but there's many little things that would be awesome to tweak. Even just something that makes selling junk easier would be awesome for example. The amount of button presses required to sell stacks of items is ridiculous, lol.

Gnome

Postby Gnome » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:22 am

dimarya276 wrote:What about making AddOns? Not sure if this is even possible for PSU Clementine, but there's many little things that would be awesome to tweak. Even just something that makes selling junk easier would be awesome for example. The amount of button presses required to sell stacks of items is ridiculous, lol.

AddOns are entirely possible, unsure to what extent... I wrote DPS overlay thing a while back, no idea if it works on the JP client. Maybe I'll look into that later. Although, I think having a DPS meter of any kind would...bring alot of toxicity into PSU and I'd like to avoid that where possible.

I considered creating an EXP TnL timer or estimation of how long it'll take you to get to the next level, which shouldn't be difficult for me to create. oooo shiny things.
Hurt me please

dimarya276

Postby dimarya276 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:07 am

Gnome wrote:
dimarya276 wrote:What about making AddOns? Not sure if this is even possible for PSU Clementine, but there's many little things that would be awesome to tweak. Even just something that makes selling junk easier would be awesome for example. The amount of button presses required to sell stacks of items is ridiculous, lol.

AddOns are entirely possible, unsure to what extent... I wrote DPS overlay thing a while back, no idea if it works on the JP client. Maybe I'll look into that later. Although, I think having a DPS meter of any kind would...bring alot of toxicity into PSU and I'd like to avoid that where possible.

I considered creating an EXP TnL timer or estimation of how long it'll take you to get to the next level, which shouldn't be difficult for me to create. oooo shiny things.

I feel you on the DPS thing potentially becoming an issue with certain players. :/

A utility AddOn that would be nice for Techers is a countdown timer for the buffs. Upon casting the first buff, it would start a timer based on the rank of that buff. As a Fortetecher that would really help me to decide when is the best time to renew them, before they run out. The last thing I want is to have to do that during a large battle, especially if I'm also trying to keep people alive, lol.

KanameChidori

Postby KanameChidori » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:16 am

Gnome wrote:

A DPS meter and an ETA per level would be very nice to have. Only kids would make a big deal out of how high their DPS is and brag about it. Optional addons would be sweet. Personally I've always wanted HP bars/numbers in PSU. I know there are a couple for PSOBB, because it's something many people wanted. Would be cool to see that and other such addons.
KanameChidori Lvl 180 Female Cast AF 20 FM 20 FF 20 PT 20 (JP)
LaLa Lvl 180 Female Newman 20 MF 20 FT 20 WT (JP)

AsunaChidori Lvl 120 Female Newman 10 FT 10 WT 20 MF (Clementine) (Retired)

Amazin

Coding work

Postby Amazin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:19 pm

another coder that has time to help if needed let me know
its amazin so amazin

Return to “Job List”